Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.91 - 57votes)

Sporting Salt

Alt Names: alt Sporting Salt -Shioya no Kaibougaku-alt SPORTING SALT-塩谷の解剖学-
Author: Kubota Yuuto
Artist: Kubota Yuuto
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiMedical MedicalSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shioya really likes to help sportsmen, to the point that he is weirdly fascinated by them. He has a dream of becoming best sports doctor in the world, and he is already quite good at it even though he is still in high school.
Go to Sporting Salt Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic What takes to make this a popular manga? New Window mrponeis
  • 0 Replies

67 Comments

honestly I'm not expecting this to last very long. but I guess it can cover a few different types of sports.

Rather than focusing on just a tennis club it's now going to be all sports, kind of disappointed.

It makes much more sense, and was exactly to be expected from the oneshot. The 1shot built the MC as a sports physician (and musculoskeletal system maniac), not a tennis medic. He just happened to help the tennis club. That the main series goes around various sports is a logical followup to the 1-shot (and a good one too, team medic for a high-school would be hard to make interesting without dropping the MC to "part of the main cast").

I actually like where this is all going. The characters aren't overly complex, but they aren't bad either. And I really like the author's humor.

The one shot story might have been dull, but the characters, especially the MC I enjoyed a lot more previously. I would have preferred if they kept him and just put him in the "rework" Rather than focusing on just a tennis club it's now going to be all sports, kind of disappointed.

The old MC was able to actually help the girls with their problems and was already good at what he does, this new mc is lackluster, but aspires to be a good doctor. So it went from someone who had all the skills and knowledge to one that has knowledge but will gain more skills and knowledge over time. 

tl;dr New MC has less appeal and is a novice, old story was better even if dull.

@ Bold, so like every single human being on the planet?

The one shot story might have been dull, but the characters, especially the MC I enjoyed a lot more previously. I would have preferred if they kept him and just put him in the "rework" Rather than focusing on just a tennis club it's now going to be all sports, kind of disappointed.

The old MC was able to actually help the girls with their problems and was already good at what he does, this new mc is lackluster, but aspires to be a good doctor. So it went from someone who had all the skills and knowledge to one that has knowledge but will gain more skills and knowledge over time. 

tl;dr New MC has less appeal and is a novice, old story was better even if dull.

Hm... As for me it was boring. I think this kind of plot isn't something for me. But I think this would be good for kids, 'cuz it has such easy drawing and humor. Ecchi will make elders like it. The thing I liked here was the thing about talking of some medical stuff. But I think that it's not good enough for Jump, hope they'll improve it enough and make more unstandartd.

I more like the one-shot mc than this but the story itself still insteresting so.....

Folowed

Pokemon Omega Ruby!? Wha!? How Lucky... and all you have to do is move

the only thing i can point out was this manga has to many unnecessary fan service, come on im a guy but too much of that doesnt makes any sense its kinda annoying but oh well thats my opinion though, great plot originality though and the art was awesome just hoping that the mangaka makes it more interesting though hehe 

You mean like..................emergency breast inplants using muscles to strengthen the chest area which will somehow make playing tennis easier for girls? Interesting proposition..............

Seems like a case of Hayao Miyazaki syndrome

Hayao Miyazaki likes short haired girls, but sometimes he will draw girls with long hair(eg:Shita from Laputa) which at some climax will result in her having short hair.

I am sure this mangaka will eventually get the MC to a point where his hair will go spiky later.................

WTF just happened? The new design looks so wimpy ugh.

The oneshot is waaaay better atm.

why change the model of the main char?? his spiky hair in the oneshot was his signature

This happened.

wtf? everything downgraded! 

I side with the "spiky hair was better" faction.

I like the oneshot better, but I'll see where the serialization goes.

yea

Followed!

why change the model of the main char?? his spiky hair in the oneshot was his signature

true i liked the old MC better but I am happy to see this serialized so I can adjust to the new shota one.(the old one was cooler though)

YES! Its serialized!
Thanks for the new chapter!
But I must say, I liked him better as the chairman with long spiky hair.

Yeah! Finally serialized! im rooting for it!

No longer a one shot, this manga just got serialized!

A cross between a medical manga and a sports manga.

Personally, I think this would be a rather interesting thing if serialized, but it would need a lot more creativity to pull it off well enough to not get axed later.

Unfortunately, I don't see this mangaka really pulling that off.

Its a shame he has no other series, the chibis are really cute!

the only thing i can point out was this manga has to many unnecessary fan service, come on im a guy but too much of that doesnt makes any sense its kinda annoying but oh well thats my opinion though, great plot originality though and the art was awesome just hoping that the mangaka makes it more interesting though hehe 

What fanservice? There are no panty shots at all, and you can't count the tennis outfits during the tournament since that's a normal part of the outfit, not their panties. I do think the artist needs to work on his ability to make a womans chest less defined when wearing a top since it looks like every piece of clothing is a few sizes small.

More than likely if this got serialized you'd see a few changes to make it easier to stretch the story out and make it more interesting. Heck, you want to see a change from Oneshot to serialization, check out Bleach's Oneshot. So if this did get turned into a weekly manga, I'd bet you'd see some things altered from his editors input.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics