Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.57 - 149votes)

Genshiken Nidaime - The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture II

Alt Names: alt げんしけん: 二代目alt 现视研2alt 现视研二代目alt Genshiken 2alt Genshiken IIalt Genshiken Nidaimealt Genshiken: 2nd Generationalt Genshiken: Second Generation
Author: Kio Shimoku
Artist: Kio Shimoku
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Genshiken follows the lives of a group of college students drawn together by their shared hobbies, and the trials and adventures associated with being otaku.

Genshiken Nidaime ("Second Generation") is a continuation of the previous series, with chapter numbering starting at 57.
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/genshiken-the-society-for-the-study-of-modern-visual-culture-r961)

Spin-Off:

> Ramen Tenshi Pretty Menma
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/ramen-tenshi-pretty-menma-r6171)

Alternate Story:

> Spotted Flower
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/spotted-flower-r2152)
Go to Genshiken Nidaime - The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture II Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window WorstWaifu
  • 3 Replies
Topic I can hardly find any fanfiction for this series! New Window captainkitten
  • 13 Replies
Topic Why, oh why Kio Shimoku? New Window cloudbill
  • 11 Replies
Topic Madarame X New Window null7
  • 18 Replies
Topic Does Suzanna Hopkins Have A Future? New Window MangaisGood
  • 4 Replies
Topic Who is translating the Genshiken Nidaime now? New Window EbonyRaven
  • 2 Replies

814 Comments

And in the span of that second, Madarame had three strokes.
Finally, then we can move onto more Mada and Hato. Perfect, see how everyone saw it coming and knew what was going on.
Madarame, the story's punching bag. No wonder he doesn't come around much. I wouldn't either. Also I'd donkey punch Kaminga and knock the fuck out of Hato. That little blushing shit is the most tiresome of the bunch.
@this chapter, sucks to madarame
I feel terribly old reading this... I was just like Sasahara in the beginning years ago and now...
I'm hoping Spotted Flower really is an allusion to a shared future between Saki and Madarame. I really like his character--possibly my favorite in the entire male cast (from season 1 and 2), so I hope the author has a heart and hands him a happy ending.
But Hato x Mada would be really something even in the Genshiken terms of pairings. Yet Sue is really great character which enriches the story and she is small and flat which is obviously a plus on her. But from the other hand, Angela is iconic saint Madonna for the Genshiken ota fanbase and Angela x Mada would be really well pulled dream come true pairing for most of the fans though it would twist Madarames personality (just like Saki-san said).

Manga-ka just pushed already top tier story into another, higher level. Mark my words, anime season 3 is lurking somewhere in not so far away future!
Are genshiken going to come out more often now?
That would be AWESOME :D

Also I am hoping for Sue x Mada
Sorry Hato, I like you to but Sue is a funnier character :)
Still Hato x Mada would also be great gaaaaaahhhh I don't know which I want, couldn't we just get both?
I think that this second season is as interesting as the first one. I love the complexity behind Hato's character. I have a good overview of all the characters but globally they all need development except Hato because the story focuses too much on him.
Everytime when Saki appear the mood always become more lively & funny since she tease ppl... Btw I hope next chapter her bf show up
[quote][so is the old mc's sister a prostitute./quote]
[quote]@swimmingsand i think is it hostess[/quote]

I think most hostesses in Japan are like super cocktail waitresses whose service is to stay at the table to talk and drink (watered down) cocktails with customers.
It's just another way of pulling Yen out of a customer's wallet. I think Sasahara's Sis is probably good at keeping a "party" atmosphere.
@swimmingsand i think is it hostess
Not as interesting as the first one
Well at least Saki was almost right. Sue or Angela...
Spoiler

Hato...
Spoiler
so is the old mc's sister a prostitute.
I just now found out there's more Genshiken. The comments make me a bit worried, but I LOVE Genshiken, so I hope this sequel is good!
What a great chapter... Hato is not admitting it, but didn't he fantasize about him and Madarame together (Madarame as uke!) many chapter back? Or was it only to write a manga...
Sue is so cute... My main reason for reading this now haha,
as much as i love genshiken, i really wish i understood all those references/memes. otaku level: insufficient
Who is Sue cosplaying though?
Sue use Kiss
It's super effective!

A wild Saki appears.

Sorry,, couldn't help it.
I wonder if I'm the only one who root for MadaSue since beginning? xD
ah great chapter, I wait this for long time, thanks translator.
now Madarame is lead ahead from other boys with his harem :D
<quote>Oddly enough I wouldn't mind the Madarame/Sue pairing.</quote>

Well I wanted the Angela route myself, Sue could work for me too. I remember in the old series, Sue wanted Madarame to carry her during the New Year's Shrine visit. I thought then just maybe....
From one end of the spectrum to next for poor Madarame. Oddly enough I wouldn't mind the Madarame/Sue pairing. It sure is a helluva a lot better than the Hato stuff they keep throwing in our faces...
Funny how I read ch.75, and am just finishing up Pokemon Conquest...O.o

Timely reference!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics