Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 80votes)

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Kyuukousen-hen

Alt Names: alt A Magic Senior High School's Low-Ranked Student: The Details of the Nine Schools' Matchesalt A Poorly Performing Student of a Magic High School: Nine Schools' Competition Compilationalt 魔法科高校の劣等生 九校戦編alt 魔法科高校的劣等生:九校戰篇alt Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Kyuukousen-henalt Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Nine Schools Competitionalt The Irregular at a Magic High School: A Record of the Nine Schools' Competitionalt The Irregular of a Magic High School: The Story of the Nine Schools' Tournamentalt The Poor Performing Student of a Magic High School: The Volume of the Nine Schools' Battle
Author: Satou Tsutomu
Artist: Kitaumi Tsuna
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "One such setting is the "Nine Schools Battles", officially called The National Magic High School Good Will Magic Competition. Every year, the best Magic High School students gather together, unfolding a story of frustration and glory by putting their young pride on the line."

Prequel:
> Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei-r3290 )

Sequel:
>Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Yokohama Souranhen
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei-yokohama-souranhen-r10198 )

============Notice================
Unfortunatly the comic (or parts of it) was scanlated by groups that don't allow rehosting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
==========Notice End==============
Go to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Kyuukousen-hen Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Stress test for Tatsuya- Is he a Mary Sue? New Window kosmaj
  • 14 Replies

178 Comments

This still continous? I was hoping it will get forgotten and people will start to do something creative in their lives, well from time to time everybody will stuck in shit... And to think that after reading first 3 chapters of LN i thought it was interesting... Oh my goodness my dark past and mistakes will hunt me forever...

Well it will be interesting when

(warning MASSIVE SPOILERS from LN  vol.132)

he will finally kill god-Emperor and Horus (in 0,0000000000012 seconds) by simply farting and will start to kill chaos gods by destroying whole galaxies with his TAURUS_OMG_SILVER Cellphone while some thousands of girls will hang on his space d:ck in outer space (yeah his mega- ultra- super pole has some unlimited range) falling in love for psychopath but still despise of that trillions of aliens and humans alike will still think of him as garbage, shit, totally medicore guy, with no strategic value, (any intelligent empire will ignore guy who can destroy whole galaxy bah!) and greatest minds will still try to understand how such as ameba guy like tatsuya could solve impossible equation: 2+0 and create fucking WHEEL!

I'm more concerned about the LN translations at this point. Has any group picked it up after Baka-Tsuki dropped it, or are we stuck with having Yen Press issue DCMAs and not releasing any translated volumes until 2046?

I wouldn't have even bothered reading it if it weren't for Tatsuya. I'm actually liking this (new?) trend or OP protags. Sure beats the tired old weak-to-strong thing where we have to grind through a few hundred chapters of the the dude screaming "tsuyoku naritai" or "chikuso" a million times to himself in a girly voice. I can root for looser protags in non action seinen mangas (Minoru Furuya's manga protags are a good example) just fine though.

well, for many translator/scanlator that scare enough to that DM-whatever , they will drop it,  translation gonna stuck, and this novel will be forgotten by the flow of time

but the funny part is..Yen-whatever licensing some manga or LN, hoping to make profit, but instead of people buy it, they choose to forgot it and move on to another manga or LN, and they keep in that circle forever.

I wonder why those Yen-whatever, do stupid things like licensing, it just like a dog chase it own tail...or even more stupid than that...like some one that chase his/her own shadow

LOL

XD

it's human nature to resist...Yen-and DM_whatever try to force rules to some community with force like threat or sue or law, and ended up being hated and antagonized themself

They already try to shutdown scanlator once, and instead of more people buy their product, as an recognized (by their own definition) effort to support the Author., their customer didn't buy as often as before from them

XD

I'm more concerned about the LN translations at this point. Has any group picked it up after Baka-Tsuki dropped it, or are we stuck with having Yen Press issue DCMAs and not releasing any translated volumes until 2046?

No Idea but I would like to know this to as we will be waiting years for yen press to catch up as I have read all the way to novel 15 and the suspense is god damn killing me

Chapter 15 last page

Tatsuya face is so Sexy....

agree ?

hey...I'm not gay alright? I like Bosomi or Bakunyuu

Even though the artist who did the illustration of this manga is the same artist who did the illustration of the LN, I really love how the illustrations in the LN found their way to the manga.

MangaIchi Scanlations for anyone still looking.

Am i the only one that thinks that this story would be much more interesting without God-Onisama?

I wouldn't have even bothered reading it if it weren't for Tatsuya. I'm actually liking this (new?) trend or OP protags. Sure beats the tired old weak-to-strong thing where we have to grind through a few hundred chapters of the the dude screaming "tsuyoku naritai" or "chikuso" a million times to himself in a girly voice. I can root for looser protags in non action seinen mangas (Minoru Furuya's manga protags are a good example) just fine though.

did this manga still alive?? i mean who pick up this project?? and where i can read it??

Just looks on sites with less morals. mangareader or mangafox. That's what I do.

Am i the only one that thinks that this story would be much more interesting without God-Onisama?

At least Naruto was good at only ONE thing for 1/3 of the story, and two or three things for another third before turning into God.

He isnt even good in hiding his powers, since he gets discovered every time. 

The background story is interesting enough, but then he comes, flicks his fingers and everything is solved without much pathos. Spoiler from the anime follow

Spoiler

I hope a kryptonite of his will come in play really fast or it will grow old. 

As much as I love Naruto (the manga at least) please don't compare these two. They have almost nothing in common and this story is far superior in my opinion.

Honestly,he isn't the only one this strong you know?

There are at least 2 or 3 people on his level, at least I think so. I haven't read the LN in a long long time so I don't remember much, but I'm pretty sure there's quite a lot of strong people who could give him trouble and maybe some who can fight him 1 on 1.

And I honestly prefer him like this.

Why make weak character who are only strong enough to beat their current opponent if you could have one who is consistently strong through the entire story. 

Personally, I always disliked the stories where the protagonist can be super strong at one moment and then struggle against a weaker opponent next arc because the author decided to cut some of his powers because he was getting too strong.

Basically, no kryptonite for the the OP Nii-sama please. 

It'd ruin this entire series for me.

Superb skills for one to one direct combats

Superb skills for one to many direct combats

Superb healing / support skills in combat

Superb long distance homicide skills (solo)

Superb long distance homicide skills (group)

Superb assassination technique

Superb conversational skills

Superb technical and software engineering skills

Superb analyzing skills and inventor

Superb as an Onii-sama.

At least Naruto was good at only ONE thing for 1/3 of the story, and two or three things for another third before turning into God.

He isnt even good in hiding his powers, since he gets discovered every time. 

The background story is interesting enough, but then he comes, flicks his fingers and everything is solved without much pathos. Spoiler from the anime follow

Spoiler

I hope a kryptonite of his will come in play really fast or it will grow old. 

Who did the other chapters that they aren't allowed for rehosting? It's none of the groups I know...

Superb skills for one to one direct combats

Superb skills for one to many direct combats

Superb healing / support skills in combat

Superb long distance homicide skills (solo)

Superb long distance homicide skills (group)

Superb assassination technique

Superb conversational skills

Superb technical and software engineering skills

Superb analyzing skills and inventor

Superb as an Onii-sama.

yes, Grumpy had to remove it, but come grab it on our channel!

did this manga still alive?? i mean who pick up this project?? and where i can read it??

All I can say is that I really hate her.

at least I can't wait for more thanks to the LN. more mahouka is always awesome.

hoooray for the pickups

Awesome! Thanks for picking this up Secret Service Scans!

I'm glad a group decided to take over

XD finally, chapter 5 . Thanks so much.

need moarrr release!! thx for the great release tho

Good job getting this out, SSS!! Some of the sentences have some flaws, though.  Overall, nice job!

While I agree with some of that, a lot of the characterization is either missing completely or horribly butchered.  Mayumi seems to have caught the worst of it in the first half of the anime so far. 

Still, Mahouka being animated at all is better than none at all.

Yeah lots of character development and subtle funny incidents are cut out. Pacing for the second arc is worst than the first arc in the sense I feel they're just trying to rush through content, which means that they're desperately squeezing the 2nd and 3rd arc. Yokohama arc is fine with less development but not enough fancy action in this arc ugh -.-

It's only my opinion, but I think they've sacrificed the wrong parts.  The technical exposition could've been toned down extremely in favor of character development and nothing would've been lost.  They wouldn't even have to completely remove the jargon, just tone it down and devote more time to establishing the motivations of various characters. 

The character interaction(and the reasons for the interactions) are what make Mahouka shine, again my opinion.  Tatsuya comes off very flat in the anime because his inner monologue isn't explored past him interally spouting explanations for various magics or political machinations. 

I consider the side characters a pitiful sacrifice, but when the protagonist isn't well developed, I consider it a failure. 

The main character doesn't have strong emotions thus he will always come off as flat. If you inferred more emotion on him in the LN then you did so in error. He simply doesn't have much emotion and any emotion show in the manga and anime from him (except in concern of his sister) was him acting to fit in better. The anime captures his character quite well I must say. But as stated this series has a lot of technical that must be covered as they actually build upon themselves and have pay offs later on. Skimping on these weakens the series so they have to cover them. Losing character development on a few side characters who honestly aren't really major players until later archs is fine IMO.

It's only my opinion, but I think they've sacrificed the wrong parts.  The technical exposition could've been toned down extremely in favor of character development and nothing would've been lost.  They wouldn't even have to completely remove the jargon, just tone it down and devote more time to establishing the motivations of various characters. 

The character interaction(and the reasons for the interactions) are what make Mahouka shine, again my opinion.  Tatsuya comes off very flat in the anime because his inner monologue isn't explored past him interally spouting explanations for various magics or political machinations. 

I consider the side characters a pitiful sacrifice, but when the protagonist isn't well developed, I consider it a failure. 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics