Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 301votes)

Holyland

Alt Names: alt ホーリーランドalt Holy Landalt هولي لاندalt 捍卫圣域alt الأرض المقدسة
Author: Mori Kouji
Artist: Mori Kouji
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yuu is a high school kid who doesn't really fit anywhere. To find a place he can belong, be accepted, he will do anything. However one thing leads to another and he is forced to fight to keep his place, his holyland.
Go to Holyland Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Holyland Getting A Movie New Window Horizon
  • 11 Replies
Topic Holyland Completed New Window Horizon
  • 17 Replies
Topic Holyland New Window Allanon
  • 8 Replies

158 Comments

awesome manga, I wanted more of this.

Just read for the third time. Read it for the first time a number of years ago, it's still just as moving. :)

(Gorilla Warfare is best warfare.)

greats story and equally great ending.!!

What a great piece of work. Very, very inspiring.

What a great story. Loved it.

I do appreciate what kind of a figure Yuu became, but I would have liked to see what became of him after he finished being the thug hunter.

Alas, we won't ever know, but nonetheless, this was a fine ending for an entertaining manga.

This is honestly one of the greatest pieces of literature I have ever read, let alone Manga. I bow deeply to you Mori-sensei, and I thank you, this story, had an extraordinary level of humanity and depth of heart, in this piece, you have encapsulated a definite and awe-inspiring level of mastery. A massive thank you to Illuminati-Scans for such high quality work, and, a promise, I will never forget this story. Fuck me, it's rare for fiction to affect me like this one did.

THANK YOU

Read Kingdom!! I promise you after 30 chapters you will not stop reading it, Best war manga ever and also it came 14th on top manga sales in Japan....and don't watch the anime it's a disgraceful to the manga

Great manga

Reading this feels like listening to Linkin Park. Amazing manga.

Soooo just re-read, and am I the ONLY one who thinks that Yuu is gay / bisexual? He is totally into Izawa, like not just 'oh I look up to you, and respect you for being cool and awesome' (pretending to voice in a really voice) it's more like 'Oh Izawa-kuuuun your so cool, and kick-ass! won't you come have fun with me on the streets!' (voiced by really girly girly voice). That's my opinion at least, Yuu's totally in to Izawa, it's not just that he has no friends, he's kinda creepy, and I aaam being a little biased on his build / appearance, just a little, but mostly my interpretation comes from his actions / attitude.

I wouldn't say "gay," but bisexual sounds about right. I think Yuu was at a point in his life where love coming from any angle would make him happy. He's manly where it counts, though, so I wouldn't go off of his mannerisms or actions too much.

Not sure what to think about this ending.

Spoiler

Does anyone understand why Yuu didnt go pro?
I'm not sure if it isn't told or I just dont get it xD

Spoiler

I imagine his realization of what his Holyland actually is and that child's angst (the boy that showed up after his fight with Masaki) inspired him to become a sort of vigilante.

Does anyone understand why Yuu didnt go pro?

I'm not sure if it isn't told or I just dont get it xD

Well, this was enjoyable. But seriously, "Gorilla Warfare"?

Spoiler

143kvsw.jpg

Man, I was up all night reading this. Heck of a story.

Well, this was enjoyable. But seriously, "Gorilla Warfare"?

Spoiler

This is it!

This manga is just too good.

Great Series, I'm glad I took the time, read it and finish it. 

If anyone is thinking on reading it, do it. You won't regret it.

Though I finished this quite a few months ago, I never cared and comment about how EPIC was this manga. If any new reader reads this comment and is wanting to read the manga or is somehow/what interested in it, stop wasting your f****** time and do so!

Rate 11/10.

I'm really impressed, such a good manga !

I rediscovered Holyland a few days ago and just finished it. It has immediately become one of my all-time favourites. Apart from the awesome action and the amount of detail the author goes through to explain moves just to make it so readers can understand, the way this manga can relate to teenagers is just amazing, I mean we can all probably relate to at least one character in this manga! The fact that the author was personally involved in the actual manga explicitly was something I haven't really seen before, but I thought it was cool. All in all I'm pretty sad it's over, but kinda glad to read the end at the same time. Props to the scanlation teams who worked on this, especially Illuminati, without you guys I'd be missing out on something awesome.

Enjoyable series. Well written if a tad bothersome at times but it plays out well. Thank you all for the translations and the author the excellent work.

It all makes sense now! KAMISHIRO grows up to be HEI from DARKER THAN BLACK!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics