Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 82votes)

Shirogane no Nina

Alt Names: alt 銀のニーナalt Silver Ninaalt Серебряная Нина
Author: Itokatsu
Artist: Itokatsu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shutaro is an unemployed single man who recently returned home from Tokyo. When he opens the door upon his return, he finds a silver-haired girl flapping her skirt in front of a fan. The girl is Nina, his niece, who aspires to be an Akiba Idol.

With Nina, Shutaro will have an unforgettable summer break and beyond...
Go to Shirogane no Nina Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest chapter discussion New Window Lvxi
  • 2 Replies

150 Comments

Nina: Childhood friends marry in the end

Shutaro: That kind of thing only happens in manga

Me: You're in a manga xD

I: And you're only on the web xD

That's just artistic license - changing something utterly trivial like appearance doesn't constitute a research failure. That said, if the author saw the need to explain her appearance, I agree that handwaving it by stating her dad is Finnish is insufficient.

Biology!

Spoiler

It's like manga authors have never attended a biology class or seen actual mixed-race kids of parents of different ethnicities. How does a black-haired, brown-eyed person give birth to a blue-eyed, silver-haired girl like Nina? The genes for Nina's coloring are all recessive (silver not even existing as a natural hair color) and it'd be most likely that she'd have brown hair and brown eyes.

Expect chapter 1v3 soon, and chapter 3 within a week.

Nobody seems to have noticed that the explanation for Natto is wrong. It's not a soup but a dish made from fermented soy beans...

That explanation is for miso soup.

For Natto, i forgot to remove the asterik from it... Haha

Is it just me or does the art look a bit similar to Otaku no Musume

Agreed. I thought it was by the same mangaka when I got to page 34 in chapter 1. Male MC's look the same!!

Both series ran/run in magazines owned by Shusuisha so I wonder if the assistant staff from Otaku no Musume-san were put to work for Shirogane no Nina.

Is it just me or does the art look a bit similar to Otaku no Musume

Nina: Childhood friends marry in the end

Shutaro: That kind of thing only happens in manga

Me: You're in a manga xD

Perhaps the person in charge of natto research at Norway Scans got mysteriously sick to the stomach.

Nobody seems to have noticed that the explanation for Natto is wrong. It's not a soup but a dish made from fermented soy beans...

You're talking about page 26? That explanation was for miso soup. Both that and natto have a asterisk next to them but natto didn't get a explanation for some reason.

i like the law of childhood friends.

I'll ship the childhood friends.

Expect chapter 2 soon.

2co3k1t.jpg

Spoiler

If there's a group willing to scanlate it in another language, contact me to get PSD files.

2. why is this a seinen ?

Because the only classification factor (the real one in japan, that is) is the magazine in which the series is published.

Shirogane no Nina is published in Manga Action, which is not just a seinen mag but usually considered the first true seinen mag.

That makes Shirogane no Nina a seinen.

1.I'll give it a meh

2. why is this a seinen ? , i expect naruto to jump from a bush and say " you can do it  "

Pedobear seal of approval.

2co3k1t.jpg

"Like rice and Miso soup. Can you eat that?"

Of course she can't! After all she's only half Japanese and everybody knows that Japanese food is so superior that only 100% pure Japanese humans can eat that. Everybody else just dies in agonizing pain.

Especially when eating rice.

Pedobear seal of approval.

NIce manga. Thanks a lot, Norway Scans.

But why i'm suddenly remembering about Uncle Anon...

That was pretty cute tbh. Nina is adorable and is mature for her age:

Spoiler

Thanks for the release!

Seems like the description was wrong lol

.....Either this is missing the gender bender tag, or someone made a big mistake in the description.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics