Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 106votes)

Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator

Alt Names: alt A Certain Scientific Acceleratoralt とある科学の一方通行(アクセラレータ)
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Artist: Arata Yamaji
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMecha MechaMystery MysterySci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The worst and the strongest of the "Toaru" series' espers, Accelerator, is the hero at last, now appearing in a completely original story!

This manga is based on Kamachi Kazuma's original light novel series.

Related:

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Light Novels)
(http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index)

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Main Story)
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/to-aru-majutsu-no-index-r635)

> Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/to-aru-kagaku-no-railgun-r661)
Go to Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

441 Comments

People seem to forget that the Accelerator vs Misaka fight during the Radio Noise Sisters Arc showed him directly manipulating the particles of air and stripping them of electrons to form plasma.

He can already directly affect atomic particles, it's just not needed for him to do so most of the time since his power is so overwhelmingly strong.

The ONLY physical phenomenon that does not seem to be caused by something that can be described by a vector is time, quantum fluctuations and maybe the expansion of space caused by dark energy.

Time certainly is a vector, but you have to include displacement/position, since time is just a component of the 4-position.

Spacetime expansion is certainly a vector too, namely, the velocity at every point. The rate of expansion would be the divergence of this vector field (which would be a scalar field).

On that note, Accelerator has never shown any teleportation or time-travel, which would simply be a modification of the position vector. Maybe there are limits on what kind of vectors his power can modify?
Maybe he can only break thermodynamics to a certain extent?

Dark Matter also bypassed his reflection some and the magic users he's fought probably weren't necessarius or gremlin level but he wasn't able to fully reflect them

I was talking about the Science side solely.  Dark Matter has some degree of success against Accelerator, but Dark Matter is #2, and #2 for a good reason.  The gulf between #2 and #1 is unsurpassable.

As for the magic side, hahahahahahaha, there's a lot of people who could crush him. 

Lol, some people need to understand what vectors are before start discussing about them. Vectors are literally everywhere. Everything that has a concept of movement, flux, expansion or contraction has vectors on it. Also his power is not reflecting, thats just his auto armor, his power is vector manipulation.

The people that gave trouble to Accelerator, were Touma with his rejection, Dark matter cuz his matter is from other dimension and is not ruled by this dimension physics, tho accelerator began to understand those laws by the end. And the magician, cuz magic escape to the law of physics.

Also to finish, heat isnt a vector itself., but heat propagation is indeed a vector.

Psychoknesis forces movement, Accelerator controls natural movement. A psychokinetic can generate movement even when there's none, while Accelerator can only interfere with natural movement, There's a clear distinction here.

I think his point was that wherever there is an object to act upon, there are almost certainly already forces acting upon it or otherwise nearby for Accelerator to manipulate, making the difference essentially academic.  I mean, Accelerator's intelligent enough to know that everything on earth is moving around at tremendous speeds due to the earth's orbit (~67k mph), with only our frame of reference making some things seem to be at rest.

People doesn't seem to understand what heat is, an objects temperature is just the average kinetic energy of it's atoms. And kinetic energy is motion. You don't even have to invoke heat flux, Accelerator's reflect works.

The ONLY physical phenomenon that does not seem to be caused by something that can be described by a vector is time, quantum fluctuations and maybe the expansion of space caused by dark energy. 

Well, atomic movement IS vectors. Psychokinesis, literally mind movement, is just accelerator's ability except it doesn't require physical contact.

Psychoknesis forces movement, Accelerator controls natural movement. A psychokinetic can generate movement even when there's none, while Accelerator can only interfere with natural movement, There's a clear distinction here.

People doesn't seem to understand what heat is, an objects temperature is just the average kinetic energy of it's atoms. And kinetic energy is motion. You don't even have to invoke heat flux, Accelerator's reflect works.

... a Psychokinetic could teoretically control atomic movement itself, ...

Well, atomic movement IS vectors. Psychokinesis, literally mind movement, is just accelerator's ability except it doesn't require physical contact.

And heat flux is still a vector much like electric and magnetic fluxes. He can increase and decrease its magnitude while picking whatever direction. Checks out to me. 

The only thing is, I don't think we've seen a pure Psychokinesis esper with any real power.  In the Toaru universe, psychokinesis is considered very weak and unsuited for battle.  The strongest we've seen is Yobou Banka who can only manipulate matter on a molecular level, and he's Level 4.

The strongest we've seen are all touch-based manipulation, such as Accelerator's vector manipulation, the kids from the Dark May Project (which are actually only derivatives of Accelerator's power), and Aero Hand.  I think the only natural enemy esper of Accelerator is Kongou Mitsuko, where her Ejection Point and his Reflection might actually be strong enough to blow one of his limbs off.  The only thing is, once Accelerator realizes what her power is, he won't allow her to use it again.

Like you said, the strongest we've seen. Just look for it, most other powers like teleportation, pyrokinesis, Cryokinesis, telekinesis(moving objects, only), levitation, and so on, are in fact a power that comes from a form of Psychokesis. A level 5 psychoknetic would be able to do, every little thing accelerator can, and even counter Accelerator directly. Why? Because unlike Accelerator who can only mess with vectors, that level of Psychoknesis can interfere with matter and energy much more freely.

People Don't seem to understand just how ridiculously strong his reflection is, although I can't cite exactly what novel it was from(I can't remember and I don't feel like scouring every volume he was in to find it, so take this with a grain if salt) but in the LN they even mention that he can, and has reflected attacks from the 11th dimension(ie, attacks from teleporters like Musujime Awaki and Shirai Kuroko). I still don't see how a telekinetic attack would get through, his reflection is the ultimate counter to that kind of attack. Unless they had detailed knowledge of how his reflection works, like Kihara Amata and used that theory to make their attacks reverse his reflection like he did. But that's highly unlikely.

Accelerator can only control vectors, a Psychokinetic could teoretically control atomic movement itself, if the user was an Esper above level 4.

However, unlike Accelerator's reflection that automatically change the direction of any vectors, he could probably stop accelerator's reflection by negating his control of vectors, through direct molecular movement control. Then he could finish Accelerator with a weapon or even his bare hands. 

Problem is, there is no proper Psychokinetic in the To Aru Majutsu series. No, this power is probably what a Level 6 Accelerator would have

Oh but Misaka could probably defeat him too, if she had more control of electromagnetism(But she'd be a living goddess then, it's also the reason why she got her own level 6 program, in To Aru Kagaku no Railgun). In fact, I don't understand why is there no other esper who can freely control their powers like Accelerator does. Inverting vectors wouldn't be that powerful if people could control their powers "directly", they only create the effect and that's it, that's all they do, so when their powers get inverted, they can't change that inversion or dispel the effect

People Don't seem to understand just how ridiculously strong his reflection is, although I can't cite exactly what novel it was from(I can't remember and I don't feel like scouring every volume he was in to find it, so take this with a grain if salt) but in the LN they even mention that he can, and has reflected attacks from the 11th dimension(ie, attacks from teleporters like Musujime Awaki and Shirai Kuroko). I still don't see how a telekinetic attack would get through, his reflection is the ultimate counter to that kind of attack. Unless they had detailed knowledge of how his reflection works, like Kihara Amata and used that theory to make their attacks reverse his reflection like he did. But that's highly unlikely.

Heat Flux is about rate of energy moved, not movement itself, altough he may reduce heat, I don't think he should be able to block it completely. Still pretty much BS to me.

And heat flux is still a vector much like electric and magnetic fluxes. He can increase and decrease its magnitude while picking whatever direction. Checks out to me. 

Psychoknesis would counter him completely, I think. You can mimic all he does with Psychoknesis, and still have a bit more matter control than he has.

Heat Flux is about rate of energy moved, not movement itself, altough he may reduce heat, I don't think he should be able to block it completely. Still pretty much BS to me.

I dont think psychokinessis woudl conter him. i mena its still about moving things.

About heat - well heat is basicly energy of molecules. So probbaly it works on teh asumption he can manipulate how fast this molecules move - if they move too fast (weh soemthign is hot) he cna slow the down, if teh move too slow (when its cold) he can speed them up.

Not sure if what i said make sense in english(not my first language)

The only thing is, I don't think we've seen a pure Psychokinesis esper with any real power.  In the Toaru universe, psychokinesis is considered very weak and unsuited for battle.  The strongest we've seen is Yobou Banka who can only manipulate matter on a molecular level, and he's Level 4.

The strongest we've seen are all touch-based manipulation, such as Accelerator's vector manipulation, the kids from the Dark May Project (which are actually only derivatives of Accelerator's power), and Aero Hand.  I think the only natural enemy esper of Accelerator is Kongou Mitsuko, where her Ejection Point and his Reflection might actually be strong enough to blow one of his limbs off.  The only thing is, once Accelerator realizes what her power is, he won't allow her to use it again.

Dark Matter also bypassed his reflection some and the magic users he's fought probably weren't necessarius or gremlin level but he wasn't able to fully reflect them

Psychoknesis would counter him completely, I think. You can mimic all he does with Psychoknesis, and still have a bit more matter control than he has.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>Heat flux is a vector quantity.

>He can manipulate vectors.

>Everything checks out.

He can just set the rate to zero and not be fussed about it.

It sounds like you have more of a problem with how overpowered Accel is. But that's a different can of worms.

Actually, it's established that Accelerator treats heat as a vector (as BS-y as that is) in the scene where he's eating food with Last Order and is able to grab the hot plate as he pleases. (I think they only comment on it in the novels). He also comments that the only thing that he'd have an issue with when being hit with a nuke is the lack of oxygen, not the heat or force or anything else. (In reality, though, heat really isn't a vector, but apparently in Accelerator's BSy personal reality, it is.)

Verrueckter addressed the other response pretty well, I feel. (And yeah, I agree, I wish they'd started it closer to the end of OT or beginning of NT)

As BSy as you think Accel's Personal Reality is, the heat thing makes sense. He's not treating heat itself as a vector but heat flux as a vector.

Actually, it's established that Accelerator treats heat as a vector (as BS-y as that is) in the scene where he's eating food with Last Order and is able to grab the hot plate as he pleases. (I think they only comment on it in the novels). He also comments that the only thing that he'd have an issue with when being hit with a nuke is the lack of oxygen, not the heat or force or anything else. (In reality, though, heat really isn't a vector, but apparently in Accelerator's BSy personal reality, it is.)

As BSy as you think Accel's Personal Reality is, the heat thing makes sense. He's not treating heat itself as a vector but heat flux as a vector.

Where are Heivia and Quenser when you need them the most?

Using direct heat control is another way of doing it, since Heat(please, i'm not talking about fire) is not a vector.

Either by cooling down the atmosphere to steal heat or by heating it up, it would be possible to "bypass" Accelerator's passive defenses to cause direct damage.

Verrueckter addressed the other response pretty well, I feel. (And yeah, I agree, I wish they'd started it closer to the end of OT or beginning of NT)

From my understanding he used psychokinesis that is probably the closest thing to one of the 2 methods to get through probably using something like kihara method

Spoiler

From my understanding he used psychokinesis that is probably the closest thing to one of the 2 methods to get through probably using something like kihara method

Using direct heat control is another way of doing it, since Heat(please, i'm not talking about fire) is not a vector.

Either by cooling down the atmosphere to steal heat or by heating it up, it would be possible to "bypass" Accelerator's passive defenses to cause direct damage.

wow just started reading this and it's pretty intense.. I thought it was gonna be all last order when I read the title x.x

Really hoping for a proper explanation for the shenanigans the robot pulled to make it through Accelerator's reflection, because as far as I know, there's maybe two "surefire" methods to get through it, and I don't see how it could've employed either of them.

Another short chapter. ;m;

That's because there are many doublepages.

Another short chapter. ;m;

Really hoping for a proper explanation for the shenanigans the robot pulled to make it through Accelerator's reflection, because as far as I know, there's maybe two "surefire" methods to get through it, and I don't see how it could've employed either of them.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics