Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 106votes)

Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator

Alt Names: alt A Certain Scientific Acceleratoralt とある科学の一方通行(アクセラレータ)
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Artist: Arata Yamaji
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMecha MechaMystery MysterySci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The worst and the strongest of the "Toaru" series' espers, Accelerator, is the hero at last, now appearing in a completely original story!

This manga is based on Kamachi Kazuma's original light novel series.

Related:

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Light Novels)
(http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index)

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Main Story)
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/to-aru-majutsu-no-index-r635)

> Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/to-aru-kagaku-no-railgun-r661)
Go to Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

441 Comments

This manga really needs more love.

"in a completely original story!"

>Description

haha!

nice joke!

YES! YES! THE CREDIT PAGE IS BACK! 8D

Spoiler

How the hell is he still alive?! Did he not fell in the chasm last chapter?!

I keep forgetting that this Accelerator is still attached to the villain mindset. Man, good times... 

You prefer to have a flying spaghetti for god or octopus or some lizard-man or other weird things ? I prefer human shaped god that's what I prefer. So ignorant is out of question in it. Beauty and awe is a factor too specially if you want to sell (faith or goods) to common people.

Same thing with bikini armor so just get your brain off and read this for fun and try to stop to criticise people.

P.S. : Holy Grail Fate Stay Night is the most Zerg thing that can give you a wish like a God.

And this is why there are so many evolution deniers these days.

I am enjoying this for the romp that it is, but I must say, they shouldn't have waited this long for the exposition.  The Rosenthaal family could have had flashbacks starting much earlier.  And Estelle's time with the brother sister combo could have had flashbacks also, because without them I just see these people and roll my eyes, and pray they just die already.

I dunno, it's just so lopsided.  I could've cared so much more, but because of poor plot context distribution, it's so much harder to be invested.  I need to be positive and just look forward to this fight.

Nah, that's ok. Most of us are only here for Accelerator, anyway...

Following your logic, the difference is that Mikoto only control one of the four fundamental forces. Accelerator (and likely Kakine) control all four. A more simpler point: if we haven't seen Mikoto do it, she probably can't do it.

I never said she can do, I said she has the potential to do it. Why do you think she had her own level 6 program?

Also, getting full control over electromagnetism, means you have full control over chemical reactions(at the end of the day chemical reaction is all about how much energy you have, to make it happen) and even molecules.

She could literally create anything from objects to even interfere with the climate, literally anything. Nothing would be forbidden for her, that's how much of an influence electromagnetism has over matter.

Tell me, how is that any inferior to Kakine and Accelerator's potential?

For now she lacks the knowledge to pull of most tricks that would put her at the same level as both Accelerator and Kakine. But as for their future potential both Accelerator an her should be pretty much at the same level, while Kakine would be even stronger due to his ability of controlling asspulls.

I am enjoying this for the romp that it is, but I must say, they shouldn't have waited this long for the exposition.  The Rosenthaal family could have had flashbacks starting much earlier.  And Estelle's time with the brother sister combo could have had flashbacks also, because without them I just see these people and roll my eyes, and pray they just die already.

I dunno, it's just so lopsided.  I could've cared so much more, but because of poor plot context distribution, it's so much harder to be invested.  I need to be positive and just look forward to this fight.

Thats what happens when you're religiously ignorant of anything but the big 3 world religions.

You prefer to have a flying spaghetti for god or octopus or some lizard-man or other weird things ? I prefer human shaped god that's what I prefer. So ignorant is out of question in it. Beauty and awe is a factor too specially if you want to sell (faith or goods) to common people.

Same thing with bikini armor so just get your brain off and read this for fun and try to stop to criticise people.

P.S. : Holy Grail Fate Stay Night is the most Zerg thing that can give you a wish like a God.

Souls can evolve after experiencing 10,000 deaths

Oh basically sisters arc 2.0 soul edition huh.

New Volume, new batch of chapters to look into. Man, it took 30 chapters for us to finally get to the climax of the first arc alone!

More exposition on how the Rosenthal family use their style of Magic. Some people said the current Accel arc is connected to Railgun's, considering both Mangas are talking about the concept of Artificial Soul. In Railgun, the artificial soul was created through an experiment of splitting the body in half. In Accel, the artificial soul was created as some sort of an AI and placed inside an artificial/dead body, calling them Golems. unlike the robotic approach the Magic Side AS took, the Science Side AS is more of a lost entity looking for it's place in the world, and is more of a doppleganger. It's weird how the AS of both sides are switched in terms of concept.

Now the dilemma in Accel Manga is that the Artificial Soul Taowu was corrupted when Nathan, the 5th Gen Rosenthal Family Head, placed the soul of Isaac, the 4th Gen Family head and the so called Demon, inside one of the Charms. When Estelle used the Taowu Charm on Hirumi the first time she died, the Demon possessed the corpse and masked itself as Taowu to trick Hishigata Mitsuhiko. With the idiot brother's help, the "Demon" tried to create a Golem strong enough to contain the powers of a God/Level 6 (I'm not really sure if they're the same or not). To do that, they needed a formula based on the memories of 10,000 deaths contained within the Misaka Network to reach the highest level in the Sephiroth tree, Keter. Fusing the formula with the Artificial Soul Taowu, they tried to create the "perfect soul" to be possessed by that monstrosity in Chapter 30. The last time we saw a Level 6 Shift this disastrous was in Daihaseisai Arc of Railgun, but without the complication of losing a live person, since the new vessel here is a corpse.

This kind of bring into question when was the Will of the Network first conceived. Is the Will an Artificial Soul created from the 10,000 deaths os has it been there since the creation of the Network?

I still feel that my explanation is lacking, but seriously, the first arc is dragging too long. I hope they wrap up the first arc in the following chapters already.

There is that one trope. whee you are trying to become a god or reaching a new dimension of power but only to end up in grosteque form.

Thats what happens when you're religiously ignorant of anything but the big 3 world religions.

Who this self-proclaimed demon? Do we know him already?

Spoiler

There is that one trope. whee you are trying to become a god or reaching a new dimension of power but only to end up in grosteque form.

I believe the time it would take would depend on the esper level of the manipulator. Someone of higher level might be able to do it very fast. Then again if there's one thing, and one thing only I prefer in Comics over manga, is that Manga authors have this strange preconception that powers are utterly absolute.

In manga, whenever someone uses his powers to do something, his opponent can't do anything to stop it(even if his powers could theoretically interfere with his enemy's), unless he has the fabled cowardly power of nullifying powers.

So you see, physically speaking I can think of a hundred ways how to turn Accelerators power harmless through the use of electromagnetism(Misaka can manipulate most if not all kinds of electromagnetism, it doesn't make sense for her to be unable to reflect it back or even to do that little trick of Accelerator hurting himself) and some other abilities , but in the story, you can't usually interfere with a power unless interfering with powers is your power. And that's a load of bull for someone who has a power like Misaka's, I still don't get why she's only nº 3. Her full potential should be the same as Accelerator's, if she manages to obtain full control over electromagnetism I can safely say that there would be nothing she couldn't do then.

Sure there's also Kakine Taitoku and his "look, i'm on the scientific side, but my powers don't follow science" thing, allowing him to bullshit on most situations with mere pen power. Might as well make him into a protagonist, since his ability should be close to manipulating protagonism.

Following your logic, the difference is that Mikoto only control one of the four fundamental forces. Accelerator (and likely Kakine) control all four.

A more simpler point: if we haven't seen Mikoto do it, she probably can't do it.

NEW VOLUME!!! TIME FOR RAW SEARCHING!!! 

mmmmm but I think Accelerator could do something before someone stop the molecular movement at all, I think that would take a while, so there are ways to counter it

I believe the time it would take would depend on the esper level of the manipulator. Someone of higher level might be able to do it very fast. Then again if there's one thing, and one thing only I prefer in Comics over manga, is that Manga authors have this strange preconception that powers are utterly absolute.

In manga, whenever someone uses his powers to do something, his opponent can't do anything to stop it(even if his powers could theoretically interfere with his enemy's), unless he has the fabled cowardly power of nullifying powers.

So you see, physically speaking I can think of a hundred ways how to turn Accelerators power harmless through the use of electromagnetism(Misaka can manipulate most if not all kinds of electromagnetism, it doesn't make sense for her to be unable to reflect it back or even to do that little trick of Accelerator hurting himself) and some other abilities , but in the story, you can't usually interfere with a power unless interfering with powers is your power. And that's a load of bull for someone who has a power like Misaka's, I still don't get why she's only nº 3. Her full potential should be the same as Accelerator's, if she manages to obtain full control over electromagnetism I can safely say that there would be nothing she couldn't do then.

Sure there's also Kakine Taitoku and his "look, i'm on the scientific side, but my powers don't follow science" thing, allowing him to bullshit on most situations with mere pen power. Might as well make him into a protagonist, since his ability should be close to manipulating protagonism.

Touma continues to punch things because reasons.

What? New Testament is literally "the character development Touma should have received years ago". From making things worse with his methods of resolving things and getting betrayed because of his overly trusting nature, to finally taking interest in his own power, to getting tortured in millions of loops to get that he can be selfish if he wants. And recent volumes have had Mikoto helping Touma in his happenings, before realizing and agonizing over the fact that she never seem to be able to "reach" Touma's level, so you can't really say nothing is coming from that angle in the future.

I'm lost as to what is happening now. So...

Spoiler

end of confusion-induced rant

AC's dark side has never been the most sensible of factions. And overall, I'm pretty iffy on Kamachi's villains, they fall into the category of excessively evil because reasons, or can decide to stop all their plans because of a single punch from Imagine Breaker (or something taking from both).

Slightly off tangent, despite my poor impression of the villains I like Accelerator because he seems to be the only long running character that has received a decent amount of character development. Biribiri is still at the same place she was in NT as she was after the Sisters Arc and Touma continues to punch things because reasons. Accelerator deserves his time in the sun.

I'm lost as to what is happening now. So...

Spoiler

end of confusion-induced rant

man, if you're right, you made my day..... I FINALLY GOT THE EXPLANATION FOR THAT!!!!!

wait... no! it doesn't yet! D: in the chapter 19, Quingqi could reflect him, in that moment still doesn't have the formula!! DDD: we have to wait to know the complete explanation

Aaaand we're finally caught up to the latest chapter!

So LVL 5 Psychokinesis and LVL 5 Teleportation can work past his reflection...

man, if you're right, you made my day..... I FINALLY GOT THE EXPLANATION FOR THAT!!!!!

That's the problem, If all molecular movement is being stopped by an outside force, they won't move no matter how much you try to create movement, Accelerator could defeat the enemy through other means, but it would be almost impossible for him to break the Ice with his powers only, he'll probably resort to an object or something

mmmmm but I think Accelerator could do something before someone stop the molecular movement at all, I think that would take a while, so there are ways to counter it

This manga keeps doing things that really make me kinda... Teleportation was already established in the series to 'cause a paradox' if it's used on him and he reflects it. Yet it worked here? Or maybe he hasn't figured out how to do that yet...

yeah, I thought the same. But I read an explanation: psyconkinesis level 5+teletransportation level 5 (as Quingqi+ Taotie did) can work pas his reflection. I still didn't get ir, but xMikaelx said that for there, so.... I think it could be

I think your image of Accelerator's power is different from mine. I see it as him being able to directly alter any vector within reach, which means that naturally, excessive heat or lack thereof would not bother Accelerator. He could just alter the movement of atoms to an appropriate frequency to create a nice, air-conditioned environment.

Another reason absolute zero wouldn't be a problem is that the value of vectors would be zero. It's still a recognizable value and a valid vector, which makes Accelerator's power effective.

I see his power as being passive to an extent, using the fact that he could not reflect damage passively as a child, i believe that his power works under a specific mathematic expression. The resulting calculation always end up being negative and so all attacks against him have their direction changed. Meanwhile he can add a few extra formulas to reflect an even more specific vector, in this case the reaction vector, which is what gives him feats of "super strength" or that "sliding" he used to quickly follow the clones around.

Wall of text incoming:

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics