Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 1029votes)

The Gamer

Alt Names: alt Banzaialt 더 게이머alt Oyuncu(Turkish)alt THE 게이머alt اللاعبalt بازیکن
Author: Sung Sang-Young
Artist: Sang-Ah
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalWebtoon Webtoon[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Official RAW of The Gamer: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=552960

Official English translation: http://www.webtoons.com/episodeList?titleNo=88

====Batoto Staff Notice====
This comic has been requested to be taken down by Naver. Do not upload, for any language.
This record has been left here to serve as a notice.
===========================
Go to The Gamer Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Gamer latest chapter discussion New Window 12 others
  • 1391 Replies
Topic His Father? New Window Ninjacat Dude
  • 18 Replies
Topic poeple better at being a gamer then the gamer New Window cjk33
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
Topic Light novel New Window 25Baam
  • 1 Replies

2160 Comments

damn useless ability

Pretty interesting.  I like the "What was I thinking, STR, in today's world?"  And Mom is a boss. ;)

great, another series to follow that will be really slow.

download the ch.2 in their blog if u can't wait to read it please

Chapter 2 isn't loading/working can't read it, can someone re-upload it please?

Edit

Thanks BAP scans, instant followed B) after reading this I'm a check out all your works. Usually if I like one thing a group works on then we have the same tastes and I find that I like their other works as well.    

forget what I just said, THIS-IS-INTERESTING.

Le't wiat for more for now strong 4 .

seems interesting, follow for now

The Gamer was a best challenge webtoon I used to read uptil around chapter 40-ish until it got moved to the official webtoons, and it was first released back in 2012.

If the story got revamped for the better, I'll be expecting a lot from the authors :P

i was sure that it had more then 1 or 2 post last time i spotted it, was making me crazy.  

text-wall

Spoiler

I don't think it's right to say America is "individualism" and Asia is "collectivism".

The most popular games in Korea is League of Legends, Starcraft 2, and Sudden Attack (fps). None of which are MMORPG.

Sure there are RPG type games in Korea, main one being Maplestory, but that's just 1 game. You should also probably realize Asia is #1 for gaming in general - even "skill-based" games like LoL and Starcraft. 

And from which country did games like WoW, Everquest etc originate? Or what about MUDs before the 3D era? Ever heard of Trpgs? Don't be silly - if anything, those 'Korean/Japanese games' you refer to only built on the concepts established and developed by western game developers. It's one thing to say that a lot of Korean games that you've been exposed to are MMORPGS that are heavy on stats, but it's another to generalize Koreans and Korean games based on your personal experience and bias.

Note that it's not just me generalizing, it's the DSM-V: http://www.dsm5.org/Documents/Internet%20Gaming%20Disorder%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf, which is trying to promote the idea of internet gaming disorder based on "evidence from Asian countries."

Spoiler

And from which country did games like WoW, Everquest etc originate? Or what about MUDs before the 3D era? Ever heard of Trpgs? Don't be silly - if anything, those 'Korean/Japanese games' you refer to only built on the concepts established and developed by western game developers. It's one thing to say that a lot of Korean games that you've been exposed to are MMORPGS that are heavy on stats, but it's another to generalize Koreans and Korean games based on your personal experience and bias.
Spoiler

You aren't into RPGs or MMORPGs, are ya?

Some games are and most Korean games are based on stats. It's not silly.

I've seen a lot of plot like these lately

Its funny that he is surprised by that v*v

Spoiler

I WISH this was around when I was still in school!

The Gamer was a best challenge webtoon I used to read uptil around chapter 40-ish until it got moved to the official webtoons, and it was first released back in 2012.

If the story got revamped for the better, I'll be expecting a lot from the authors :P

This is kinda like dice:the cube that changes everything~ http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/dice-the-cube-that-changes-everything-r9263

I don't think so; maybe the initial concept, but this looks like it has a more optimistic take on the whole affair and less of an intropsective look on human nature.

Granted, there's only one chapter, so who knows which way it'll go -3- Maybe Lovecraftian horror, maybe slice of life. Maybe both.

This is kinda like dice:the cube that changes everything~ http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/dice-the-cube-that-changes-everything-r9263

Its funny that he is surprised by that v*v

Spoiler

If you have an addictive personality you are going to get addicted even on a game as simple as Pong. And MMORPG also lets you socialize with other player it's not just about stats. It's wrong to blame it on the game just because some people have addiction problem. Most of my friends been playing MMORPG for over 10 years and still living a good life with wife and kids. 

Read the two essays I linked in my post. Korean/Japanese games are intentionally designed to be addicting though various techniques like operant conditioning, variable reward schedules, and the Zeigernik effect. It would be like if you opened a bakery, and laced your products with addictive drugs to keep customers coming back. If you were baking normal cookies, they wouldn't be addictive. Likewise, normal games that follow good design principles are not addictive. No, Pong is not addictive. Pong can engage players in a state of flow, which might seem like addiction. But flow in game design is practically the polar opposite of addiction, because the former is about learning and engagement while the latter is about being promised a reward for doing a boring task. So yes, it is right to blame it on the game, because the game is purposefully trying to make people feel addicted at the cost of having meaningful gameplay.

Recommended reading for you might be Addiction By Design.

Very nice idea. Instant follow) Once as a hardcore LA2 player, still play dota)

Spoiler

If you have an addictive personality you are going to get addicted even on a game as simple as Pong. And MMORPG also lets you socialize with other player it's not just about stats. It's wrong to blame it on the game just because some people have addiction problem. Most of my friends been playing MMORPG for over 10 years and still living a good life with wife and kids.

I like the plot.. :)

I wish I could level up :(

I really like where this is going, I hope BAP scans decide to stick with it :)

Kind of like cube

You mean DICE: The cube that changes everything

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics