Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.73 - 94votes)

Tsubasa to Hotaru

Alt Names: alt つばさとホタルalt 翼与萤火虫alt Kanatlar ve Ateş Böceklerialt Sommer der Glühwürmchenalt Wings and Fireflies
Author: Haruta Nana
Artist: Haruta Nana
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Sonokawa Tsubasa - 15 years old.
A bubbly, energetic girl who's called 'stalker' by a lot of her classmates because she chases after the guy she wants relentlessly. After getting rejected by an upperclassman who saved her at the train station, she decides to help her childhood friend, Yuri, with her job as the basketball club's manager. There, she meets quiet, unobtrusive Akkey...
Go to Tsubasa to Hotaru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Tsubasa to Hotaru OVA New Window Kasuya
  • 6 Replies

112 Comments

Spoiler

LMAO! His face! XD

So cute, so fuzzy~

Spoiler

The makings of a Serial killer.

Akkeyyyyy meglio tardi che mai!!!! <3

Dopo aver letto l'ultimo capitolo, ho capito che adesso sarà guerra! XD
Manga davvero molto carino!! Leggendo un po' i commenti mi trovo d'accordo con i più che pensano che il personaggio di toba-kun sia il migliore!! Akkei è un bravo ragazzo, ma toba rispecchia più il mio gusto, ci vorrebbe proprio un colpo di scena,ma almeno x ora non mi sembra possibile... E forse akkei è anke più adatto per la protagonista... Staremo a vedere... :)

LMAO. Akkey almost made a Yandere out of Sonokawa. XD

Veeeeramente carino!! Eh si mettiamoci un commentino pure in italiano...! ^___^

aaaaaaaaaaaa, aspetto con ansiaaaa

That seems a bit strong.  Toba is a fairly well-drawn example of a common shoujo romantic foil type:  The handsome apparently lighthearted player guy who isn't as shallow as he pretends he is, and who is forced to allow in the genuine feelings he fears when the heroine comes along being all sincere and stuff.  These types pretty much never get the lead girl, but they make a good triangle, gain some sympathy from the readers, and show the transformative power of shoujo heroine's unselfish, sincere goodness.

Getting specific, I don't see a completely self-centred guy depicted here at all.  Doesn't seem like there's any doubt he cares for her, and I don't remember anything to suggest his motivation is to one-up Akkey.  Maybe I'm missing something but I'd want to be pointed to something specific.  That he thinks tactically about how to get her does not to me suggest anything about why he wants her.  Just says he's a tactical thinker.

The only reason he wants to one-up Akkey is only because Akkey is an idiot.

Let's be honest, I would frustrated if my friend like the same girl I like and he hurts her, he doesn't admit his feelings. I would feel he doesn't deserve her because he's not facing his feelings and he made plenty of mistakes where he hurt her. I do like Akkey but ignorance or indifference can hurt as intentional abuse or harm, that's why I find it hard to forgive him and find Toba more appealing.

I am rooting for Toba for his sincerity, where he clearly shows his feelings and isn't a coward who hurts others by keeping distance. It's true that we do sometimes distances ourselves but I admire courageous characters.

Spoiler

OMSKDSDKFSKJFS 

QUEDÓ EN LO MEJOR!!! T_T AKI MALENTENDERÁ TODO!!!

iihh impaciente por leer el próximo!!!

gracias por subir los caps n_n su trabajo es genial!

I swear, it's like there is something preventing Akkey from enacting his desires. I can tell he likes Sonokawa which is heavily implied at this point, but I'm not sure if he just can't choose between her and basketball or there is some trauma that he's experienced in the past that prevents from returning her feelings. He's less obvious compared to Toba; he's just so secretive that it's killing me.

And if there isn't, then he's just an indecisive guy and he needs to choose whether to play with balls or Sonokawa. He can do both if he really likes both. He needs to get his shit together.

I don't think that's fair, It's clear as day that he likes her too but it doesn't change the fact that he has a passion for basketball as he seens to be the most dedicated among the others, just because he has a dream must he give up to be with the girl? If she doesnt understand this then she's the unfair one(though I'm almost certain she'd cheer for him no matter what), though I do agree he needs to decide what to do or at least tell Sonowaka how he trully feels

I read both the English and Spanish version so first I am gonna comment on the English version. Don't worry I won't give any spoilers.

*English comment*
I like Sonokawa and Akkey moments. They are so cute! Though I can see Toba is kinda getting involve with their relationship and I am also seeing new sides of Toba and I am become attracted to him a little bit more (still like Akkey more though).

*Spanish comment* ( no soy muy buena con mi español)
Este capítulo me gustó mucho! El confeso de Toba pudo se más mejor pero no fue tan mal. Toba no me caí mal pero se ve que el estuvo forzándola que escoja a el. Yo puedo entender a Sonokawa como razonara. Después de todo yo todavía estoy con cipo Akkey XD El se ve más mejor con Sonokawa en mi opinión.

I swear, it's like there is something preventing Akkey from enacting his desires. I can tell he likes Sonokawa which is heavily implied at this point, but I'm not sure if he just can't choose between her and basketball or there is some trauma that he's experienced in the past that prevents him from returning her feelings. He's less obvious compared to Toba; he's just so secretive that it's killing me.

And if it turns out there isn't a reason at all then he's just an indecisive guy, and he needs to choose whether to play with balls or Sonokawa. He can do both if he really likes both. He needs to get his shit together.

OMG, aun y con su doble personalidad me encanta como sutilmente Toba siempre esta velando por Tsubasa. Aki es muy lento... <3

Isn't manipulative? Your reading comprehension needs work. He doesn't give a damn about anyone but Toba. He only wants to beat Akkey, and sees Tsubasa as an easy target. He has no idea how it feels to "like" someone, the way she does.

That seems a bit strong.  Toba is a fairly well-drawn example of a common shoujo romantic foil type:  The handsome apparently lighthearted player guy who isn't as shallow as he pretends he is, and who is forced to allow in the genuine feelings he fears when the heroine comes along being all sincere and stuff.  These types pretty much never get the lead girl, but they make a good triangle, gain some sympathy from the readers, and show the transformative power of shoujo heroine's unselfish, sincere goodness.

Getting specific, I don't see a completely self-centred guy depicted here at all.  Doesn't seem like there's any doubt he cares for her, and I don't remember anything to suggest his motivation is to one-up Akkey.  Maybe I'm missing something but I'd want to be pointed to something specific.  That he thinks tactically about how to get her does not to me suggest anything about why he wants her.  Just says he's a tactical thinker.

Ahh man, Toba's such an awesome guy. I agree with the comments here, that he's better written and more fleshed out than Akkey. I like how despite being the "rival", he isn't some manipulative douche nor is he just another hopelessly "nice guy".

Gonna be a sad time when he gets rejected

Isn't manipulative? Your reading comprehension needs work. He doesn't give a damn about anyone but Toba. He only wants to beat Akkey, and sees Tsubasa as an easy target. He has no idea how it feels to "like" someone, the way she does.

Akkey likes her, but not as much as basketball. He's not a complex character, he has no hidden agendas. He wants to play basketball to the best of his ability, and everything else takes a back seat to that. Tsubasa knows this, Toba knows it too, and is using Akkey's reluctance to hurt Tsubasa to get him to reject her when that's the last thing Tsubasa, or Akkey, want.

How in hell is that not manipulative? Tsubasa was right in her speech when she said he has sadistic tendencies.

A complex character is not the same as a good character, or well-written. Akkey is well-written, a good guy, and not that complex. He has yet to discover some things about himself. Toba has yet to learn that he can't always make himself the winner.
I do NOT like Toba for her. He still gives me rape vibes.

Ahh man, Toba's such an awesome guy. I agree with the comments here, that he's better written and more fleshed out than Akkey. I like how despite being the "rival", he isn't some manipulative douche nor is he just another hopelessly "nice guy".

Gonna be a sad time when he gets rejected

I think Toba is a better-written character than Akkey is. Hopefully that's not just the author setting him up for a fall :/

Just my two cents on the manga so far:

Spoiler

I don't mind Sonokawa ending up with either Toba or Akkey but at this point, I'm leaning towards Toba right now. Mainly because I just generally really like their interaction together so far in the manga.

I quite like Toba because he is going for the offense(eventhough I usually hate that) and since Akkey havent made clear decision of his feelings, I think Toba looks cute with Sonokawa. I cant decide between Akkey and Toba >< but for now Toba is climbing my list. Also, that cover of them together under umbrella might make people think theyre the main character hahaha

what was the original? you left me intrigued!!!

Haha, This is certainly far better than the original one.

Found this when I was checking the other hosting sites.

I'm Sonokawa Tsubasa - 15 years old.
Right after starting high school, I fell in love with a senpai who saved me when I was anemic at the train station. <3 I thought it was a destined encounter, but after running into him every day I was rejected with one word: "annoying." (Cries) While being comforted by my childhood friend, Yuri-chan, who's the manager of the boys basketball team, I found out that Yuri-chan had injured her hand! So now I'm helping with her job as the club manager!?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics