Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.5 - 36votes)

Hanayamata

Alt Names: alt ハナヤマタ
Author: Hamayumiba Sou
Artist: Hamayumiba Sou
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Normal appearance, normal intelligence, normal in arts and sports... just normal. This is the entirely normal 14-year-old, Naru Sekiya. While she admires "Heroines" she continues to live a normal life until one moonlit night she meets a fairy. This foreign girl then guides her into the extraordinary world of the yosakoi dance.
Go to Hanayamata Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

53 Comments

This manga cuteness makes me forget about the akward text

Far be it from me to bite the hand that feeds me, but you guys are in desperate need of a proofreader. The translations all sound too literal.

Wow, just saw that this got an anime on mal.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/21681/Hanayamata

This smile won't leave my face :D

Lovely art. and I'm interested in this yosakoi as well..... no one tell me to google it or post spoilers, since I want to find out from the manga :D

Or you could watch the anime that's coming out...

Man, too much blushing and too much cuteness. This makes me remember Hajiotsu. And it's Shoujo-ai "Follow intensifies"

Lovely art. and I'm interested in this yosakoi as well..... no one tell me to google it or post spoilers, since I want to find out from the manga :D

Volume 5 cover:

Spoiler

I just love the art. o__o But I hope the main chara won't stick to that routine for too long...

Don't want to start nitpicking (though I just might be the type >_<) but... the grammar, at least in the latest chapter, is not very fluent. Also some choices of words, such as:

Spoiler
feel a little wobbly to me. It's not a big problem, the message is relayed, but it does affect the reading experience. I think proofreaders are the ones best available for scan groups (since it only requires "a language ear" at best) so maybe one (more?) of those could help with this? Then again, if it's just human error/IRL kicking in, never mind. xD

Hmm, this has a good amount of potential for character exploration! MC-chan is stuck between her desire to become different, to shine, and paradoxically her desire to not stand out. It seems more like she doesn't want someone (Hana) trying to force her to change, she wants to do it herself, but she doesn't have the strength to do it on her own yet. So she's trapped - to weak to change herself, but too stubborn to accept the help of others. Something's gotta give.

Of course, in order to make the plot happen, she'll probably go talk to Hana and use all her willpower to say she might be interested in yosakoi. After that, though, I hope it remains character-development and drama focused, rather than moe SoL antics (that is, it's more like the Stella Jogakuin Kotouka C3-bu anime, rather than the manga.)

I'm pretty confused by MC though I understand her point.

I've had this followed for a while and it has an interesting premise.

Page 25 of ch3 gives a 404 error though (assuming it should exist).

Reported p. 25 problem in QA forum.

I've had this followed for a while and it has an interesting premise.

Page 25 of ch3 gives a 404 error though (assuming it should exist).

Shoujo Ai

Followed >.>

The staff for the anime.

Can't wait ~

Wait... what? *looks up on MU*... Oh it's true, only 3 Volumes published so far and they gonna animate it already? If I looked up correctly, it's in a Monthly Magazine.
I doubt the Story itself could cover the average 12 episodes... or will the Anime drift slightly away from Original? o.o

BTW, I like Sou Sensei's Art (esp. in Sorairo Square ;o)!

Edit: 4th Volume was released in January already... still...

Oh well, for some reason the chapter is not in order. Please wait a moment.

I LOVE YOU REINE SCANS THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE.

Yes, the caps lock was necessary.

Edit: the pages are messed up and I'm starting to think that the chapters are titled after the names of songs.

The staff for the anime.

This is going to receive an anime adaptation, turns out. ^^

For those who don't know: Same author/artist as Sorairo Square, which we of RZK are translating. I'm scanning the remainder of that series as soon as I can.

>average looks

USE SODA

Always good to see another Sou manga.

Yheeah right... "average"...

I'm almost hoping for an umbrella+blade+dancing setsuka-like combo, but well, normal is good.

Seems interesting. The title of this chapter reminded me of this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce3TjtKRgJ0

Can't wait until the "Ai" part of the manga kicks in.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics