Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 54votes)

Madame Petit

Alt Names: alt マダム・プティalt Madam Petit
Author: Takao Shigeru
Artist: Takao Shigeru
Genres: Adventure AdventureHistorical HistoricalMystery MysteryRomance RomanceShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: It's the 1920s and Mariko, age 16, is married to a man 30 years her senior. She is honestly happy to be his wife and really excited to board the Orient express in Turkey on their honeymoon trip. But her life takes a rapid turn when her husband is discovered dead after the first night on board... And that's only the start of Mariko's great adventure.
Go to Madame Petit Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

59 Comments

But the origin is important. Janne is Nordic in origin while Jeanne is French. I'll give you Niram, but I can't see an Indian

Spoiler
being named Color rather than Sapphire. (I'd make a guess that she named him after an Indian restaurant she went to.)

Neelam is listed as a m & f name on behindthename (I know it's probably not the most accurate place), maybe it has some historical use as male? (You know, like in English, Tracy and Ashley used to be mostly male names but now are almost entirely female.) His brother is called Padma (パドマ) (he hasn't appeared yet), which is also listed on that site as m & f but shows mostly female on a Google search. Maybe she did it on purpose, though, because her own name is predominately masculine (It's the name her parents gave her.).

She did do some research for this manga, and even includes a list of references at the end of each volume. I found her manga to be much more historically accurate than most shoujo manga.

Jannu (ジャンヌ) would be the direct romanization of her name. I had also thought it was supposed to be Jeanne. I think that Janne would be pronounced with a Y sound at the beginning, but Jeanne sound pretty close to the Japanese pronunciation (with the J sound at the beginning). I think the nnu is supposed to sound like the long n at the end of Jeanne. 

Why do I get feeling that

Spoiler

Spoiler

Dear me!  This "artist" buys stolen goods, and then says he would return them to the rightful owner, a sixteen year old girl, if she would sleep with him.  He really ought to give up art, return to America, and run for president.

Why do I get feeling that

Spoiler

Sure. Janne is a real name though. Niram is also a word. When you google Neelam, you get females. Maybe the author didn't know it's predominantly a female name and she really did name him Neelam. But we're too far in now

But the origin is important. Janne is Nordic in origin while Jeanne is French. I'll give you Niram, but I can't see an Indian

Spoiler
being named Color rather than Sapphire. (I'd make a guess that she named him after an Indian restaurant she went to.)

what?! my sweet precious child in jail??? ugh! i hope for no redemption story from that woman! 

Shouldn't her name be spelled "Jeanne"? Plus "Niram" should be "Neelam".

Sure. Janne is a real name though. Niram is also a name, it's not a common name but it is usually a boy's name. When you google Neelam, you get females. Maybe the author didn't know it's predominantly a female name and she really did name him Neelam, or she did know and did so anyway. But we're too far in now. When it comes to the romanization of foreign names written in katakana, it can be romanized in various ways

Shouldn't her name be spelled "Jeanne"? Plus "Niram" should be "Neelam".

Wow!  The number of people in this story that should have been strangled at birth just continues to increase.

What! O_O

Oh ... oh man ... just ..... &^$^*(*^%$$%!!!!

Argh!

Ok ... I really want Jane to get what's coming to her now!

Grrrrr.....

Read after you've read chapter 4.

Spoiler

I can't actually tell if Shun
Spoiler

10.0 on the cad meter.  

I am not sure how spoiler warnings work on mobile, so I give fair warning. Go read this little treasure if you haven't already. I am a afraid I am not as understanding of Shuu's actions. There is no reason or situation that excuses what he has done. You don't go and marry a little girl who admires and respects you, just to fake your death and leave her with nothing and very few friends she can lean on. Not mention he broke her heart because she realized she meant nothing to him. This behavoir is the exact opposite of a gentleman. It is inexcusable and makes him no better than those men who marry for money.

@Lor It's ongoing and there's currently seven volumes published in Japan

Does anyone know how long this manga will be?

Man, this poor little girl. I hope things get better for her. They probably won't, they'll probably just get more interesting, but still...

SERIOUSLY?!?!? But, okay, I understand. I understand why, but still... Playing a woman's heart will get you in trouble. Real bad trouble.

Oh....

Oh man.

I ... wonder if fate is going be particularly sharp edged with this situation.

Part of me "understands", but ... ouch. Not good. At all.

Hopefully we will at least get a slash in the guy's conscience. A vigorous slap might not be out of the question, either.

Yeesh.

SERIOUSLY?!?!? But, okay, I understand. I understand why, but still... Playing a woman's heart will get you in trouble. Real bad trouble.

Cliffhangers galore

Plot is intriguing and has a nice pace thus far. I'm also liking the heroine, she's got spunk. She's got a nice combo of cutely getting easily embarrassed while also having a mature sense of dignity and gentleness. Part child, part woman, fitting for a 16 year old so it'll be nice to see how her character grows.

As for people wondering if she's been seduced by the Indian guy already, I'm very confident she hasn't. Reading through the chapters thus far she seems much more irritated with him. At best he may have piqued curiosity. Though it's likely she wasn't romantically in love with her husband, she still loved him as a person and was very earnest and sincere towards him; that along with her own feelings about carrying herself in a dignified manner would strongly indicate she's not the type of girl who would fool around, especially considering the timing. 

Does she get seduced and fucked by the the indian? Even though it's obvious that the guy faked his death. My shoujo senses have already kicked in...

Damn, Mariko is badass. I love her so much

"enjoy the cliffhanger" (Ch 3)

*DYING*

That was good; or maybe it's because I just watched something that hyped me up so I got really hyped about what happened in chapter 2 while reading.....anyway, all these people who have everything to lose in their high society lives. The situation seems a bit cliche (gathering of high soceity and trap them in a murder mystery?) but is actually so original because I haven't read a manga where this sort of situation is the basis of the plot. 

As for "rude" guy...I'm jumping the gun and assuming he's supposed to actually be the most "real" out of all these people because I feel like in almost every high society/power play sort of story there is always this rude guy who appears douchy but is actually telling things as they are while everyone else is a facade.Or of course it can go some other way....Takao Shigeru doesn't disappoint.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics