Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.22 - 128votes)

Meiyaku no Leviathan

Alt Names: alt 盟約のリヴァイアサンalt Meiyaku No Rivaiasanalt The Leviathan of the Covenant
Author: Bau & Taketsuki Jou
Artist: Tatetsu Teto
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHarem HaremRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: It happened to be in the modern era when humanity became subjected to the menaces of the dragons. To fend for themselves, people conjured ways of manipulating magic to summon and impel manufactured, so-called “Leviathans.” The contractors of these “serpents” were supposedly the only ones designated to destroy the dragons, as they were the world's ‘valkyries of salvation.’ Named “Magi,” these maidens would accompany their leviathans as they were meant to lead the everyday resistance against the dragons...

This is an adaptation from the light novel series written by Taketsuki Jou and illustrated by Nimura Yuuji.
Go to Meiyaku no Leviathan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

187 Comments

Any punishment can be endured so long as pantsu can be seen.

The way things are phrased made the dialogue felt really split and doesn't connect/flow well with one another. It's kind of hard to read for this chapter...

Hmm, I dunno about the phrasing in a lot of the dialogue in this chapter. Feels quite stilted. Easy to comprehend, sure, which is what matters most--but I don't particularly enjoy awkward word choice/position.

Example: "A weapon above the heavens that can wound dragons." Um, I don't see any clouds. Maybe "weapon FROM the heavens" or simply "divine/heavenly weapon?" I haven't seen the raws, but I'm fairly certain that even in Japanese, the author wouldn't actually intend to give the impression that the weapon is located in the sky or whatever.

Is it just me or the it's just slow paced manga?

most of the time is wasted when they are talking.

Hmm it is a tad slow but I think what is making feel slower than it is is the fact that we only see a chapter once every few months :( I'm not complaining (okay maybe a little :P) but when the release schedule is like this you tend to not be able to get into the flow of the story.

What do you expect from infodump master Joey?(along with Taro-sensei and the Mahouka-author)
Tho IMO, I think those time talking wasn't a waste. However I agree that it is slow-paced. 

don't forget that all the heros from the fate series are based off of actually heroes from legends and myth with the exception of archer. So the Gilgamesh in there is based off of a real legend or story

Yeah i know. The myth of Gilgamesh is the first heroic story of mankind, and Gilgamesh himself may be one of the first king of history. 

Still, I really like the character of Gilgamesh from the Fate. Mongrel.

The only Gilgamesh I like is the one from the Fate/ series. Yeah, he's a complete bastard. But he's still badass.

don't forget that all the heros from the fate series are based off of actually heroes from legends and myth with the exception of archer. So the Gilgamesh in there is based off of a real legend or story

don't forget king Gilgamesh I think that was his name

The only Gilgamesh I like is the one from the Fate/ series. Yeah, he's a complete bastard. But he's still badass. 

Solomon is kind of a mythical figure. Similar to King Arthur. It makes sense for there to be lots of stories using them as archetypes. Him, Arthur Pendragon, and probably Alexander the Great would be three of the most well known of all legendary rulers.

don't forget king Gilgamesh I think that was his name

Is the introduction over yet? Is the story going to end now and tell us to read the light novels?

Well, seeing the vol. 2, we have some more chapters before...

When I'm bored, I don't even had to read a manga. Just reading readers' commentary in this website is entertaining enough. Seriously. XD

Now that I said that, I go read the chapter 0. :3

And here I was expecting an actual bow. Oh well hopes

Spoiler

Is the introduction over yet? Is the story going to end now and tell us to read the light novels?

ALL HAIL THE DRAGONBORN

King Solomon again!? This, Blade Dance, that thing with summoners and swordfighters...I swear, it's like the guy was magically multi-tasking across universes in his time.

Don't forget Magi , he's like a god after all :D

pretty cocky for a weak dragon, that has trouble with killing a human :P

Solomon is kind of a mythical figure. Similar to King Arthur. It makes sense for there to be lots of stories using them as archetypes. Him, Arthur Pendragon, and probably Alexander the Great would be three of the most well known of all legendary rulers.

Ceasar, Charlemagne,...

I don't think Alexander holds much widespread appeal compared to Ceasar. 

King Solomon again!? This, Blade Dance, that thing with summoners and swordfighters...I swear, it's like the guy was magically multi-tasking across universes in his time.

Hopefully the next chapter comes out faster... I'm really expecting great things form this seeing as it's from Campione's! author. Speaking of which someone needs to brainwash zzhk into translating the LN of this...

sorry, busy with real life + didnt actually volunteer for this. would be best if we can get a proper tl to work on this.

Hopefully the next chapter comes out faster... I'm really expecting great things form this seeing as it's from Campione's! author. Speaking of which someone needs to brainwash zzhk into translating the LN of this...

another manga with dragons, meh

Can we have at least one original thing?

Please, just one. I don't think I'm asking for so much.

As it is said in latin "nihil novi sub sole" or rather "There is nothing new under the sun." So yes you are asking for way too much. Broken down into basic of basic elements there is no such creature as an "original" story and hasn't been for centuries. There are stories that feel original but the more you read the more you can find parallels to other stories. One may have influence the other maybe not but, regardless they both make the other "unoriginal" now there can be creative takes on stories that alter the situation but, a basic plot that is "truly" original is like asking for a human to jump off the empire state building with no parachute and not die. Sure it may in some "miracle" be possible to happen but most likely the person is a splatter stain on the pavement.

To fight the x, special humans called y need to form a bond with partners called z. Y-kun is the worst of the ys at y academy but for some reason he pairs up with z-chan, the school's number 1 idol etc.

Welp, not much to say more than that.
It's also fairly easy to tell "Oh, this is one of those LN mangas" by noticing certain thins about the description.
If it contains an abundance of "Terms" or [Jargon] or {Lingo} and large amounts ofBullShit」, then you've got your average run-of-the-mill chuuni shit.

Anyway, this is little different. Except - WOW - the protagonist has a license. Wonder what harem antics that will lead to.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics