Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.09 - 106votes)

Valkyria Engine

Alt Names: alt ヴァルキュリア内燃機関alt 瓦尔基里内燃机alt Valkyria Enginealt Valkyria Nainen Kikanalt Valkyria Nainenkikanalt Valkyrie Nainen Kikanalt Valkyrie Nainenkikanalt Valkyrja Enginealt Valkyrja Engine
Author: Kijima Renga
Artist: Kijima Renga
Genres: Action ActionHarem HaremMecha MechaRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A battle love comedy centered around the military student Shiroyama Reiji, who is blessed with the ability to break any guns he lays hands on immediately. The students operate battle machines called "Valkyria Engines" in a war against the mysterious AUS, who invaded half a century ago.
Go to Valkyria Engine Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is this like Infinite Stratos New Window Zslasher
  • 2 Replies

153 Comments

overwhelming victory? You guys struggled, only managed to kill one out of two, and you call it overwhelming victory? A huge step in the war against the AUS, more likely. but an overwhelming victory? most certainly not.

There's also the one problem, that guns are dependent on ammunition. Run out, and all you have is a club with moving parts.  Also, not everyone can instinctively, or at the least, can fire a gun with the same level of accuracy, otherwise there wouldn't be cutoffs for qualifications to use one.  Reiji's making use of his best asset, and that's really all anyone can do.

Firstly, this discussion seems to be more interesting than the manga itself so I'm throwing in my 2 cents (which I'll have back, those are pre-zinc copper mints).

Secondly, militaries specialize in generalization (ironically) and can force-feed anyone from any background into shooting accurately enough to get the job done with other people doing the same thing. Basically, it seems that the MC just refuses to put the time in to learn. There's no place for fists as a primary weapon in large-scale technologically-driven warfare.

Unless you're badass.

This manga has no redeeming points. It's full of all the cliche stuff you've met up to this point in a lot of other shounen action manga. If this were the first manga of its kind that I'd had read then it would probably be okay but since I'm looking for something that is not 99% copy pasta...I think this one won't go far if things don't change.

Wow, first page and I'm already put off. Of course his little sister is dead/converted/missing. Can't we have an MC who just wants to do something because he feels like it instead of doing something because of a traumatic past?

Fuck it, I'll still read this...

If you want to read about some retard kid's story, like really retard.

This is your manga:

-Retard MC: "I will win with my bare-hand instead of guns ... since i am waaayyyy tooo stupid to handle guns... And that's the guns' fault!! Not mine!!"

-The sane dude: "Uhh. what? Are you retard? How do you think you can win?"

-Retard MC: "I don't know!! But i will win!!"

-The sane dude: "Deus ex Machina then..."

There you go, the manga's dumb permise! And it's not even original...

There's also the one problem, that guns are dependent on ammunition. Run out, and all you have is a club with moving parts.  Also, not everyone can instinctively, or at the least, can fire a gun with the same level of accuracy, otherwise there wouldn't be cutoffs for qualifications to use one.  Reiji's making use of his best asset, and that's really all anyone can do.

Whoops. Double post by mistake.

Phi's armor is so poorly designed her "helmet" would pretty much snap her neck like a twig if she didn't maintain a perfectly straight standing posture.

Hum... Looking back at her "helmet", it seems to be supported by the back piece. It's big, sure, but my guess is that it mostly contains a computer or other electronic devices. As such, the weight should not be too high if you use stuff like aluminum/carbon fiber. It could be supported by some well designed frame.

Though... It's a manga where a diesel engine produces more electricity than the Aus can drain. And these Aus can drain land lines (which have more voltage and current than any combustion engine can produce, ever) in a large radius around them. So yeah... Any argumentation about structural stuff is pretty moot in this setting.

or maybe her "helmet" doesn't actually weigh as much as it looks. or it is set to apply enough anti-gravitational force on itself to avoid weight on the user.

If they have the composite materials (let alone anti-gravity tech) needed to create a balanced/lightweight helmet of that size, they have the technology to develop infantry based laser weaponry/railguns.

The U.S. military, in 2014, has laser weaponry and railguns. They just require a LOT of power (which the manga has solved with flight capable, assisted power exosuits) and super strong, heat dispersing materials (which they obviously have since they're strapping miniature VTOL engines on a person's back)

This is your manga:

-Retard MC: "I will win with my bare-hand instead of guns ... since i am waaayyyy tooo stupid to handle guns... And that's the guns' fault!! Not mine!!"

I know it is a dumb quirk of MC but it was only briefly mention unlike other manga which keep shoving it up your face, and it is mentioned they fight in air and gun can only damage the wing, thus a melee fighter is needed to kill them on land, also  they wear power suit and MC is a protoype mean there are more of them so it is not as dumb or useless as you make it out to be.

though i was hoping atleast he get a blade or something and enemy only comes out at chapter 5

This is your manga:

To be fair, he is too strong that guns are like made of cartons. The evidence is when they all played with the punching machine. Also you can also not win with just guns. They need all the weapons they can muster. 

They want the P.

This is your manga:

Steam/diesel-punk was actually grounded on the fact that the suits were often times nothing more than powered exoskeletons to accommodate the super heavy armor/weapon they used.

Phi's armor is so poorly designed her "helmet" would pretty much snap her neck like a twig if she didn't maintain a perfectly straight standing posture.

or maybe her "helmet" doesn't actually weigh as much as it looks. or it is set to apply enough anti-gravitational force on itself to avoid weight on the user.

The exoskeletons they use seem like they have their origins in Diesel-Punk (which means things like vibrations and heat don't cause the harm they should I guess). Overall I'm still on the fence about this series, unsure whether it's bad or okay. Roundhouse kicking the shark was definitely the high point so far.

Steam/diesel-punk was actually grounded on the fact that the suits were often times nothing more than powered exoskeletons to accommodate the super heavy armor/weapon they used.

I want that fan!!!

Miltary setting with all the regulation and shit.

Still in highschool.

Why am i not so supprise about it ?

The setting is humanity were put in a corner so they are desperate.  During the last years of World War 2, Nazi mobilize the Hitler Youth for military duty.  The difference is they are more than capable to a point I think they are genetically engineered or at least enhanced just for this. It's kinda similar to Arpeggio were the sea is enemy teritory. They are desperate they made some unethical things like the Design Children Project.

But in cynical realist point of view the target audience are teenager so it's common to have characters they can relate to.

lol in a way this is like gintama, the MC don't ever think of romance, but he already have a little harem around him.

MC already has all the girls, why would he need romance?

He doesn't have all the girls there is still one more that he hasn't won over yet.

harem without romance eh? .. ugh ...

MC already has all the girls, why would he need romance?

Without romance? Best thing of ever xD

...For a second there, I thought the model designation for Kanade's engine was LMAO.  o.O;

Oh damn, I wasn't the only one!

lel who thought it was a good idea to strap a vibrating automobile engine to your back? Heat output aside, continuous heavy vibration causes numbing to occur, and with continuous usage will cause mid-life problems concerning bloodflow, which is commonly known to contractors as white finger.

The exoskeletons they use seem like they have their origins in Diesel-Punk (which means things like vibrations and heat don't cause the harm they should I guess). Overall I'm still on the fence about this series, unsure whether it's bad or okay. Roundhouse kicking the shark was definitely the high point so far.

...For a second there, I thought the model designation for Kanade's engine was LMAO.  o.O;

Ehh boobieschan is pretty useless haha and too tsun tsun

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics