Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 1341votes)

Ballroom e Youkoso

Alt Names: alt ボールルームへようこそalt Bienvenidos al Salón de Bailealt Bienvenue au balalt 볼룸에 오신것을 환영합니다alt 舞动青春alt Selamat Datang di Lantai Dansaalt Sweep over the Dance Hallalt Welcome to the Ballroomalt Добро пожаловать на паркет
Author: Takeuchi Tomo
Artist: Takeuchi Tomo
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: An ordinary middle school student, Fujita Tatara couldn't find any objective in life and spent his days idly.
One day, a group of delinquents picks a fight with him and he is saved by a mysterious man. After that, the man surprisingly takes him to a ballroom dancing class!
While being inspired by a girl dancer who goes to that school, Hanaoka Shizuku, and her partner, a genius dancer, Hyoudou Kiyoharu, Tatara starts dedicating his youth to dancesport.

2nd place in the 2013 Manga Taisho Awards and 6th at the Taisho Awards 2015.
Go to Ballroom e Youkoso Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic why is chinatsu best girl?? New Window Knight K
  • 17 Replies
Topic Ballroom E Youkoso Anime Episodes Discussion New Window RWBY
  • 10 Replies
Topic News on the Author's Health? Hiatus Status? New Window theroadstopshere
  • 20 Replies
Topic The future of Ballroom E Youkoso New Window ElBichoRaro
  • 3 Replies
Topic Ballroom E Youkoso anime green-lit New Window ElBichoRaro
  • 9 Replies

1007 Comments

Anime has passed the translated chapters

yes it is. so if anyone wondering what will happen next at manga, the anime answered that. but it feels kinda off since you know the story for the first time on anime, not the manga like the usual :'')

Anime has passed the translated chapters

This is just a theory, but i think two new character going to show up in the future.

When you think about it, all of the characters represent an element(no, not like in battle manga, but instead what their characters are).

Shizuku and Kiyoharu are both refined, can goes with the flow, represent the water, that is why good match up.

Chinatsu and Gaju, both like to dance energetic like a fire, and i think they are going to be paired up in the future, especialy for Chinatsus sake, she have to grow as a dancer.

Mako-chan is earth, not energetic, more like calm and show beauty in her dance.

Tatara, his style goes where the others go, like a wind.

This is why i think a male character like Mako-chan(Gaju and Mako not realy fit for each other, this is stated already) and a female version similar to Tatara going to show up.(maybe?) :)

Does this mean that Tatara's the Avatar? ;)

EDIT: Now I need to draw them... ARGH!

EDIT 2: Done with "The Last Airdancer

This is just a theory, but i think two new character going to show up in the future.

When you think about it, all of the characters represent an element(no, not like in battle manga, but instead what their characters are).

Shizuku and Kiyoharu are both refined, can goes with the flow, represent the water, that is why good match up.

Chinatsu and Gaju, both like to dance energetic like a fire, and i think they are going to be paired up in the future, especialy for Chinatsus sake, she have to grow as a dancer.

Mako-chan is earth, not energetic, more like calm and show beauty in her dance.

Tatara, his style goes where the others go, like a wind.

This is why i think a male character like Mako-chan(Gaju and Mako not realy fit for each other, this is stated already) and a female version similar to Tatara going to show up.(maybe?) :)

Ballroomers, I have some bad news. Takeuchi-sensei's going on hiatus for the next two issues.

feelsbadman :/

Ballroomers, I have some bad news. Takeuchi-sensei's going on hiatus for the next two issues.

Hope we get off Namek soon.

>5 minutes

Hope we get off Namek soon.

I love how the mangaka is contrasting Tatara & Kugimiya in all those chapters. In this, you can see that Tatara loves to be watched when he's dancing while Kugimiya feels pretty bad when he's aware of that, that he's being watched.

Will Sengoku's advice pull Tatara to victory?

Will another hiatus happen to our beloved author-san?

Could Chii-Chan win the Tatara-bowl?

Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.

did you mean Dragon Ballroom Z?

Sengoku-san, you sly devil.

Chinatsu = The most beautiful and Za Warudo.

The manga still has so much potential and stuff to cover. Please don't die.

Dang, Tatarita (Tatara + the Spanish diminutive suffix ita, FTR) looked MANLY at times. But I still want to pinch his cheeks at times.

Kugimiya, though... He's just... Ugh.

Will Sengoku's advice pull Tatara to victory?

Will another hiatus happen to our beloved author-san?

Could Chii-Chan win the Tatara-bowl?

Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.

Where can i read this manga raw? I know there must be more chapters out in Japan.

Sorry boy, we are up to date. Join us in our sorrow haha

Chinatsu best grill.

Where can i read this manga raw? I know there must be more chapters out in Japan.

Sengoku: You see, Tatara is an exhibitionist 

i ship it so fucking hard. Glasses girl can take a backseat to this OTP

Yeah, Chinatsu is great and glasses girl shows up so little at this point I can't even remember her name

I want HanaokaxTatara!

Chinatsu route confirmed?  Or are my shipping goggles on far too tight?  

Chinatsu is besto girl

i ship it so fucking hard. Glasses girl can take a backseat to this OTP

So excited to go back and watch anime, I wasn't sure how much the anime would cover XD!! One of my favorite manga!!!

Considering the art director died for the anime i really don't mind making sure author is healthy (and I bet she is allowed to take as much sick leave as she can because of said incident.)

Definitely better than dying or making their condition worsen. Plus I don't think rushing out an unsatisfactory story or piece of work would be any good for her health.

I admire her and authors like her when they do release things despite chronic or long term illnesses, especially since it's often hard enough to maintain a regular manga even if you're a healthy person.

The regular crunch time deadlines and spending a huge amount of time sitting or inside isn't exactly easy on the body. As an ex art student, fatigue and sleep issues were often involved with that, I can't imagine how intense it would be to do it on a regular large scale.

The author of Noragami is on hiatus for similar reasons as ballroom's and the author of Gangsta also has a really really bad health condition. If they can have allowances for their release schedules and do have good months and healthy schedules that allow them to cope with and manage their conditions that's much better.

Maybe some of that will bleed into the habits of healthy authors so that conditions get better for them. I'm still hoping something similar will happen for the animation scene in Japan as well.

Chinatsu is besto girl

No. NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Chinatsu is besto girl

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics