Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.89 - 35votes)

D.Y.N. Freaks

Alt Names: alt ダイン・フリークス D.Y.N.FREAKSalt DYN Freaks
Author: Haganeya Jin
Artist: Sora Tokumo
Genres: Action ActionHorror HorrorShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Old Gods are invading Earth, posessing humans and baring naked their most wicked emotions. The most powerful 'disciples' of these evil demons are called 'mages'. The story concentrates on two such people - Yoguruma Mugen (disciple of Yog-Sothoth) and Narukami Chikage (bound to Nyarlathotep). Their strained relationship and addition of another, seemingly human girl thrusts us into the world where no black or white exist. In this strange and brutal world fight to stay human even in the worst circumstances continues.

The author seems to use Lovecraft works lore.
Go to D.Y.N. Freaks Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

63 Comments

So i'm guessing those three figures were the actual Gods themselves (Nyarlathotep, Yog-Sothoth, and was Crow's god ever mentioned?), other than that literary term used as a god for Crow's proxy. Interesting. 

Is not clear, but you cold say that they were human that after enter in contact with artifacts of said Gods, they become something similar.

Crow's power comes from D, which is Demonbane, if there is an actual connection to Demonbane from the VN is unknown. I believe there isn't, D is considered a God by itself and in the VN Demonbane was the robot of the actual Elder Gods.

So just think that Haganeya is using some elements from Demonbane in a new setting, not related to the VN.

So i'm guessing those three figures were the actual Gods themselves (Nyarlathotep, Yog-Sothoth, and was Crow's god ever mentioned?), other than that literary term used as a god for Crow's proxy. Interesting. 

This is one of the most confusing manga every, i still dont really get what happened everything happen so fast and nothing is explained

Spoiler

thanks for ruining everything

Is this a spin-off from Demonbane?

I wonder if we'll ever see Cthulu again.

I like manga, but the pacing in this is just really messed up.

Not really, Haganeya is this weird, he is being cryptical and hard to follow on purpose.

More or less this chapter is the end of the prologue. Asylum practically will use the three gods that seal each other to seal the other mages. So expect to see an akward combination of "heroes" fighting against the villains.

I like manga, but the pacing in this is just really messed up.

I will just share the info for who don't know, this "author" is copying Demonbane from Nitro+, the art for the monster, the mechanical arm for the Deus Ex Machina, the weapons used from crow are exactly the same from Demonbane and if I remember it right even the effects are the same.

Lemuria Impact was the name of the final tecnique from the protagonis DEM, this manga is pathetic.

Demonbane even had fight with superhumans in special suits.

I know is all stuff from Lovecraft changed for a japanese story but is terrible how this guy don't invented anything but copied it from Nitro+

Man, just look who is the author.

I will just share the info for who don't know, this "author" is copying Demonbane from Nitro+, the art for the monster, the mechanical arm for the Deus Ex Machina, the weapons used from crow are exactly the same from Demonbane and if I remember it right even the effects are the same.

Lemuria Impact was the name of the final tecnique from the protagonis DEM, this manga is pathetic.

I know is all stuff from Lovecraft changed for a japanese story but is terrible how this guy don't invented anything but copied it from Nitro+

Look up who wrote Zanma Taisei Demonbane. Then proceed to look at the manga writers name. Yeah.

Alright, from what we have in the first four chapters:

Point 1:  This is not a war between good guys and bad guys.  It's a war between law and chaos, with all of us in the crossfire.

Point 1a:  Worse still, the only person on the decidedly Law side is using a giant robot arm of absolute destruction...

Point 2:  Female Heroine most likely is a walking appocalype, and no one knows for sure whether she is, or isn't.  So expect character developement of that sort.

Point 3:  If you don't know where I'm coming from with these points, or the notions of this comic and cthulhu mythos in general induces migraines...  This manga will drive you insane.  Not sure if that's in a good or bad way tho...

Haganeya is just weird, don't expect understand much at the very beginning.

OK, this is as if somebody made Call of Cthulhu into a shonen and added mecha and DBZ into it. Confusing, but nice. Following.

This story has everything other than an explanation. I'd love to read more if it were clearer.

the description alone made me follow this

Alright, from what we have in the first four chapters:

Point 1:  This is not a war between good guys and bad guys.  It's a war between law and chaos, with all of us in the crossfire.

Point 1a:  Worse still, the only person on the decidedly Law side is using a giant robot arm of absolute destruction...

Point 2:  Female Heroine most likely is a walking appocalype, and no one knows for sure whether she is, or isn't.  So expect character developement of that sort.

Point 3:  If you don't know where I'm coming from with these points, or the notions of this comic and cthulhu mythos in general induces migraines...  This manga will drive you insane.  Not sure if that's in a good or bad way tho...

Spoiler

Just "weird" don't sum up all the things here.
Mindblow.

Why is it when Cthulu gets involved, nothing stays simple?

Why do the most horrifying creatures on Earth always exist in the form of high school students?

Those mangaka must be High School teachers, in their time off. Maybe that's why.

Lol @ that ending. Thanks for the update!

Too much stuff going on wtf..

Wait what? The asylum scattered the artefacts and then collects them through fighting...Then why scatter in the first place

Cthulhu Mythos FTW.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

A Manga from Haganeya Jin??!!

The writer of Demonbane?!

INSTA FOLLOW!

i have no idea what the hell just happened, but it was badass

edit: still don't know what's going on, but i think it got more badass

edit 2: more lost than before

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics