Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 403votes)

I Am a Hero

Alt Names: alt Ako ay isang Bayanialt Aku Adalah Seorang Pahlawanalt アイアムアヒーローalt Ben Bir Kahramanımalt Eu Sou Um Heróialt 请叫我英雄alt Soy un Héroealt Tôi là anh hùngalt من قهرمانمalt Я — геройalt אני גיבורalt أنا بطل
Author: Hanazawa Kengo
Artist: Hanazawa Kengo
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSmut SmutSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hideo Suzuki is a thirty-five year old mangaka assistant struggling to be the hero in his own life by breaking back into the lime light with a new serial all the while juggling his relationship with his girlfriend and his own delusions.

However, as hard as Hideo may try, the world seems to have a different set of plans for him; sinister and dark machinations that completely overturn his reality as he knows it.

Nominated for the 3rd and 4th Manga Taisho Award (2010 and 2011).
Go to I Am a Hero Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Final Chapter (264) disc. (spoilers) New Window Serial Raper
  • 9 Replies
Topic Is there any sight to when this might end? New Window SangMo
  • 2 Replies
Topic "I Am a Hero" movie coming out April 23rd, 2016 New Window Ozen
  • 17 Replies
Topic Chapter 197 New Window Tadao
  • 0 Replies
Topic Zombie Apocalypse Day Preparation (For fun) New Window Harpuea
  • 21 Replies
Topic Infected and awakened and hair. New Window Delete me 12345567
  • 2 Replies

1217 Comments

HOhoohoh , i cant wait for the next volume to be released :D
zombfags.......typical 4chan users
Hoh man, tearing it off like it was going out of fashion oAo. Definitely a recommend read for horror/survival fans.
I'm grateful to them too, because of their awesome work i can appreciate such an incredible manga !
Hmmmm........
holy crap chapter 69-93 in one go... thanks illuminati and kidcongo!
this is the most insane thing ever
This manga is so awesome... D=
They running from
Spoiler

was just priceless...
This manga have the best way of handling zombie apocalypse plot, utterly recomended °A°
Damn deux ex machina working overtime to keep his ass alive lol

Airplane was just master unexpected ;)
I'm glad the girl is still alive, though the infection has her, she is still there, and she might save everybody if they can get her to a medical lab.
thats fucking good! thx
This is a great series.
Spoiler
That guy is the worst... so stupid.. he even don't quick realize that his girlfriend is infected... wtf, does he even have a brain...
This is what suspense is about! Hat off.

It's specially creepy as the author let "those" have speech and something akind to a mind, if twisted one. More scary that way, really.
Protect the infected chick!!!
It didn't really get cliche I mean it kinda did with the way it spread panic and such but I love how he keeps to the peoples reactions and in my opinion at least tried to make it seem more realistic, or at least as much as you can get with something like this. I love the whole forum thing going on it was really a neat way to look at it. I also love how the main is in this, he has no special characteristics he is just kinda trying to go with the flow. He has no special talents or traits, he is just some lame guy who was a shut in.
Posted Image

Fans of The Walking Dead will definitely enjoy this! I know I did! :)
Seriously, the first and a half volume left me deeply shocked. Literally. VERY strong.

It gets more zombie-cliche later, but I'm kind of counting that there will be a major breakthrough later, even if I can't be sure, the author has a reputation for impressive dead ends and spectacular plot turns, so I may as well expect it (but not going to ruin it with raws as I kind-of did with Boys on the Run, don't speak Japanese, well.). Felt sorry in the end of chapter 54, but it's nothing compared to the first trauma of reading the things that happen at the end of the volume 1 and at the start of volume 2.
Spoiler
@dand how can you say the art is bad !
The double spreads from chapter 51 are simply genious. Definitively a great artist here.
lol, i remember reading chap 1 ages ago, i thought its a slice of life and kinda hard manga, and my mood isnt good at the time so i dropped it, but damn, its a friggin zombie, follow this instant
holy shit, i didnt expect that ... great manga

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics