Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.44 - 71votes)

Shamo

Alt Names: alt Coq de Combatalt 軍鶏alt Gamecock
Author: Hashimoto Izou & Tanaka Akio
Artist: Tanaka Akio
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: At the age of sixteen Ryo Narushima was a genius and looked to have no trouble of getting into Tokyo University and joining the elite of society. However, that summer something cracked inside Ryo's head. With a small knife he brutally murdered both of his parents only leaving his sister alive and cowering in a corner. It is at this grotesque incident that our story begins.

Note: At volume 20, the series changed publishers, which created a restart of the chapter numbers.

Starting from chapter 61 in volume 26, the first chapter from when the series returned from a long hiatus, the series has been completely written & drawn by Tanaka Akio. While Hashimoto Izou did write the series in the beginning, he had been doing less and less work starting from volume 4. Tanaka & Hashimoto reached a settlement and Shamo continued.
Go to Shamo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Ending discussion [Spoiler alert] New Window lazybear
  • 4 Replies
Topic Why? (Spoiler Alert.) New Window geenius3ab
  • 5 Replies
Topic Will Shamo be picked up by another group? New Window Keesch
  • 0 Replies
Topic English volumes will be uploaded soon so stay tuned New Window Lukis
  • 1 Replies

119 Comments

Ryu is constantly spiraling downwards. How low can he go.
The Psychological Part Of This Manga is So How Do I Say It Pulling If You Know What I mean It Drags You in There. You Get The Meaning and How And Why That Places Out in The Story A Great Read I Really Love This One.
Fuck yeah new volume!!!!
ehm, did they translate past the star girls stabbing him?
okay so how come its stop when its getting good man i want more wats up feed me a bkshamo combo
I feel annoyed with the main character in a few ways. One he doesn't seem to keep any of the abilities or techniques he learns besides karate. An example would be the kung-fu he learned while in China. Second is his ability seems to constantly flag and force him to restart his body again. Why can't he just keep up a regular after work training schedule? Just a few simple things that bug me. Other than that his killer aura is the best and I wish Sugawara would come back loud and proud.
Well there are no raws out in any case
just cheked on wiki apparently this was continued in EVENING, dunno if this is true but figured it was worth a mention
Great series. Shame about the hiatus. Not sure what the mangaka was thinking when he completely ignored the "chi" arc(s)...

Thanks for the upload, first martial arts manga I've read tbh as I generally am not a fan of sports-types ones but I liked this overall. If there's ever a replacement for those v26 volumes by Wildfang, might want to change them. Pretty badly done.
hiatus a fucking gain? SIGH
Everything is upload up to date,after ch63 it went on hiatus again,but i hope it will be back soon.
Starting to upload volume 15-20 ba dumb,guess I will put everything today
I've recently read through all the volumes provided. That is up to 15. It is excellent. I think that old man just hit upon the whole point that Ryu's other master was attempting to make. This series is definitely a must read and a must add to one's collection.
Good series. Thanks for the upload, looking forward to the rest!
Posted Image
I guess since nodody is probably going to..I will upload rest volumes too (there are 25 and almost complete 26th),Look forward to them
What an excellent series. The story is dark and keeps me completely immersed. I can't wait for the next upload. Good going for finding this manga it is amazing.
man iam suprised theirs not more followers for this raw manga o well more for me

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics