Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.41 - 27votes)

Major

Alt Names: alt メジャーalt Major – Dramatic Baseball Comicalt 棒球大联盟
Author: Mitsuda Takuya
Artist: Mitsuda Takuya
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenShounen ShounenSports SportsTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shigeharu Honda is a Japanese League batter on the rise. His son Goro is a Little League pitcher who one day hopes to follow in his father's footsteps. Momoko Hoshino, Goro's schoolteacher, is the first woman Shigeharu has been interested in since the death of Goro's mother. The destinies of these three individuals will become intertwined as father and son experience both heartbreak and triumph on the baseball diamond. But when an unspeakable tragedy visits the family, it will take everything they have to pick up the pieces and reclaim their dreams.

Won the 41st Shogakukan Manga Award in the Shounen category.
Go to Major Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic a good pace New Window ernabc
  • 0 Replies

27 Comments

Spanish succeed where English gave up, who knew, still how can a manga this good not be complete on the internet but shity mangas be, i will never understand people priorities.

Because not all of Eien's work has been uploaded because they put them behind really shitty adware websites so it's a pain to bring the releases to batoto unless the scanlators do it themselves.

If you go to eien's "website" then you'll be able to find links to the missing chapters.

Anyway, commenting on actual content: I really forgot how broken Honda was early on in the series, hahah. He at least gets some better competition later on.

I see the last updated chapter was year ago. Seems no scanlation group is going to translate this manga?

Why are random chapters missing...?

Because not all of Eien's work has been uploaded because they put them behind really shitty adware websites so it's a pain to bring the releases to batoto unless the scanlators do it themselves.

If you go to eien's "website" then you'll be able to find links to the missing chapters.

Anyway, commenting on actual content: I really forgot how broken Honda was early on in the series, hahah. He at least gets some better competition later on.

Why are random chapters missing...?

Yeah, spanish rulz

Seems that another group picked it up (So it says on Manga-Updates) We will be dropping the series since they picked i tup ^^;

it's alive

thank you Golden Roze and IcarusX

Looking to pick up the series. If you can translate and or are able to edit please PM me

no more update huh :<

rapidfire release, woo

lol I got myself the entire Major RAW to read after reading this a couple days ago... working on V66 atm.

And yes, there are switch pitchers, the only problem is that they have to switch gloves.  You see it more often (although still rare) on the woman softball side though (the one where they have to pitch underhanded), they'd switch gloves between the innings depending on the upcoming batting order.  The balls are not as fast as the men's leagues, but their control is scary as hell, especially when it breaks just before it gets to the batter, imagine a pitcher that can almost always get inside strikes.  This is also great since their pitch count can pile up with a lower risk of injury of the upper body since the burden is spread to two elbows (I guess more on the shoulders for the men side) instead of just one.  

This has been itching at me for a while.  Now, his dad was a southpaw, but Goro is clearly right-handed.  So why is he pitching left-handed in Mangaholic's credits page?  I've heard of switch-hitting, but switch-pitching?!

Spoiler

This has been itching at me for a while.  Now, his dad was a southpaw, but Goro is clearly right-handed.  So why is he pitching left-handed in Mangaholic's credits page?  I've heard of switch-hitting, but switch-pitching?!

Had a double shot of Mix this weekend as well!  Nice start for baseball manga this week!  Thanks again, Mangaholic!

Thanks so much, Mangaholic, for the recent Major flood!  I was thinking this would be an abandoned project, but now you've given me renewed hope!

Thanks was before reading.  After reading...  Jinkies, Goro is such an adorable 4th grader!  I want to hug him and noogie him and spoil him rotten!  I would have to think I'm developing a shoutacon if I thought he were any cuter!  I need to go look at all the 8-packs in Kubera and re-center my preferences.  Mmmn, Agni...

Thanks Mangaholic

Thanks for picking it up Mangaholic! Some of the best parts of the manga is early on...

Aw hell naw

anyone know if the other volumes are going to get translated? really waiting for this it was super enjoyable would love to see more.

woo, an update from left field, thought this was gonna be ignored T.T

Actually, the anime has 6 seasons, 2 OAV, and an anime film. In case anyone is curious of the sequence, it's:
S1 -> S2 -> S3 -> S4 -> S5 -> S6 -> OAV 2 (The World Series) -> OAV 1

I've read the manga, all 78 volumes (final chapter is 746 or 747, I'm not sure). There are a lot of material got left out, however the anime covered pretty much all the important ones. I still think the manga is better though.
The anime has 5 (At least.) seasons released, and (As far as I know.) they have been subbed. So it is effectively further than the subbed releases of the manga, and even if the anime is not as good as the manga (I haven't read it.), it is still a great story.
75 volumes!?!
only 75 volumes left to scanlate, wish viz would license it

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics