Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.57 - 149votes)

Genshiken Nidaime - The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture II

Alt Names: alt げんしけん: 二代目alt 现视研2alt 现视研二代目alt Genshiken 2alt Genshiken IIalt Genshiken Nidaimealt Genshiken: 2nd Generationalt Genshiken: Second Generation
Author: Kio Shimoku
Artist: Kio Shimoku
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Genshiken follows the lives of a group of college students drawn together by their shared hobbies, and the trials and adventures associated with being otaku.

Genshiken Nidaime ("Second Generation") is a continuation of the previous series, with chapter numbering starting at 57.
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/genshiken-the-society-for-the-study-of-modern-visual-culture-r961)

Spin-Off:

> Ramen Tenshi Pretty Menma
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/ramen-tenshi-pretty-menma-r6171)

Alternate Story:

> Spotted Flower
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/spotted-flower-r2152)
Go to Genshiken Nidaime - The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture II Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window WorstWaifu
  • 3 Replies
Topic I can hardly find any fanfiction for this series! New Window captainkitten
  • 13 Replies
Topic Why, oh why Kio Shimoku? New Window cloudbill
  • 11 Replies
Topic Madarame X New Window null7
  • 18 Replies
Topic Does Suzanna Hopkins Have A Future? New Window MangaisGood
  • 4 Replies
Topic Who is translating the Genshiken Nidaime now? New Window EbonyRaven
  • 2 Replies

814 Comments

I really love this nidaime with a lot of twist and a lot of new chara. Don't stop! please continue!
I like it. Never thought I would read this kind of manga where it aboout a skool club & be this interested in it. Even tho the 2nd generation is good I still like the 1st generation better.Well mayb cuz they rarely show Saki & her boyfriend & the others in the 2nd one.I still hope this 2nd generation updates new more chapters tho. Does this manga still continue new updates?
man, when is it sues turn to get some time in the spotlight?
I mean shes one of those characters that we haven't got to know much about at all, and I'm interested in her character.
Maybe it's because the author don't know much about foreign otakus that we haven't got to know more about them in the story?
also It just struck me, have we ever got to read what sue is thinking?
Granted it was intended to end. But if you're going to make more, bringing in new characters is the way to do it. I've been in clubs a bit like this; that's how it goes.
So if you don't want more because it was supposed to end, then it doesn't matter whether it's all the same characters or new different ones, the problem is that it's a lame continuation of something whose beauty lay in timely closure. In which case, by all means don't read it. And don't bug me if I do want to read it.
If you do want more, then complaining that it's being done this particular way is off, because this is the way it should be done.
I'm guessing hato admired the new girl and tried to look like her.

MrPoogly, they're graduates. That's how it works. The torch gets passed, and things aren't quite the same. That's why this is a new series, not just a continuation of the old. Go figure, Genshiken's realistic.

You say that like this was all planned out from the start and that this second series isn't ad hoc due to popular demand. Genshiken was originally meant to end and now we are stuck with second-string characters. The irony is during Sasahara's job interview he told the manga editor that Kujibiki Unbalance pretty much had ended after the previous class graduated.
I always wanted to know how fujiyoshi thing starts in girls hearts and heads so Genshiken Nidaime is quite educational, he hehe. And I really love that Kucchi is more and more tossed away - I hate that guys guts! And, well, Sue, the ultimate cock-blocker is ready to un-action!
MrPoogly, they're graduates. That's how it works. The torch gets passed, and things aren't quite the same. That's why this is a new series, not just a continuation of the old. Go figure, Genshiken's realistic.
is saki still going out with kouska, it didn't seem like they were in a relationship and it was kinda one-sided on saki part. I like the new series though I think the series in a whole focused on the aspects of male and female otaku/fugioshi fandom.
Man, this series is getting awkwaaarrrdddd, it's probably all leading up to something though...
This series really has jumped the shark. I look for the other graduates every chapter but instead we get treated to the BL fan-club.
... I miss Saki and Madarame's interaction =(
always have a good laugh every chapter :)
Whatcha gonna say about Genshiken? Unique, definitely. Excellent, sure. Realistic--well, yeah, it has a "stuff this weird could only happen in real life" feeling about it. Nerdy--par excellence! Geeky college otaku with all kinds of weird fetishes whether sexual or not hanging around at a college club for otaku stuff, doing their thing, having relationships, being dysfunctional and funny.
It's pretty cool.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics