Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.49 - 154votes)

Haru-nee ga Boku ni XX Suru Riyuu

Alt Names: alt The Reason Haru-nee Did XX To Me
Author: Ohmi Takeshi
Artist: Ohmi Takeshi
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHarem HaremRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: When Hideto, a high school student who is afraid of women, is suddenly targeted by a beautiful older woman whom he believes to be a molester, he runs for his life. Mid-pursuit, he is attacked by what he previously believed to be an illusion, a blur that nobody else could see.
Go to Haru-nee ga Boku ni XX Suru Riyuu Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

171 Comments

WARNING: WALL OF TEXT BELOW You have been warned

No one asked you to like their translating or typesetter. Its one thing to be a critic, its another to have senseless and brash way of asserting your opinion. Nothing is immune to criticism not even your conceited train of thought.

Would I be as much of a self-deserving prick if I corrected and nit picked everyone if they typed "you're" as "your" because they couldn't live up to my standard of grammar? Would I be as much of a jerk if I told a student to redo an entire essay because it wasn't up to school code? Would I be as much of a self-entitled twat because I can't handle there being a phrase in a foreign language that was explained in the usual T/N note? Yeah. I would be. But then again why would you care when you can just tell people like it is and expect them to deal with it like some mindless drones. If you wanted people to ascertain the fact that you don't care what they think of your opinions then don't reply as if your critique needs to be defended.

There is no "my standard of grammar" that others have to live up to. There's a Grammar Standard for each language, and it is your choice to nitpick about it. It doesn't make you a prick. A student is warned and taught on the basics of writing an essay, so no, it wouldn't make you a jerk to make him redo it. All I get from your so-called argument is that you're calling me a self-entitled twat for telling someone to spare me a useless T/N when it takes less space, less time and less work to just replace the text with its translation.

I'm not defending my critique. I'm attacking the weak and immature "it's free, you don't get to complain" argument.

Hopefully not to continue this flame war for much longer, but if you're voicing your opinion so fervently, why not donate your time to help? If you can prove your worth to most of the groups out there (or even willing to help in some way) I'm sure they'd all appreciate it.

Maybe it would give you a new perspective on the amount of time the staff members of everything you read put in to finishing the product.  After all, no one is Forcing you to eat a free meal.

Even free meals have to meet health standards. And that's exactly my point: T/Ns actually take up more time, more work, more editing, etc. It's like me explaining something to you while having to make pauses because I'm using terms you might not understand during the explanation. And explanation of an explanation. It's ridiculous. Even if it's free, I wouldn't like my work to be evaluated as sloppy. Therefore, even if it's free, I wouldn't do sloppy work. If I can't do good work in a timely manner, I'd rather not do it at all.

Yep, of course.

Well if they didn't ask for any critique then I won't give any, and if I did say something it will became a suggestion, not critique. They're free to do whatever they want either they take our suggestion or ignore it, just like we free to read their scans or not (ps: they're not forcing you to read it rite?). Because they're not taking anything from us as we didn't give anything to them.

They also bear the consequences from losing readers due their poor works, but it's okay, that's their own decision, why bother yourself to concern with their well being? Or are you a tsundere that worried about your lovely scanlators?! OMG PLOT TWIST.

Well in simple words, you want they seriously work hard on this free project? Pay them, that simple.

Tsundere? I hope that's your idea of a joke. You're acting like scanlation groups are made of glass, like they can't handle people not liking their works or criticizing them. You're confusing critique with bashing. I clearly stated why I think it was lazily done. I did not enter into senseless hating. I made a valid point that can be evaluated. Was I abrasive?  Yeah, maybe, but that doesn't make a critique any less valid. Critique is needed to make people grow. It's the reason teachers aren't your friends when evaluating schoolwork, why masters aren't your friends when evaluating your artwork, etc. Critique isn't necessarily harsh, but it's almost never easy to take, either. I'm not even reading this stupid thing anymore, I'm here more for the comments than anything else. You have a point about the scanlators facing the loss of readership, but how will they get donations, helpers and readers if they don't know what they're doing wrong? Provided they even read these comments.

Thank You Japanzai, thanks very much.

nice and good manga romance follow it :D thanks

That because it's free, they don't need to work that hard on it?

Yep, of course.

Well if they didn't ask for any critique then I won't give any, and if I did say something it will became a suggestion, not critique. They're free to do whatever they want either they take our suggestion or ignore it, just like we free to read their scans or not (ps: they're not forcing you to read it rite?). Because they're not taking anything from us as we didn't give anything to them.

They also bear the consequences from losing readers due their poor works, but it's okay, that's their own decision, why bother yourself to concern with their well being? Or are you a tsundere that worried about your lovely scanlators?! OMG PLOT TWIST.

Well in simple words, you want they seriously work hard on this free project? Pay them, that simple.

No intention on reading it if it comes from the same lazy typesetter.

And I DO dare criticize. Something being free doesn't make it immune to critique. If she's doing that many projects, she shouldn't do more projects. Or maybe recruit people. If you pity her that much, how about you help? The cost of entertainment is irrelevant to its quality, and should not influence on its critique. Are you telling me that good scanlation groups shouldn't bother? That because it's free, they don't need to work that hard on it?

Hopefully not to continue this flame war for much longer, but if you're voicing your opinion so fervently, why not donate your time to help? If you can prove your worth to most of the groups out there (or even willing to help in some way) I'm sure they'd all appreciate it.

Maybe it would give you a new perspective on the amount of time the staff members of everything you read put in to finishing the product.  After all, no one is Forcing you to eat a free meal.

And I DO dare criticize. Something being free doesn't make it immune to critique. If she's doing that many projects, she shouldn't do more projects. Or maybe recruit people. If you pity her that much, how about you help? The cost of entertainment is irrelevant to its quality, and should not influence on its critique. Are you telling me that good scanlation groups shouldn't bother? That because it's free, they don't need to work that hard on it?

To be honest, I find the story trite and boring. I'm not going to dump it on the first chapter, though, unless its done badly. I usually give stories like this a chance. But I don't really see this going anywhere.

No one asked you to like their translating or typesetter. Its one thing to be a critic, its another to have senseless and brash way of asserting your opinion. Nothing is immune to criticism not even your conceited train of thought.

Would I be as much of a self-deserving prick if I corrected and nit picked everyone if they typed "you're" as "your" because they couldn't live up to my standard of grammar? Would I be as much of a jerk if I told a student to redo an entire essay because it wasn't up to school code? Would I be as much of a self-entitled twat because I can't handle there being a phrase in a foreign language that was explained in the usual T/N note? Yeah. I would be. But then again why would you care when you can just tell people like it is and expect them to deal with it like some mindless drones. If you wanted people to ascertain the fact that you don't care what they think of your opinions then don't reply as if your critique needs to be defended.

I saw the raws couple months ago, thought it looked interesting......am I the only one who thinks hentai mangakas should leave the extreme ecchi factor to, well, hentai? Don't get me wrong, things like Kiss X Sis, Minamoto-kun Monogatari, and Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou (there's a bunch I can list but those come to mind first) are fine and nice to read, but.....I have no idea where this argument was going

Seriously, you dare to call my cute Ts lazy. Did ever cross your mind that she's doing a lot of projects, not to mention she's doing this on her own free time?

You have no right to complain on FREE entertainment, specially call her lazy....F@ck is wrong with you! And I am 100% sure you're still gonna read this. 

To be honest, I find the story trite and boring. I'm not going to dump it on the first chapter, though, unless its done badly. I usually give stories like this a chance. But I don't really see this going anywhere.

It is that simple. Which is why I stated exactly that somewhere in that post that you obviously didn't read and replied to only to have something to type. 

Seriously, you dare to call my cute Ts lazy. Did ever cross your mind that she's doing a lot of projects, not to mention she's doing this on her own free time?

You have no right to complain on FREE entertainment, specially call her lazy....F@ck is wrong with you! And I am 100% sure you're still gonna read this. 

man that's y i like hentai MC they embrace dammmm boobs instead of the MC in mangas where they r all gay..... or the girls r man draw as girls, i mean been violent and man beaters if u don't get the joke lol. 

anyways i'll still follow..... 

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=41567832

Blah Blah Blah...Don't read it, is that simple.good-job-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862

It is that simple. Which is why I stated exactly that somewhere in that post that you obviously didn't read and replied to only to have something to type. 

That's lazy typesetting, not translating. If it makes you that angry, download the page, open it in your favorite image editor and fix it.

I appreciate the correction. But that's the job they took on themselves, not mine. If it bothers me that much, I'd rather not read it, which is what I'll do.

That I did, could that possibly be a pun in Japanese/English, referencing sissy and another word or something, since the Japanese may tend to not to think of English as a stagnate language? Isn't the Japanese language flexible since there are numerous possible combinations, many that have yet to be used or only in specific locales?

My guess is that the author wanted to kill the ambiguity given by "-nee" and simply made a mistake while doing so. If the woman winds up being his sister (or someone he used to consider a sister... some childhood rubbish) then that's the assumption I'll stick with.

What's with the lazy-ass translations?

- Itai!

- Translator's note: Itai = It hurts

Then just replace the text with the meaning!

That's lazy typesetting, not translating. If it makes you that angry, download the page, open it in your favorite image editor and fix it.

I don't read foreign manga to learn a foreign language. If I want to learn a language, I'll do it in other ways. Japanese media, especially manga and anime, uses unconventional words and idioms. Nobody really talks like that without being labeled a weirdo. Nobody in America speaks like cartoon superheroes. Same thing.

A better way to express idioms and the author's intent is to translate and localize (not the same thing), then add a note page at the end of the chapter. Leaving japanese words, especially the simple ones they left, is lazy, unprofessional and sloppy. Your statement about free groups translation better than importers shows how ignorant you are about real translation and localization work. Official studios and their work are the reason imports of series like Gurren Lagann, Cromartie High and Fist of the North Star had such good dubs.

Tell me how "Cum" couldn't have been translated to "relax" and fit the pun better. Tell me how leaving "itai!" instead of "that hurt!" makes me understand this author's work better. Please, go ahead and enlighten me on how sloppy translating instead of dedicated localization helps me "get" the author's intention.

This is a free scanlation, and while I'm grateful for many free scanlations, this does not mean that these groups are immune to critique. In the end, I can always choose to not support their cause by either not reading or not donating if I feel their work is not up to par. And unless this group does a better job on the next chapters, I have no reason to read this until a better group comes around.

Blah Blah Blah...Don't read it, is that simple. good-job-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862

I maybe wrong, but I would say that some people pick up a word of Japanese/Korean here and there precisely because translators leave the original word in and then add a T/N's note.

In my opinion Vyce, a better arguement would against leaving the original, English, text in panels in favour of having Japanese Romaji, Katakana, or Hiragana replace the original text so that the readers would understand the foreign impression intended by the author.

While Japanzai is not my favourite TL group, since I have no favourite, they are on of the better groups.

One more thing, free groups are almost always, at least with translations and sometimes quality, better than "professionals" which shows how apathetic importers are towards their product(s).That I did, could that possibly be a pun in Japanese/English, referencing sissy and another word or something, since the Japanese may tend to not to think of English as a stagnate language? Isn't the Japanese language flexible since there are numerous possible combinations, many that have yet to be used or only in specific locales?

I don't read foreign manga to learn a foreign language. If I want to learn a language, I'll do it in other ways. Japanese media, especially manga and anime, uses unconventional words and idioms. Nobody really talks like that without being labeled a weirdo. Nobody in America speaks like cartoon superheroes. Same thing.

A better way to express idioms and the author's intent is to translate and localize (not the same thing), then add a note page at the end of the chapter. Leaving japanese words, especially the simple ones they left, is lazy, unprofessional and sloppy. Your statement about free groups translation better than importers shows how ignorant you are about real translation and localization work. Official studios and their work are the reason imports of series like Gurren Lagann, Cromartie High and Fist of the North Star had such good dubs.

Tell me how "Cum" couldn't have been translated to "relax" and fit the pun better. Tell me how leaving "itai!" instead of "that hurt!" makes me understand this author's work better. Please, go ahead and enlighten me on how sloppy translating instead of dedicated localization helps me "get" the author's intention.

This is a free scanlation, and while I'm grateful for many free scanlations, this does not mean that these groups are immune to critique. In the end, I can always choose to not support their cause by either not reading or not donating if I feel their work is not up to par. And unless this group does a better job on the next chapters, I have no reason to read this until a better group comes around.

It's good, has potential I guess but I just hope it won't get dropped like Mission! School

So something being free means it can be sloppy? Immune to critique?

But yeah, it's fine, I'll wait for a better scanlator group, or not read it at all.

I maybe wrong, but I would say that some people pick up a word of Japanese/Korean here and there precisely because translators leave the original word in and then add a T/N's note.

In my opinion Vyce, a better arguement would against leaving the original, English, text in panels in favour of having Japanese Romaji, Katakana, or Hiragana replace the original text so that the readers would understand the foreign impression intended by the author.

While Japanzai is not my favourite TL group, since I have no favourite, they are on of the better groups.

One more thing, free groups are almost always, at least with translations and sometimes quality, better than "professionals" which shows how apathetic importers are towards their product(s).

Someone missed the note on page 3: http://img.batoto.net/comics/2013/07/21/h/read51eb611b6aa90/img000003.jpg

That I did, could that possibly be a pun in Japanese/English, referencing sissy and another word or something, since the Japanese may tend to not to think of English as a stagnate language? Isn't the Japanese language flexible since there are numerous possible combinations, many that have yet to be used or only in specific locales?

it's free, why don u translate it since u don like?

So something being free means it can be sloppy? Immune to critique?

But yeah, it's fine, I'll wait for a better scanlator group, or not read it at all.

dem boobs and a tattoo. instafollow!

What is an elder siser?

Maybe sister is what you meant?

Someone missed the note on page 3: http://img.batoto.net/comics/2013/07/21/h/read51eb611b6aa90/img000003.jpg

Dem Boobs. Followed

What is an elder siser?

Maybe sister is what you meant?

can i ask which anime is that?

Asura Cryin

What's with the lazy-ass translations?

- Itai!

- Translator's note: Itai = It hurts

Then just replace the text with the meaning! If they screwed up the *central* "nuite" pun, they might as well go ahead and translate everything.

it's free, why don u translate it since u don like?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics