Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 144votes)

Kasane (MATSUURA Daruma)

Alt Names: alt 累 ──かさね──alt 累 深红累之渊alt 累(かさね)alt Kasane - La Voleuse de visagesalt Once Againalt Касане
Author: Matsuura Daruma
Artist: Matsuura Daruma
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningDrama DramaHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Beautiful people are loved and revered. They have everything they desire right at their fingertips...
Even if that beauty is a complete illusion.

Before Kasane's mother died, she was given a special tube of lipstick from her mother. She was told that if times ever got really really hard, she should wear the lipstick and kiss whatever she really desires.

But is this keepsake a blessing? Or a curse?

@darumaym (Author Twitter)
http://evening.moae.jp/lineup/266 (Official site)

Now available in English digitally from Kodansha USA!
https://kodanshacomics.com/series/kasane/
Go to Kasane (MATSUURA Daruma) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

202 Comments

Huh...

Woah this is trully really great. Honestly i pity both of the girls. But i dislike them at the same time. But for me Nina is still more forgiveable than Kasane. AAAAAAAAAND THE COVERS ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL! vol 3's is my favorite.

They should really just chain Nina up in the basement or something.

I don't even know on whose side I am anymore. Both Ninas are very flawed and yet you can sympathize with both to some degree.
And yeah, I agree that the real Nina didn't sleep with the guy since the foreshadowing was pretty strong that he would be able to distinguish between them both.

That's what I like of this work. It's hard to find stories nowadays where the protagonist is actually doing the dirty work to make a progress. Most of the time fictional characters are so damn heroic - making wise life choices, saying only white lies, murders justified for good.

Wow this is one heavy and twisted story. Been an enthralling read up to this point.

Spoiler

I don't even know on whose side I am anymore. Both Ninas are very flawed and yet you can sympathize with both to some degree.
And yeah, I agree that the real Nina didn't sleep with the guy since the foreshadowing was pretty strong that he would be able to distinguish between them both.

Omake added to end of chapter 17.

Can't she, like, have a face reconstruction. A simple cosmetic surgery.

I discussed potential reasons for her to not opt for surgery a few pages back. Though the one I settled on is simply "if she did, we wouldn't have a story."

Just in time for the new year. "New year, new me"

She'll be rich enough to afford surgery however that leaves records and paper trail, before ops and post ops. Doesn't matter if before ops were someone else's face, the fact there is a before ops picture can be a blemish. It'll be like a rose with one petal completely dark and decayed.

She would be a talented star but she wouldn't have the mystique and allure to match her mother's success.

Even so, she should have the surgery and avoid years of pain.

Isn't it expensive?
Plus you need to do it again every ten years or so

Just found this series , and holy shit it was good.

Well, that would depend on her desire while kissing the deer..

I don't think it actually has anything to do with desire. I think it just happens automatically. Based on this: 

https://www.facebook.com/daikiscantrad/photos/pb.313336852069348.-2207520000.1447686524./516612268408471/?type=3&theater

(the comic by author, but was too lazy to find original source.)

I wonder what would happen if she wore the lipstick and kissed a deer...

Well, that would depend on her desire while kissing the deer..

Honestly, this is the most enjoyment I've ever gotten out of any series. I follow this so closely, as I see myself in it. I'm more than elated for its return and updates, and seeing more and more people get intrigued by it means there's hope that this won't be dropped. 

Spoiler

Please don't make this into a tragedy. I hope for Kasane to have a happy ending.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Well, that was kinda surprising.

Here's the drama now:

Spoiler

Damn.

Spoiler

OMG YES! Chapter 11 is like that guy that's late to a party, and you can't start the party without everyone being present. I can finally read 12 to 15 now.

I had it up before but idk what happened. Whoops.

OMG YES! Chapter 11 is like that guy that's late to a party, and you can't start the party without everyone being present. I can finally read 12 to 15 now.

Mmm... Why she didn't just tell Kasane to prohibit her from taking over her love life? Instead of doing something like that.

Probably because Kasane wasn't exactly open about going at it with the director either.

Oh baby, new chapter

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics