Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.54 - 125votes)

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Tsuioku Hen

Alt Names: alt 魔法科高校の劣等生 - 追憶編alt Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Recollection Arcalt Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Reminiscence
Author: Satou Tsutomu
Artist: Ikawa Waki
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "Three years ago, he had the same posture.
Three years ago, he had stood behind Miyuki.
Yes.... Compared to three years ago, it had changed."

Set three years prior to the present time, Tsuioku Hen tells the events that would change Miyuki's world drastically, as well as the events that led Tatsuya to become what he is now.

Prequel:
>Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Yokohama Souranhen
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei-yokohama-souranhen-r10198 )

Sequel:
>Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Raihousha Hen
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei-raihousha-hen-r17695 )
Go to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Tsuioku Hen Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

211 Comments

Interesting.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Also damn this chapter feels pretty depressing after reading vol 16 :(

Well... the "official" reasons stated (for Tatsuya's Mental Interference surgery + relation to Miyuki) isn't really true. The "truth" was recently revealed about a volume or two ago in the LN.

Spoiler

Interesting.

Spoiler

I kind of feel sorry for the mother now because of this chapter.

In a way, upholding the reputation of the family forces her to experiment on her own son. A huge part of her being a mother probably died inside while she's doing the experiment.

She probably feels all kinds of emotions just by looking at Tatsuya, like guilt from experimenting on him, shame because she fails as a mother, hate from having a defective son, pity for seeing him in a sorry state, and probably love as she just wants to shower him with affections like all mothers do to their children but can't.

I'm just surprised Tatsuya didn't become a Serial Killer.

Well... the "official" reasons stated (for Tatsuya's Mental Interference surgery + relation to Miyuki) isn't really true. The "truth" was recently revealed about a volume or two ago in the LN.

Spoiler

Well, there is a REASON that they consider him a failure...

Spoiler

Spoiler

I thought Tatsuya had a high psion count they talked about it in the novel somewhere.

well, his point is kinda correct: Tatsuya's entire clan treats him as failure and yet he is UNSTOPABLE killing machine. That's not very realistic.

To be honest, I really enjoyed MKnR and I kinda hoped that MKnR/TH would show us Tatsuya before he became unstopable overpowered monster, but sadly thats not the case. Even though Tatsuya is much younger, he is still OP as fuck...  (everything is solved by him too easily, no tension is so boring)

Spoiler

i think you should stop commenting on people's work. you should just appriciate it. if u want why dont u just give a suggestion. not giving ur onesided comment, that is aint nice to be seen

well, his point is kinda correct: Tatsuya's entire clan treats him as failure and yet he is UNSTOPABLE killing machine. That's not very realistic.

To be honest, I really enjoyed MKnR and I kinda hoped that MKnR/TH would show us Tatsuya before he became unstopable overpowered monster, but sadly thats not the case. Even though Tatsuya is much younger, he is still OP as fuck...  (everything is solved by him too easily, no tension is so boring)

You talk like there aren't more stories out there that develop like this, for example, Full Metal Panic, Kyoukaisen or Full Metal Alchemist. And I'm quite right with your post, but what it ruins this story for me it's precisely it hasn't anything but situations solved because the mc is omnipotent and that's all. At least Sousuke had to struggle really hard and evolved, Toori is a fun character and also has his hard parts, Tatsuya just does everything well, and that's all.

I admit I came to read the manga after watching the anime, which was boring for me, so it's true I'm biased but it's essentaly the same story, I don't know how things are in the LN, but the 3 parts of the anime were dealt the same way. I liked the terrorist part but the other 2 just copied the first and it really didn't happen anything with the characters. Maybe Mikihiko was somehow developed, but not so much. I expected some develop at least on Miyuki side, but she didn't do anything but being cute and love oni-sama to death.

It's not like I hate this story, like I said, it has interesting sides and you pointed them. But after watching the anime and reading the mangas I found it dissapointing on how it is dealt.This part wasn't in the anime and is the one I have enjoyed the most, there is a character progression apart of a story being told.

I think you need to broad your readings in general if you think of this story as an "adult" one.

i think you should stop commenting on people's work. you should just appriciate it. if u want why dont u just give a suggestion. not giving ur onesided comment, that is aint nice to be seen

That's just your own subjective opinion, and do I detect a little bit of a jaded stance against this type of storytelling format perhaps? I won't explain what the person you quoted, quoted me on, because if you don't get what I meant by it back then, then it's more than likely you wouldn't agree even if I explained it deeper.

Spoiler

You talk like there aren't more stories out there that develop like this, for example, Full Metal Panic, Kyoukaisen or Full Metal Alchemist. And I'm quite right with your post, but what it ruins this story for me it's precisely it hasn't anything but situations solved because the mc is omnipotent and that's all. At least Sousuke had to struggle really hard and evolved, Toori is a fun character and also has his hard parts, Tatsuya just does everything well, and that's all.

I admit I came to read the manga after watching the anime, which was boring for me, so it's true I'm biased but it's essentaly the same story, I don't know how things are in the LN, but the 3 parts of the anime were dealt the same way. I liked the terrorist part but the other 2 just copied the first and it really didn't happen anything with the characters. Maybe Mikihiko was somehow developed, but not so much. I expected some develop at least on Miyuki side, but she didn't do anything but being cute and love oni-sama to death.

It's not like I hate this story, like I said, it has interesting sides and you pointed them. But after watching the anime and reading the mangas I found it dissapointing on how it is dealt.This part wasn't in the anime and is the one I have enjoyed the most, there is a character progression apart of a story being told.

I think you just need to move on from reading childrens story to appreciate this.

I think you need to broad your readings in general if you think of this story as an "adult" one.

This. I have read the other related mangas and watched the anime and I found it really boring.

I don't usually rant on mangas I don't like, but the premise on this was interesting and it was wasted on a mc who can pull out everything. At least in mangas with weak mcs there is a developement, here it's just situation after situation with the same result in almost the same order. He doesn't even have the charisma other op mcs like Keima or Sora and Shiro. I frankly don't find anything appealing on this franchise beside this story, wich is the only one which has real progression. Even Bleach in its weakest parts is more interesting.

I think you just need to move on from reading childrens story to appreciate this.

Spoiler

Totally agreed, and I wish I could like this post a million times more :)

So close to finding out the details that explains why he's like that! Dunno if it's in the LN, there was just too much for me to sift through to find anything related to the past, so I quickly gave up on that endeavour.

well, there is a volume called the Reminisce Chapter. It splits up each chapeter starting with the events that happen after the anime ended and this exact story told with the sister as the narrator. In other words, one chapter is current then the next chapter is a flashback. This keeps up the entire volume until the last chapter witch is a story about why their aunt is the way she is and the reason their family do the things they do. The volume has been pulled from baka tsuki so good luck finding it.

This. I have read the other related mangas and watched the anime and I found it really boring.

I don't usually rant on mangas I don't like, but the premise on this was interesting and it was wasted on a mc who can pull out everything. At least in mangas with weak mcs there is a developement, here it's just situation after situation with the same result in almost the same order. He doesn't even have the charisma other op mcs like Keima or Sora and Shiro. I frankly don't find anything appealing on this franchise beside this story, wich is the only one which has real progression. Even Bleach in its weakest parts is more interesting.

That's just your own subjective opinion, and do I detect a little bit of a jaded stance against this type of storytelling format perhaps? I won't explain what the person you quoted, quoted me on, because if you don't get what I meant by it back then, then it's more than likely you wouldn't agree even if I explained it deeper.

Spoiler

I don't think the problem lies in the plot armor itself, but in how said plot armor is implemented. Many MCs have plot armor, but it's generally implemented through pure luck, good story planning or various outside help/divine interventions. I don't think anyone ever complained because Harry Potter or Luke Skywalker had a plot armor.

The things is that, here, the "plot armor" is actually written in the story and acknowledged by the relevant characters.

It's kind of sad from a reader point of view to use that method, since there is either: a) no sense of danger for the mc, or B) the danger will always make use of the same known weaknesses or a convenient ass-pull.

Why are you keeping posting raws? 

Hey, I don't blame them.  Because of that, it let a Japanese speaker like myself find the raws to continue reading for easy access.  So, my thanks, Kavin!  

So close to finding out the details that explains why he's like that! Dunno if it's in the LN, there was just too much for me to sift through to find anything related to the past, so I quickly gave up on that endeavour.

I still ship Prez and Tatsuya doe, despite Tatsuya's inability to love. Q-Q

Yes, Prez and Tatsuya!

I still ship Prez and Tatsuya doe, despite Tatsuya's inability to love. Q-Q

Page 2-tatsuya suddenly gets old. Page 3-he goes back to being young again. I'm not saying the art is bad, but the consistency could be better. Not to mention that Tatsuya should still look a lot younger than he does.

And someone tell the artist to stop with the naked 10 year old girl. Seriously, child Miyuki had an entire page with all panels of her naked(again) while describing how his magic worked. The sexy older lady with a hot bod got one tiny panel. It's a conspiracy to awaken everyone as lolicons and I refuse to fall victim to it!

Also, am I the only one who thinks that the 'thigh gap' between their legs is way too big? It looks jarringly unnatural.

who said that?

in entire anime and manga Tatsuya never suffered any brain damage so we definitely dont know that kind of info. And by logic I think any serious brain damage should do trick.

The Light Novel if a portion of his Magic calculation area remains then it can fix itself. 

a normal Headshot wouldn't work. It requires complete annihilation of his brain so you would need a high powered gun and an appropriate bullet.

who said that?

in entire anime and manga Tatsuya never suffered any brain damage so we definitely dont know that kind of info. And by logic I think any serious brain damage should do trick.

Headshot him = Profit

a normal Headshot wouldn't work. It requires complete annihilation of his brain so you would need a high powered gun and an appropriate bullet.

I don't think the problem lies in the plot armor itself, but in how said plot armor is implemented. Many MCs have plot armor, but it's generally implemented through pure luck, good story planning or various outside help/divine interventions. I don't think anyone ever complained because Harry Potter or Luke Skywalker had a plot armor.

The things is that, here, the "plot armor" is actually written in the story and acknowledged by the relevant characters.

It's kind of sad from a reader point of view to use that method, since there is either: a) no sense of danger for the mc, or B) the danger will always make use of the same known weaknesses or a convenient ass-pull.

Headshot him = Profit

Nuclear strike on him = Profit

Miyuki tells him to die = Profit

I admit not many ways to kill Op-tsuya

Cute Miyuki is super cute.

And chapter 11 is bound to be good since its title is "Onii-sama"

The walls and roof of the 'underground shelter' is supposed to be gone!

~just ranting

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics