Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 106votes)

Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator

Alt Names: alt A Certain Scientific Acceleratoralt とある科学の一方通行(アクセラレータ)
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Artist: Arata Yamaji
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMecha MechaMystery MysterySci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The worst and the strongest of the "Toaru" series' espers, Accelerator, is the hero at last, now appearing in a completely original story!

This manga is based on Kamachi Kazuma's original light novel series.

Related:

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Light Novels)
(http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index)

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Main Story)
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/to-aru-majutsu-no-index-r635)

> Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/to-aru-kagaku-no-railgun-r661)
Go to Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

441 Comments

This manga keeps doing things that really make me kinda... Teleportation was already established in the series to 'cause a paradox' if it's used on him and he reflects it. Yet it worked here? Or maybe he hasn't figured out how to do that yet...

That's the problem, If all molecular movement is being stopped by an outside force, they won't move no matter how much you try to create movement, Accelerator could defeat the enemy through other means, but it would be almost impossible for him to break the Ice with his powers only, he'll probably resort to an object or something

I think your image of Accelerator's power is different from mine. I see it as him being able to directly alter any vector within reach, which means that naturally, excessive heat or lack thereof would not bother Accelerator. He could just alter the movement of atoms to an appropriate frequency to create a nice, air-conditioned environment.

Another reason absolute zero wouldn't be a problem is that the value of vectors would be zero. It's still a recognizable value and a valid vector, which makes Accelerator's power effective.

Is that guy actually recognized as a genius? That dropout may have increased the output of a power with a bigger power, but for all I know it would still be a level 3 power, if all it takes for a power to level up is to get higher output, Accelerator wouldn't have to go through the whole Level 6 plan. He would've reached level 6 the moment he learned to manipulate air to transform it into plasma

It's the same thing with Umidori extra arms or Misaki extra brains, they are extra body parts to raise output. Accelerator didn't become one with the plasma. But his powers did grow when he uses his wings and starts to manipulate strange vectors like magic.

Wait, this is published in the same magazine as Yotsubato?!

I swear the skirt on the sisters are getting shorter.

Not that I disapprove 

I've given this thought a while back, but my conclusion was that in the end, absolute zero would still be worthless against Accelerator. Even if molecules were stopped, all Accelerator needs to do is move something and automatically vectors would be created in his surroundings for him to manipulate. However, I do believe molecular manipulation is the way to defeat accelerator in the end. If you can move all oxygen molecules away from him, Accelerator will suffocate (as he explained in the middle of the dust explosion)

But in the LNs, Accelerator's power was said to be able to withstand the entire earth exploding around him.

He'd just create a protective shell around himself and extract/create oxygen to breathe from the surroundings.

With his current limited self, a nuke/ECM would probably be enough since it'd cut off communications between his brain and the Sisters.

I've given this thought a while back, but my conclusion was that in the end, absolute zero would still be worthless against Accelerator. Even if molecules were stopped, all Accelerator needs to do is move something and automatically vectors would be created in his surroundings for him to manipulate. However, I do believe molecular manipulation is the way to defeat accelerator in the end. If you can move all oxygen molecules away from him, Accelerator will suffocate (as he explained in the middle of the dust explosion)

That's the problem, If all molecular movement is being stopped by an outside force, they won't move no matter how much you try to create movement, Accelerator could defeat the enemy through other means, but it would be almost impossible for him to break the Ice with his powers only, he'll probably resort to an object or something

Aaaand we're finally caught up to the latest chapter!

So LVL 5 Psychokinesis and LVL 5 Teleportation can work past his reflection...

There's the absolute zero, Accelerator would be useless against it. While a Psychokinetic would just treat it like any other thing really. It would be a bit troublesome for Accelerator to deal with Cryokinetics(although he could still defeat them easily though other means) who can reach that temperature, because instead of draining heat like a normal Ice user, a Cryokinetic freezes through stopping molecular movement directly. He could probably interrupt this, but so far he hasn't been shown to actually fully control movement, namely manipulating "module", it's magnitude, it's been mostly direction only. Even in the fight against Touma he didn't manipulate the magnitude of any vectors directly, rather he did it by pilling many vectors in the same direction. Although this "ignoring Newton's laws" is just bullshit.

Is that guy actually recognized as a genius? That dropout may have increased the output of a power with a bigger power, but for all I know it would still be a level 3 power, if all it takes for a power to level up is to get higher output, Accelerator wouldn't have to go through the whole Level 6 plan. He would've reached level 6 the moment he learned to manipulate air to transform it into plasma

He's a typical nutjob villain. Thinking straight isn't really his forte.

accel make touma taste some grief: "time to ntr that imouto"

:3

I think his point was that wherever there is an object to act upon, there are almost certainly already forces acting upon it or otherwise nearby for Accelerator to manipulate, making the difference essentially academic.  I mean, Accelerator's intelligent enough to know that everything on earth is moving around at tremendous speeds due to the earth's orbit (~67k mph), with only our frame of reference making some things seem to be at rest.

There's the absolute zero, Accelerator would be useless against it. While a Psychokinetic would just treat it like any other thing really. It would be a bit troublesome for Accelerator to deal with Cryokinetics(although he could still defeat them easily though other means) who can reach that temperature, because instead of draining heat like a normal Ice user, a Cryokinetic freezes through stopping molecular movement directly. He could probably interrupt this, but so far he hasn't been shown to actually fully control movement, namely manipulating "module", it's magnitude, it's been mostly direction only. Even in the fight against Touma he didn't manipulate the magnitude of any vectors directly, rather he did it by pilling many vectors in the same direction. Although this "ignoring Newton's laws" is just bullshit.

Really enjoying the recent flood of Accelerator issues. Thank you OWR &  /a/nonymous!

touma can't deal w a big chunk o metal tho :(

Accel can deal with the metal.

though, well, at least we can agree with Accel here and nothing Touma do would exceed what he'll do anyway. "Annoying voice and annoying face." :V

Go Accel! Don't run out of battery now!

"I would have gone insane."

Touma, where are you? We need your pimp punch.

touma can't deal w a big chunk o metal tho :(

Hmm... they still haven't truly explained how the heck his reflection was broken, but there's still a good chance for them to.

Other thing I'm now wondering as of this chapter: how did a magician end up as a supervisor for an Academy City project? If she was a student, she shouldn't be able to use magic. Then again, I assume she has some odd circumstances to how she's a magician in AC that they're going to cover later. (Also, not that I'm complaining, but where did she nab those clothes for Huotou? Could pigtails girl get some? That'd be nice.)

Academy city do hires anyone that can advance the art of science. They also removes any who becomes too troublesome.

...I am officially a little bit very slightly extremely some-what confused. Also... when in the timeline is this compared to the rest of the To Aru series? I admittedly don't follow To Aru particularly well, but I'd still like to know if only to sate my curiosity...

At best it just a few days right after Accelerator saved Last Order and then get shot at his head. As evidence when Accelerator's wounds opened up because he was fighting too much.

Spoiler

In fact I'm pretty sure he hasn't been discharged yet from the hospital.

Hmm... they still haven't truly explained how the heck his reflection was broken, but there's still a good chance for them to.

Other thing I'm now wondering as of this chapter: how did a magician end up as a supervisor for an Academy City project? If she was a student, she shouldn't be able to use magic. Then again, I assume she has some odd circumstances to how she's a magician in AC that they're going to cover later. (Also, not that I'm complaining, but where did she nab those clothes for Huotou? Could pigtails girl get some? That'd be nice.)

Both Dark Matter and magic

Spoiler

Also, I do think it'd be interesting to see how him and a full psychokinetic esper would interact. I suspect he'd still find a way to kick their ass, but it'd be neat.

We still didn't know but there plenty hints dropped at least.

Spoiler

Basically:

- She came to Academy City on her own volition because he has certain goal to accomplish.

- Joined or recruited as a researcher and then got tricked into supporting a certain experiment (not sure whether those researchers know that she is magician or they just assume she has a weird esper ability)

- Said project was to create a perfect esper or something. Likely what those mecha infused with dead esper are. It seems Estelle's magic is also used on it (which is probably the reason why its attack can bypass Accelerator's shield).

- For some reason Harumi is dead. Estelle uses her magic to brought her back but it turns out an evil spirit possess the said body instead. Said evil spirit likely manipulates the brother to go evil or something like that.

- Later on Estelle was confined (well, its easy to imagine why). Though she escaped, find out that Last Order  is the last thing required to complete the project, and proceed to go rescue her.

- Chapter 1 of the series begins.

"I would have gone insane."

Touma, where are you? We need your pimp punch.

Both Dark Matter and magic

Spoiler

Also, I do think it'd be interesting to see how him and a full psychokinetic esper would interact. I suspect he'd still find a way to kick their ass, but it'd be neat.

It looks like Accelerator Manga is the precursor to the Artificial Soul Experiment in Railgun Manga.

...I am officially a little bit very slightly extremely some-what confused. Also... when in the timeline is this compared to the rest of the To Aru series? I admittedly don't follow To Aru particularly well, but I'd still like to know if only to sate my curiosity...

Before Tree Diagram Remnant Arc, the one with Kuroko and Awaki as its focal characters.

There aren't any exact dates but this is occurring in the first or second week of September. After the Index Season 1 anime but before the Remnant Arc in Index II anime.

I wanna hug Estelle.

Time certainly is a vector, but you have to include displacement/position, since time is just a component of the 4-position.

Spacetime expansion is certainly a vector too, namely, the velocity at every point. The rate of expansion would be the divergence of this vector field (which would be a scalar field).

On that note, Accelerator has never shown any teleportation or time-travel, which would simply be a modification of the position vector. Maybe there are limits on what kind of vectors his power can modify?
Maybe he can only break thermodynamics to a certain extent?

He did fuck with someone else's teleportation that one time, when they tried to use it on him.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics