Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 56votes)

Hayachine!

Alt Names: alt ハヤチネ!alt 早池峰
Author: Fukumorita Aiko
Artist: Fukumorita Aiko
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After the death of their parents, the three siblings Seiji, Kozue and Shima get taken in by their uncle and move from Tokyo to Ohasama in the countryside. Will they be able to adapt to their new life in the middle of nowhere? A lighthearted slice of life story begins...
Go to Hayachine! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

80 Comments

Am I the only one who REALLY wants to see a chapter about the youngest daughter?

This face! Pure awesomeness!

Still waiting for the return of the Kappa helmet. :(

The ship has sailed! Ahoy~!

damn those white pages with text at the bottom making me think my browser hasn't loaded!

young luv 

*flag raised* <3

They went to a river and she didn't bring the Kappa helmet?! I am disappoint!!

Kappa helmet #1 had been destroyed and was under reparation.

Spoiler

They went to a river and she didn't bring the Kappa helmet?! I am disappoint!!

Spoiler

i didn't understand that money system thing relevance which made it hard to enjoy this chapter to the fullest

It wasn't explained at all, but it's basically small-scale lending between acquaintances: the members meet regularly and at each meeting contribute a predefined sum (say $500), and one of the members goes home with the whole pot. So for a group of 6, you provide $500 every month and get $3000 every 6 months and you can make a big purchase you needed to do. The advantages are:

• no need to store significant amounts of money at home
  • no need to keep records because all transactions are seen by all members, and the group itself keeps no money (only individual members do)
  • n-months cycles mean the group can fairly easily break up or absorb new members, it also limits individual losses if there's an asshole in the group

That makes the system pretty interesting in rural "third-world" communities with low literacy and no good way to protect money (saved at home, could be demanded by family or stolen)

It has no relevance to the story though, it's just a meeting pretext.

i didn't understand that money system thing relevance which made it hard to enjoy this chapter to the fullest

I often wonder about the sanity of people who stay friends with such an abusive jerk.  Also, the first time that an "adult" got into my child's face and called him/her names, smashed one of their projects, attacked their confidence, or threw the children out of their own house, I would kick him out of my home so fast it would make his head spin.  So-called "adults" who bully children, I regard as the scum of the earth.

And that was how Seiji joined the yakuza.

This has been really nice, so far.  Thanks, Ciel Scans, for bringing us such a pleasant manga.

that makeshift full helmet-table looks pretty convenient to use...

Spoiler

Liking the overall feel of the SoL here. I also like that we're having quite a few chapters to develop characters before they introduce new characters via them going to school.

I kinda want to see more of Ian in this story. He seems to have a pretty interesting character.

Akira is the doppelganger of Seishuu Handa from Barakamon.

It been almost a year since the last update I am greatly please

God almighty, this is solid beetus.

i wouldn't mind a househusband..

this has beautiful art and challenged gender norms in such a heart warming way im so down for this

I wouldn't really call it "challenging gender norms."  That makes it sound like it's going pretty hard with it or being kind of controversial.  I don't think "this little boy likes girly stuff" is challenging anything. 

ian is male version of sotomura, from the scary face and cooking things <3

this has beautiful art and challenged gender norms in such a heart warming way im so down for this

Ciel Scans really has a knack for picking cute stuff up :D

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics