Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 209votes)

Marginal Operation

Alt Names: alt マージナル・オペレーション
Author: Shibamura Yuri
Artist: Kimura Daisuke
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHorror HorrorSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A 30-year-old Japanese NEET joins a PMC in the Middle East and becomes the handler of some soldiers.

Adapted from the novel series of the same name.
Go to Marginal Operation Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Light Novel Translations Link New Window Alph
  • 1 Replies
Topic Marginal Operation RAW New Window Nefrytone
  • 9 Replies

269 Comments

Wow almost still a lot of raw ch.

The simulation game that MC plays actually looks quite interesting. Are there any actual games like that?

http://www.frozensynapse.com/

Not really fond of the scanlator page at the end asking for donations and posting rl pics (Not sure if it's from someone in staff doing fanservice or just random google results...)

But, I got intrigued, interesting story, and I now want to read more, loving the 'Japanese guy in foreign place trying to learn the language' more than the 'Enders Game' vibe, though

ak only do mangas worthy of their translation ;)

Not really fond of the scanlator page at the end asking for donations and posting rl pics (Not sure if it's from someone in staff doing fanservice or just random google results...)

But, I got intrigued, interesting story, and I now want to read more, loving the 'Japanese guy in foreign place trying to learn the language' more than the 'Enders Game' vibe, though

Enders game style twist is so obvious. Still awesome to read though.

hoorah, kill those blips :P

Enjoying it, from the current viewpoint they've shown anyways. It's interesting, and not too over-the-top. I like his friendship with the, ah, (what's a polite term?) pleasure girl in town, that's an interesting dynamic.
And pretty damn funny, when you think about it. $100/hr to not do her job.
Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Spoiler

I have a feelings that he's operating with real human life in balance...

Me too, all those "Treat it like a test", "Be careful", "Give it your all" reminds me of Ender games

Everytime I read /ak/ scanlation's work, I have this urge to send them money. Must have been the guns.

He really really sucks at smiling...

The series is rather interesting... but I REALLY want to know why nobody explains where the elf came from!

I just assume its someone wearing ear things or whom had plastic surgery

I have a feelings that he's operating with real human life in balance...

The series is rather interesting... but I REALLY want to know why nobody explains where the elf came from!

Interesting, but I don't see this going anywhere. "Military" (I use that broadly) stories usually don't go in depth because few authors ever experience live combat.

Those that do? Well. Theres a reason why their books aren't popular.

It's a fiction, lots of stuff don't even makes sense in this manga compared to the real world.. let alone those brown lolis..

And few japanese ever involved in this pmc stuff.. unfortunately one of them is captured for ransom few months ago by ISIS which broadcasted worldwide

Though the guy turned out to be a self-styled one-man operation pmc

The simulation game that MC plays actually looks quite interesting. Are there any actual games like that?

Yep, Reading this(esp Chap 2 and 3) reminded me of the story called Ender's Game. Playing and tactical planning in the consoles unaware that...well, just read the book or watch the film to know the rest. 

I believe you're correct. The Author/Artist might have been inspired by Ender's Game thus the manga has a similar feeling. I wonder if at this stage they're actually in command of these units or if it will appear in later chapters. Learning English might be the key to mystery as he might be talking to the units themselves in the future. Should be worth a follow.

Yep, Reading this(esp Chap 2 and 3) reminded me of the story called Ender's Game. Playing and tactical planning in the consoles unaware that...well, just read the book or watch the film to know the rest. 

The filler is proportional so far, made me intrgued more.

chp 3 is out, oh well, not here yet,

and those some face of our MC got in last page

sorry to say this but the face is creepy

so with that i'm good for more chapter in near future :D

For anyone interested in LN http://neettranslations.wordpress.com/

By the way it seems it takes place around year 2022-2023

(check passport issue date in vol 2 character sheet in LN)

http://img.pl/kPLg

Interesting, but I don't see this going anywhere. "Military" (I use that broadly) stories usually don't go in depth because few authors ever experience live combat.

Those that do? Well. Theres a reason why their books aren't popular.

Based on the snippet leading the first chapter, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being as much "fantasy" as "military" in tone, despite the setting and trappings.

Still, regardless of destination, good psychological mind-messing so far. And major props to the author for convincingly penning an utterly banal sequence of events leading to an utterly normal NEET signing up with a PMC.

Or just bad writing on the mangakas part

Re-read first chapter, they even made joke about that in it.

No one is going to comment on the fact that he memorized everything she said and later wrote it down phonetically back in camp?

This is impressive as is for something that took part hours before.

Even MORE so because of his emotional status at the time, the events that happened IMMEDIATELY after she said it, and the fact that he had other thoughts present at his foremind after the aforementioned events.

This guy might be a freaking genius. (Or photographic memory)

Or just bad writing on the mangakas part

ahhh i always think of hei in darker than black when ever i look at the MC for some reason is it just me or....

No one is going to comment on the fact that he memorized everything she said and later wrote it down phonetically back in camp?

This is impressive as is for something that took part hours before.

Even MORE so because of his emotional status at the time, the events that happened IMMEDIATELY after she said it, and the fact that he had other thoughts present at his foremind after the aforementioned events.

This guy might be a freaking genius. (Or photographic memory)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics