Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.54 - 54votes)

Komomo Confiserie

Alt Names: alt こももコンフィズリーalt 胡桃的糖果
Author: Minami Maki
Artist: Minami Maki
Genres: Comedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaRomance RomanceShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Komomo is a spoilt princess who enjoys bossing her servants around. She has taken a particular liking to Natsu, the son of her family's favourite patissier; so the poor boy has to endure every one of her whims until his family moves away to France.
Years later, Komomo's family has lost their social standing, and the inexperienced girl is left in the care of strangers. Around the same time, Natsu returns to Japan as an acclaimed patissier. How will their paths cross after their lives and positions have changed so much?
Go to Komomo Confiserie Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

120 Comments

Spoiler

Man, i love her so much for this straightforwardness and honesty!!!
And god damn, 3 chapters!!! Thanks so much Aqua scans!!!

Always nice to come across a supra-par shoujo.

Guys! If you have the chance, please purchase volume 2, It's full of goodies and totally worths the money!

Volume 2 also includes:

• Extra info about each of the confections of the story.
  • Layout of Meli-Melo.
  • Layout of the city of the story.
  • 2 omake stories: One about Natsu creeping the hell out of Rise and another about Komomo's old part-time job.
  • Extra illustrations (Can you imagine Komomo as a rock star?!).
  • Author comments.

I have read manga volumes in which the author doesn't even sign the thing! Minami Maki worked really hard on this one! Which brings me back to the original point: Buy the original! Support the author!

PS. I dunno if you already cheacked it out but Komomo has a CD Drama. What did you think about it? I loved Komomo's voice! For some reason it was soooooooooooooo adorable for me!!

I was a little iffy about what I felt about this manga since I usually dislike sadists but absolutely loved Komomo but those batch of chapters really sealed the deal for me. Definitely an adorable manga and I'm glad that I stuck to it :D

LOOK ALIVE NATSU

Spoiler

I hope you guys are ready for a super Komomo special. Remember to check our blog later tonight! Manga chapters is not the only thing we got for you!!

http://aquascans.wordpress.com/

i don't get why more people don't sympathize with natsu more.

like, making loli cry, and watching all their expressions, and how they squirm : it's all super cute. 

No doubt, but it's evil.

Look, you can't have it both ways--if you enjoy seeing person A hurt person B, what's wrong with seeing person A get hurt?  Are you wondering why we don't have compassion for person A as you invoke the aesthetic pleasures of having zero compassion for person B?

I don't mind a bit of evil in my fiction, but I have no respect if them as dish it out think it's just terrible if they have to take it.

Man, this mangas rlly got a lot more interesting! Originally the main protag didnt rlly appeal to me but now her naivete and straightforwardness is winning me over xD
Not to mention the fact that her being teased is absolutely adorable :D

Jeebus, that page 20 is golden.

This is one of those times I'm grateful for a new character - that guy better get off his ass.

This manga is interesting he actually loves her but hides it and she loves him but doesn't realize it yet. His bullying is nothing more than a charade to get his stubborn, spoiled, formerly rich childhood friend to learn how to live normally in the real world.  

i don't get why more people don't sympathize with natsu more.

like, making loli cry, and watching all their expressions, and how they squirm : it's all super cute. it's cuter than cute, it's seriously seriously cute. 
everything they do is super super cute, why would you not want to experience all of that, why would you not want to experience every form of that cuteness possible.

and it's pretty obvious they love each other, even if they won't admit it or don't even realize it themselves!

OK, recent chapters are winning me over.  This latest one was hilarious, and it moves away from the basic him-abusing/teaching-her story.  Plus, the relationship between them has been very much him on top, it was major funny to see him losing his grip on the situation.

Spoiler

Just saying, maybe you should be grateful for the fact that they are doing translations. It's not like they are doing this for money. Try to show a bit more appreciation.

Agreed. If you don't like the translation, that doesn't mean you need to praise the scanlators. But completely unconstructive criticism like "the translation is awful" just chips away at the scanlators' resolve. It's selfish to make a comment like that when you aren't doing anything to make it worth their time.

Ugh. The translation is awful.

Just saying, maybe you should be grateful for the fact that they are doing translations. It's not like they are doing this for money. Try to show a bit more appreciation.

Komomo speaks in third person. And Rise also did when she appeared for the first time. It might be hella annoying but that's how she speaks.

I really hope she stops doing that but that's just my preference. :/

Ugh. The translation is awful.

Has anybody told you that you might be a jerk?

Dunno, depends.  Does this count, or are you just wondering if it's ever happened?

I could conceivably imagine myself making "better" recommendations (and it seems you also allow Josei). But Shoujo are like confectionery. Let's not try to compare chocolate to ice cream.
The highlights of this series are, of course, the diabetes-inducing art and Komomo. I wholeheartedly support the boy. Seeing the little lady squirm, cry, supplicate, boast, and smile ever so tenderly Helping her out is all so worth going back home. You don't leave your loved ones hanging. Man got his priorities in life right.

It had totally slipped my mind that Kuragehime is Josei. The characters are/seem so young. My bad.
The general point remains: If this shoujo impresses FrenchLegend, wait till he gets a load of the good stuff. Because when it comes to this particular one, I stand by my opinion: It's not terrible, but it's far from great. Sorry, but my criticisms stand as far as I'm concerned--it's thin, both the situation and characters are implausible, the characters are two dimensional. And I might add, cardinal sin for a shoujo, I don't find the emotions very heartfelt or moving.
Although I suppose the thing is, this is a shoujo that so far at least is unusually shounen-like. For a shounen fan, that's no doubt a good thing. I tend not to like shounen, so it doesn't grab me so hugely.
I won't say it doesn't have redeeming features. There are good things about it.  And at that, I think it's getting better as it goes along.

Wow. I was thinking how annoying and boring this is to read, then things clicked into place.

-I think the best part of Komomo is how well she takes punishments, like wearing the bag. After that her main good points are being pretty and being sincere/"stupid." I find her similar to Sakurako from YuruYuri? At least in the beginning?

-Narrative-wise, I think Yuri as a character is introduced early, although it makes sense. I like Komomo with him more than with Natsu (not romantically).

Grazie della correzione ^^ è un progetto carino ma lei che parla di se stessa in terza persona ahahahahahahahaha orribile :P

Molto carino il progetto ma come mai ci sono le scan in giapponese del terzo capitolo?

Scusa,e' stato un errore mio,provvedo subito a sistemare.^^

Thank you AQUA scans!
You guys are always so hard working ;u;

Molto carino il progetto ma come mai ci sono le scan in giapponese del terzo capitolo?

Really?  No offense to this, but wait until you read a really good shoujo.

Go try Kuragehime or Kimi ni Todoke or Sensei! say for instance.

I mean, this is kind of interesting . . .

Has anybody told you that you might be a jerk? I could conceivably imagine myself making "better" recommendations (and it seems you also allow Josei). But Shoujo are like confectionery. Let's not try to compare chocolate to ice cream.

The highlights of this series are, of course, the diabetes-inducing art and Komomo. I wholeheartedly support the boy. Seeing the little lady squirm, cry, supplicate, boast, and smile ever so tenderly Helping her out is all so worth going back home. You don't leave your loved ones hanging. Man got his priorities in life right.

A thank you is a wonderful thing to say that will make both the receiver and the giver feel good. :)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics