Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 187votes)

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!

Alt Names: alt ¡Señorita Shinosaki, a este paso te volveras Otaku!alt 宅女是如何炼成的alt 篠崎さん気をオタしかに!alt Miss Shinozaki, You Might Turn into An Otaku at This Rate!
Author: Hikawa Shou
Artist: Hikawa Shou
Genres: Comedy ComedySchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenShoujo Ai Shoujo AiSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: With her beautiful looks and outgoing personality, Shinozaki Akina used to be the leader of a group of hotties on the top of a class hierarchy. After her high school debut was delayed, however, she finds herself isolated in the class.

Next to Akina sits Sasamura Kaede, an otaku girl who can turn into a bishoujo with her glasses off. Akina decides to get Kaede out of the otaku life and groom her for a perfect high school life, but the only way to get close to Kaede is for Akina to pretend to be a Precure otaku herself to her chargrin...
Go to Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 1 Replies

416 Comments

NEET SABER LOLL :D

That phrase actually originally came from Genshiken. Or at the very least, this author has a character saying the exact same thing...

"There's no such thing as a girl who hates homos"

P.S. I am neither a girl nor a homophobic, but the sheer phrasal enormity of this phrase has made my brain.exe crash. Hell, I don't even KNOW what phrasal enormity means and I probably have just created a new term, but I feel like it's the only thing that fits, at least after my mind went back to desktop.

ch3 is very fun. Although, I'd want to see the side where shopping goes Akina's way. Also I want Akina to really start noticing that other girl and make friends with her so they're a trio.

fujioshi.....

Dat fandom:

Spoiler

By presenting it as immensely strange on the nearly taboo level, you guys are only selling it further to people...The train of thought is : "It can't be that bad, can it? Why? Let's see!"

Well my friends, its been a pleasure and a honor, reading manga, making jokes and discussing series in the comments, but after reading this, my face has contorted into something that, when I looked myself in the mirror, made me realize my true calling.

When you next hear of me, I hope I'll already have made it into the top leagues of Poker.

Farewell people.

P.S. I am neither a girl nor a homophobic, but the sheer phrasal enormity of this phrase has made my brain.exe crash. Hell, I don't even KNOW what phrasal enormity means and I probably have just created a new term, but I feel like it's the only thing that fits, at least after my mind went back to desktop.

Its a famous quote from Genshiken you idiot.

Well my friends, its been a pleasure and a honor, reading manga, making jokes and discussing series in the comments, but after reading this, my face has contorted into something that, when I looked myself in the mirror, made me realize my true calling.

When you next hear of me, I hope I'll already have made it into the top leagues of Poker.

Farewell people.

Oh god, i so wish a memory delete could work. The things i have should not have heard....

jealousy??????? yuri?????? made it clear!!!!

So, it is possible if a company is rich enough to do it and not feel the consequences or stupid/daring enough to try it. That's true for many things, this is why we don't get nice things quickly enough :P

Well, the money problem would be if they hire a single voice actor for multiple personalities (such as the GlaDoS voice in DotA2 who also voice a few heroes in there)

From that example though, it IS possible for Valve to basically generate the level of contents that'd make that 100 voice possibility (I mean, dota2 already have a fair share of announcer pack, each with its own personality) with Steam Workshop.

Basically, if Valve ever make such a game (I mean, there's already hats in TF2/DotA2 so customization is definitely something they're ok with), they can have a list of responses where people can (single handedly or by collaborating) make a list of responses they came up with as well as submit the audio of it.

Then the community can decide which one they want in.

EDIT: Actually, there ARE some announcer pack submissions for DotA2 already 

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Pyrion_Flax_Announcer_Pack

That also was import to the game 

http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/20170

So yes Valve totally can do this if there's the talents out there willing to do it.

How far along is the manga in Japan?

Also, reading it again. The manga "tries" to keep the relationships pure and generally focus on Akina's 'quest' but Kaede may be more yuri.

More on Akina:

-likes studying and great at it, apparently

-friends questions her ability to make friends (even if as a joke)

-shows attraction to "beautiful things"

-obsessive

What's happening to Akina right now is not a coincidental desire to be friends with Kaede. Maybe she's had tendencies but is averse to it because of her brother (being "disgusting).

*I have to stop doing this

Well, the point is that usually it just takes a LOT of resources (money, human hours) to do and not many people will actually utilize it...so I doubt any company will do a complex game + that much customization together.

So, it is possible if a company is rich enough to do it and not feel the consequences or stupid/daring enough to try it. That's true for many things, this is why we don't get nice things quickly enough :P

This is SO FUCKING ADORABLE.  I love the character designs and facial expressions, so cute.  And the story is amusingly quirky.  Now, while I'm not wearing my yuri-goggles while reading this, I can sense a very strong underlying yuri subtext... so I would not be surprised (nor definitely not disappointed) to see it go in that direction.  I mean, Akina wants to surround herself with cute girls as friends, which already sounds like she's more interested in girls than guys (since I've yet to hear any reference to boyfriends or any interest in boys).  Additionally, that encounter outside the bathroom with Kaede and her reaction to seeing her face for the first time could easily be called 'love at first sight', especially with her subsequent obsession with becoming her friend.  BUT.... anyways.  It's cute, and funny, and quite sexy at times (that Akina 'hcg' image :D), so I'll be following avidly.

well, she just fell into the world of otaku.

I'm counting the voices though (because I (think I) know audio takes up a lot of space). Can that happen in current game tech? Maybe I'm thinking full voice acting and my perception of this fictional game is too great. 

See Kantai Collection, that one may not have as much in term of gameplay but it does have various voice for the characters.

However, those are pre-made characters with their own personality. Whereas in a MH setting you're a nameless hunter, so the 100 voices will just mostly be various scream (battle cry, get hit sound, etc) and with prepure setting of (presumably) all female, then some of the voices will kinda overlap which is rather wasteful.

On the other hand, if they adds actual conversation into the character (doesn't have to even be for conversation, just some easily expected voice call such as "There's the enemy" or "Careful it's angry") then they can actually expand that more, even from a few voice actors, into different personalities.

For example, say after your character heal someone else

Spoiler

Well, the point is that usually it just takes a LOT of resources (money, human hours) to do and not many people will actually utilize it...so I doubt any company will do a complex game + that much customization together.

Welcome...to the fold!!! of GAMERS and Otaku!!!gameaddictplz.gif?1

Have you played Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity?

Although 100 voices is definitely overkill, considering that games like PSP2i exist (which has 70 different hairstyles for example), for me this PrecurexMonhun game is within the bounds of belief. That it doesn't exist though, is not so much that it's because it's on a portable console, but more like the developers don't think the marginal benefit of adding that level of customisation outweighs the marginal costs (implicit and explicit) anymore.

And yes, I agree 100% lol. Akina is an awesome character. I intend to follow her on her journey of transformation the entire way!

I'm counting the voices though (because I (think I) know audio takes up a lot of space). Can that happen in current game tech? Maybe I'm thinking full voice acting and my perception of this fictional game is too great. 

That last chapter somehow made me want MH4 even more than before.

Oh god, the conversion ><
*clicks follow*

The Otakuning Begins.

PrecurexMonsterhunter must exist. The game in the manga is not plausible though. That much customization option + full game in a handheld?

And Akina is so good. Are there other characters like her?

Have you played Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity?

Although 100 voices is definitely overkill, considering that games like PSP2i exist (which has 70 different hairstyles for example), for me this PrecurexMonhun game is within the bounds of belief. That it doesn't exist though, is not so much that it's because it's on a portable console, but more like the developers don't think the marginal benefit of adding that level of customisation outweighs the marginal costs (implicit and explicit) anymore.

And yes, I agree 100% lol. Akina is an awesome character. I intend to follow her on her journey of transformation the entire way!

PrecurexMonsterhunter must exist. The game in the manga is not plausible though. That much customization option + full game in a handheld?

And Akina is so good. Are there other characters like her?

I don't know why people are seeing yuri context in this... yuri on the brain I guess?

As far as raws go: Buy the tank and scan it IMHO. Otherwise see if you can find someone that speaks Chinese to inquire with the Chinese groups and see if they have the JP raws still themselves.

-All girls school

-"This girl is super cute!"

-"I have to save her!"

-"I prefer just normal yuri"

-"Yuri is the truth of this world!"

-Watched two straight days of anime just to talk to her (although it seems like she was starting to like it for its own sake)

-"I don't have to be so obsessed with her"

-"This girl was crying when she came up to me"

-"Your face is really flushed"

-"I'm not being obsessive or anything. I just want to show off to my middle school friends with a really cute new friend. Plus it's such a waste! She's so cute, but she's an otaku. This poor girl needs my help! I have to save her! Just wait for me, Sasamura!"

Yeah its yuri goggles for most of it, but all girls school, explicitly calling yuri "The truth of the world", the blush at the end, and "Just wait for me, Sasamura!" make it seem like it is legitimately going in that direction.

I don't know why people are seeing yuri context in this... yuri on the brain I guess?

As far as raws go: Buy the tank and scan it IMHO. Otherwise see if you can find someone that speaks Chinese to inquire with the Chinese groups and see if they have the JP raws still themselves.

If anyone knows where I can get raws of chapter 4 and up, let me know.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics