Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.31 - 32votes)

Nagi no Asukara

Alt Names: alt 凪のあすからalt Calm from Tomorrowalt La Calma de Mañanaalt NagiAsu: A Lull in the Sea
Author: Project-118
Artist: Maeda Risou
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A story between the Sea and the Earth. Childhood friends Hikari and Manaka, who live in the sea, together with their friends Kaname and Chisaki, are forced to attend school on land after their own undersea school is closed. But due to a special encounter, their lives gain a new twist.
Go to Nagi no Asukara Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

51 Comments

axy3qs.png

Man, these eyes.

Umm is this good?

I feel there is mixed opinion of this manga

Meh .... Wish the monthly lottery numbers were as predictable as this.

Childhood friend is going to lose? Well that's a surprise! 

Not... why do you do this Japan?

Familiarity breeds contempt, or at least invisibility.

Childhood friend is going to lose? Well that's a surprise! 

Not... why do you do this Japan?

I didn't notice that Pig Rabbit had posted their Spanish version of chapter 2 last week until just now.  Comparing their translation with mine, I think I can say fairly that both of us made minor mistakes.  Emphasis on minor.  The really tricky stuff about this chapter both of us agreed on . . . without there having been any coordination between us at all.  Which, given that we were using Japanese raws, and they Chinese raws, is a minor miracle.

Chapter #2 translated, but most of the rest of the work of scanlation needs to be done.  There's "only" 45 pages in this next chapter, so we might get it ready quicker this time.

wow i can alreadysee where this is heading

Why does there always have to be somebody who, upon seeing the first chapter of any new series . . . even something that will be an anime shown for general audiences . . . has to declare that the series is going to be NTR?  Such assertions get tiresome after a while, and only reflect upon the person making them...

I might be wrong, but for some reason this story reeks of ntr.

Spoiler

nobody really cares about you just talk to much. . . .

even if u cry or throw your computer, hit ur head with a baseball bat.... dude nothing will change... it's part of the plot and it's early to judge the first chapter/episode thats why there is something called "character's development"

You're right about that but I'll refuse to read it based on the first chapter, not until it's finished and after I'll read the comments and evaluations. 

The only reason I wrote about this is simple; there were plenty of mangas, animes and so on, that ended up in regret. I am one of those who'd like to avoid having regret after reading or watching something. If someone warns me or gives certain info about the manga or w.e... I am thankful for atleast knowing what's about before I get in to it.

Plus, if I considered this really bad... I wouldn't even comment or start to read it. The fact is that the plot, art and some of the characters pulled me in. Though, I find it plausible to state what I dislike and those with similar like and dislikes would agree and those with different.. will disagree.

It's good and bad that fiction and what other people create pulls you in. The fact that you get emotional, is that you care. So what's wrong getting enraged when something makes me do so?

I love these kinds of romance anime/manga where it just feels so magical. The ambient atmosphere, the history behind their world, characters at tribulations with each other, love and drama, the kinds of differences they have... such a heartwarming feeling.

As for the character design and artwork, its really nice. All of them are pretty adorable.

Reminds me of Ano Natsu. Looking forward to the anime even more!

Thanks to Vortex for scanlating this release!

Voice cast of anime

Manaka Mukaido - Kana Hanazawa
Hikari Sakishima - Natsuki Hanae

Tsumugu Kihara - Kaito Ishikawa

Chisaki Hiradaira - Ai Kayano

Kaname Isaki - Ryouta Ohsaka

The artwork is great but the heroine Manaka is just the type that get on my nerves. Kyouko once said: "if you think that whenever a child or women cries, somebody comes rushing to help... you're entirely wrong! Don't be naive!"

I hate characters who make themselves by acting crying as a victim and a drama queen. Always vulnerable , weak and crying... so irritating, It eats my nerves away how useless and yet they are worshiped. 

If you're the innocent type, it's ok but the ignorance of certain characters is just ugly.

even if u cry or throw your computer, hit ur head with a baseball bat.... dude nothing will change... it's part of the plot and it's early to judge the first chapter/episode thats why there is something called "character's development"

The artwork is great but the heroine Manaka is just the type that get on my nerves. Kyouko once said: "if you think that whenever a child or women cries, somebody comes rushing to help... you're entirely wrong! Don't be naive!"

I hate characters who make themselves by acting crying as a victim and a drama queen. Always vulnerable , weak and crying... so irritating, It eats my nerves away how useless and yet they are worshiped. 

If you're the innocent type, it's ok but the ignorance of certain characters is just ugly.

That chapter was a lot of work.  Congrats to Yoshimatsu for sticking with it, even when his internet connection went on the fritz for a while.

We already have the raws for the next two chapters.  It is published in the monthly Dengeki Daioh.

The PV is published a year ago ?

But the character artwork seems adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAc9KKUMTAc

wait so is this an anime adapted to a manga or the other way around lol?

I guess it is manga adaptation of the anime. Well, this always happen for original work anime movie

Ty for scanlating this Vortex scans :D
Poor childhood friend, Its never gonna work out for him...

Spoiler

So it begins...nice start. Ty for update and I can't wait for the Fall premiere of this!

Looks good.

They're both being done at the same time, as a coordinated project between Dengeki Daioh and P.A.Works.

2013/07/02 15:00 - Translation ready in English.  Pages already cleaned.  Let's see how quickly we can get it finished up.

We're about half-way done doing this in English . . . not from the Spanish version here but independently.  We had no idea anybody else was working on it...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics