Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.36 - 25votes)

34-sai Mushoku-san

Alt Names: alt 34 Sai Mushoku-sanalt 34 Sai Mushokusanalt 34-sai Mushokusanalt 34歳無職さんalt Ms. Unemployed 34 Year-Old
Author: Ikeda Takashi
Artist: Ikeda Takashi
Genres: Seinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: They say that the prime of one's career happens in their mid-thirties. During that time, women plan many things and tell themselves, “I won't let this year go by without doing anything!”

And then, a 34 year-old's life begins.

Hearing a new vacuum cleaner hum in the night shifts her moods as the Galactic Railroad runs in her mind...

Shall we take a look at an unemployed's slow, laid-back daily life?
Go to 34-sai Mushoku-san Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

30 Comments

I could relate to this very much, down to many little details. I have not been consistently employed for...well, some time. And I just turned 34.

I'm not sure I got much out of this glimpse into this life, but I enjoyed.

hmm probably the wrong question then.

What factors discourage people from buying longer life cycle goods?

It's not that people don't buy them, it's that they aren't being made. We have the technology to make them, but it's not as profitable for companies, so they don't bother.

I thought it would be fun and cute, but then I discovered that to see myself all I need is a mirror...  :-/

This is a nice riff on being a grown up between gigs and tumbling in a solitary, personal free-fall. 34-year-old-san is close to mastering the art of taking all day to do one, simple errand. Gambatte 34-year-old-san, gambatte!

So relatable mmm...

Special thanks for the notes (last) page, I particularly enjoyed reading it as much as the whole chapter.

They are made to not last, so you have to buy a new one as soon as the warranty is expired.

hmm probably the wrong question then.

What factors discourage people from buying longer life cycle goods?

why are most consumer electricals so much junk?

They are made to not last, so you have to buy a new one as soon as the warranty is expired.

why are most consumer electricals so much junk?

Whoa... an update! =O

I made the mistake of seeing how long its been since this updated.  :(  I need an update.  

I relate to parts of this so much and I think most of us over a certain age can.

Some Food-for-the-Soul manga. Should be a fun ride.

It's like the adult version of Yotsuba...

I am glad someone wrote this manga, and Mnaga Syndrome translate this.  For once, we get something beside some high school kids falling in and/or out of love.

I know many people find this boring, but it is a good protray of a solitude adult life -- the loliness, the internal dialogue, the slipping of pattern, and the lack of care for everything else around you.  Everyone else seems to have ambitious goals and busy schedules to follow, and your life just seems... empty and purposeless. 

I have a high hope on this manga.  It has a lot of room to develop into something entertaining and wonderful.

An update! Much appreciated.

Slice of life on it's finest... this is gold.

Depends on one's situation, really. Personally I have so few expenses (hate traveling, no car, no girlfriend, don't drink socially) that I can comfortably maintain my current lifestyle for four years on savings alone; If I wanted to reduce my expenses even more I could even move back to my parents' apartment, which I understand is a bit of a taboo in Western culture, but there's nothing wrong with it here in Asia.

Of course, I wouldn't take too long to look for a new job, but I would definitely take a couple months to decompress. Smell the roses. Remind myself why I hate smelling roses. Find out what it's like to be human again. That sort of thing.

That's nice to do that for a while...

I would like to do that or just find a new job, but I can't quit my current job because of car loan (live in a certain capital city with horrible mass transportation) @@

Maybe you can try traveling to another country in Asia for refreshing, it's nice to see different culture even it's just neighbor country ^^ I just rode a plane for the first time of my life this year ^^

Depends on one's situation, really. Personally I have so few expenses (hate traveling, no car, no girlfriend, don't drink socially) that I can comfortably maintain my current lifestyle for four years on savings alone; If I wanted to reduce my expenses even more I could even move back to my parents' apartment, which I understand is a bit of a taboo in Western culture, but there's nothing wrong with it here in Asia.

Of course, I wouldn't take too long to look for a new job, but I would definitely take a couple months to decompress. Smell the roses. Remind myself why I hate smelling roses. Find out what it's like to be human again. That sort of thing.

yep. it's really all about the difference in culture, living expenses, and savings

I don't mind slice-of-life manga, but there is something off here. She is just too laid back about being unemployed at 34 years old. The couple times where I got laid off were chaotic as you watch your savings drop, budget for everything while cutting out 'wants,' and looking for a new job everyday. She is like 'meh' to her joblessness. 

I can really relate to that pen situation. I had an average pen that wouldn't work sometimes but always came back to life later on. Lost it on the bus last month... My heart ached more than what my rational thought it should... :(

I don't mind slice-of-life manga, but there is something off here. She is just too laid back about being unemployed at 34 years old. The couple times where I got laid off were chaotic as you watch your savings drop, budget for everything while cutting out 'wants,' and looking for a new job everyday. She is like 'meh' to her joblessness. 

Thing is I've already got one of those, I don't need to read about it.  I like slice of life, but there are limits to the "show about nothing" approach.

There are no limits to it when you are a true believer in the Holy Church of the Slice of Life. Amen.

Amen.

Just like everyday life XD

Thing is I've already got one of those, I don't need to read about it.  I like slice of life, but there are limits to the "show about nothing" approach.

Chapter 2 was only 12 page long ( the last 2 pages don't really count ) .

And yet, that chapter felt like it lasted for hours, the author really did a good job of portraying what goes inside the head of someone going shopping.

I could literally see myself at the store and being like this: I really shouldn't.... This is not what I came for. You know what ? Fuck it YOLO!

And then it hits you, you dun goof'd . 

Looking forward to see how this unfolds. Could be pretty funny.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics