Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 80votes)

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Kyuukousen-hen

Alt Names: alt A Magic Senior High School's Low-Ranked Student: The Details of the Nine Schools' Matchesalt A Poorly Performing Student of a Magic High School: Nine Schools' Competition Compilationalt 魔法科高校の劣等生 九校戦編alt 魔法科高校的劣等生:九校戰篇alt Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Kyuukousen-henalt Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Nine Schools Competitionalt The Irregular at a Magic High School: A Record of the Nine Schools' Competitionalt The Irregular of a Magic High School: The Story of the Nine Schools' Tournamentalt The Poor Performing Student of a Magic High School: The Volume of the Nine Schools' Battle
Author: Satou Tsutomu
Artist: Kitaumi Tsuna
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "One such setting is the "Nine Schools Battles", officially called The National Magic High School Good Will Magic Competition. Every year, the best Magic High School students gather together, unfolding a story of frustration and glory by putting their young pride on the line."

Prequel:
> Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei-r3290 )

Sequel:
>Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Yokohama Souranhen
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei-yokohama-souranhen-r10198 )

============Notice================
Unfortunatly the comic (or parts of it) was scanlated by groups that don't allow rehosting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
==========Notice End==============
Go to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Kyuukousen-hen Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Stress test for Tatsuya- Is he a Mary Sue? New Window kosmaj
  • 14 Replies

178 Comments

I agree that some of characterization is missing and that'll pretty much happen in any adapation (theres only so much you can fit in a limited number of episodes) but, I think this anime for the most part sticks to plot at least (doesn't skip story arcs like many adapations).  Maybe seeing countless LN's being butchered by anime counterparts (Hitsugi no Chaika) has lowered my expectations so I'm content when things are decent and not perfectly how I envision them. 

Unfortunately that's the major flaw of LN-to-anime conversions, something always has to be left out in the transference of mediums. In this case, they opted to gut some of the character development for the sake of pacing and story progressions. And also unfortunately it had to happen to one of the best girls. But, I'd still say it's holding up pretty well to the source, definitely more so than Chaika, and various others (Accel World/Shakugan no Shana Final, anyone?).

While I agree with some of that, a lot of the characterization is either missing completely or horribly butchered.  Mayumi seems to have caught the worst of it in the first half of the anime so far. 

Still, Mahouka being animated at all is better than none at all.

I agree that some of characterization is missing and that'll pretty much happen in any adapation (theres only so much you can fit in a limited number of episodes) but, I think this anime for the most part sticks to plot at least (doesn't skip story arcs like many adapations).  Maybe seeing countless LN's being butchered by anime counterparts (Hitsugi no Chaika) has lowered my expectations so I'm content when things are decent and not perfectly how I envision them. 

I enjoy this but nothing else comes to mind that I've so often rolled my eyes while reading

If someone want to translate from french, they translated the chapters 5&6.

http://www.scan-manga.com/1995/Mahouka-Koukou-no-Rettousei-Kyuukousen-Hen.html

I enjoy this but nothing else comes to mind that I've so often rolled my eyes while reading

Volume 1 HD Cover
Spoiler

gotta say the mahouka anime is one of the best adapted series from an LN that I've seen in awhile.  The animation is good, the music fits and, they didn't butcher the original plot.  Not much more you could ask for from an adaptation.

While I agree with some of that, a lot of the characterization is either missing completely or horribly butchered.  Mayumi seems to have caught the worst of it in the first half of the anime so far. 

Still, Mahouka being animated at all is better than none at all.

gotta say the mahouka anime is one of the best adapted series from an LN that I've seen in awhile.  The animation is good, the music fits and, they didn't butcher the original plot.  Not much more you could ask for from an adaptation.

And/or read the LNs, plenty of source material there xD I heard the anime will go through the yokohoma arc.

Yeah it will, i just hope that after that arc someone will continue to translate this manga and hopefully the manga will continue after this arc

You should

And/or read the LNs, plenty of source material there xD I heard the anime will go through the yokohoma arc.

Just watch the anime then.

You should

I highly doubt that will see a new chapter until the anime finishes since the anime already caught up with the translated chapters,

Just watch the anime then.

Not for some time. Have no idea if MS has realistic plans to release more chapters.

I highly doubt that will see a new chapter until the anime finishes since the anime already caught up with the translated chapters,

Oohh♪Where is chapter 5♪Still waiting for it♪

Not for some time. Have no idea if MS has realistic plans to release more chapters.

linking to mangafox and claiming they are "raws" ??? what do they claim to be raw, all the manga/Manhwa in mangafox?

he isn't even saying something clear, raws are scanlated and non-manipulated images from any comic , if it's in chinese, english or japanese it doesn't matter.

Why do Chinese people always refer to Chinese translations as "raws"? It's not a raw unless it's the original Japanese (or it's a manhua and not a manga to begin with, like Choukakou).

This is the same as Portuguese people linking to mangafox and claiming they are "raws".

linking to mangafox and claiming they are "raws" ??? what do they claim to be raw, all the manga/Manhwa in mangafox?

where is chapter 1?

You can find chapter 1 on mangastream's site, along with chapter 2.

Please like this post!!!!

9-schools raw:

http://99mh.com/comic/20975/

tsud just turned dere:

http://99mh.com/comic/22863/

P/S: damn, i'm such an attention who*e.

Why do Chinese people always refer to Chinese translations as "raws"? It's not a raw unless it's the original Japanese (or it's a manhua and not a manga to begin with, like Choukakou).

This is the same as Portuguese people linking to mangafox and claiming they are "raws".

Oohh♪Where is chapter 5♪Still waiting for it♪

Someone please explain the romance tag... <(?.?)>

Because Miyuki loves her onii-sama.

Someone please explain the romance tag... <(?.?)>

Please like this post!!!!

9-schools raw:
http://99mh.com/comic/20975/
tsud just turned dere:
http://99mh.com/comic/22863/

P/S: damn, i'm such an attention who*e.

P/S2:"Raw", as in "raw material", as in something that's not yet processed to be use-able.
If I refer to the original japanese material, I would call it as "9-school original".

For me, annything that is not translate into English is "raw", because I don't undersand it. And can't enjoy it to the fullest.
Do Brishtish, Americans and Canadians call the original "Harry Potter" books raw? No because they understand it.

Stop nitpicking when you don't even do it right.

when will the next chapter come out?!

Volume 1 cover:

Spoiler

LN Spoilers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Better get ready for upcoming anime this season.

There's way too many anime out of my strike zone this season so I'm looking forward to this.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics