Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 209votes)

Absolute Duo

Alt Names: alt アブソリュート・デュオ
Author: Hiiragiboshi Takumi
Artist: Nariie Shinichirou
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHarem HaremMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: 《Blaze》— That is a weapon made by materialising your own soul with your enhanced will power. I, Tooru Kokonoe, have that ability which is said to be possessed only by one in every one thousand people, so it was decided that I would enroll in Kouryou academy that gives out 《Blaze》, and a school that teaches battle techniques. But for an unknown reason, my 《Blaze》 didn’t have a shape of a weapon but a protector, and it takes the form of a 《Shield》.

This manga is an adaptation of the light novel series by Hiiragi Takumi with illustrations by Asaba Yuu.
Go to Absolute Duo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic To those who read the LN New Window Dai Satō
  • 6 Replies

388 Comments

Am I the only one that thinks that his shield is kinda useless? I mean, there's a giant fucking hole in it.

Absolute Duo's Ending : Tooru rises as the top of the academy and given a new title ..... " CAPTAIN JAPAN"

time to assemble ... err ... harem avenger ?

!!! LOLZ !!!

I read this while I'm reading MC from "Again"  at the same time and I don't know why but that's make this main character looks kinda  boring

can't tell much for now but it's still kinda meh.

and the Loli of the year Award goes to...*drum roll* 

Spoiler

Oh boo, and she was such a nice character ;|

Absolute Duo's Ending : Tooru rises as the top of the academy and given a new title ..... " CAPTAIN JAPAN"

that is as much a shield as bats are birds

it looks more like a wrist blade

Or a bladed gauntlet, especially that pointy end on his fingers should make for a nice strike when punching.

I mean, it's in a C shape, THERE'S A FREAKING HOLE IN THE MIDDLE

You....don't really know anything about fighting, weapons, or shields...do you? The shield you described (30mmx50cmx70cm) would weigh roughly 81 kilos (180 lbs)? Even the strongest men in the world would not be able to utilize such a mass as a weapon, they use masses like that for weight lifting.

Secondly is, a 20kg object in one arm, is going to be slow. Very slow. Trying to attack with such an object is invariably going to unbalance the "wielder" and make him vulnerable to anything.

Well,a normal shield isn't a square-cut steel-frame so the actual weight would be like 15-20kg.
Might be a little much to handle and slow if not trained properly, but efficient enough if you just add some iron thorn/spikes to the front(5-10 cm, even more deadly if coated with poison or some barbed hooks added to them xD) and you just have to press forward, shouldn't be that hard.

And lmao at those comments on swordsmen/spearmen. If your Shield is made of iron/metal (maybe even a coating might do the job) you can't lose against them. Why? If they are foolish enough to strike, you break their weapon with 1 or a few swings! Blades/Points are only dangerous because they concentrate all power on a small and fragile edge/point. Now if it hits on a boulder of the same material, it's obvious that it would be damaged considerably and might get blunt/useless for fighting(A claymore might be another story but that's even slower than a shield xD).

The only weapons that are dangerous for a shieldwielder are bows/crossbows(because of the action speed/piercing power of high-draw weight bows) and blunt weapons because they can shatter the shield or at least deliver an impact-shock big enough to make you drop your shield or even break your hand-/arm-bones.

This Manga,however, might just show all those flashy weapons like scythes, japanese swords, dual daggers, European swords ( I bet a 2-hand wielder will be there,too) and someone large with a hammer/axe. well,let's see what that shield can do :D

that is as much a shield as bats are birds

it looks more like a wrist blade

Keep in mind this series is called Absolute Duo. The idea is a weapon that requires another weapon. If our hero had a sword, he could just beat up anyone, but a shield means he's limited. He can protect, but he can not easily injure another. With another person, someone with a weapon, then they can become a great team, matching each other. One is the perfect defense. The other is the perfect weapon. Together they make: Absolute Duo.

Shield bash all day erry day?

Used to play a paladin in EQ so ya I used to shield bash all day everyday XD

On a different note, when I see the main heroine of this story, I instantly think of Mashiro from Sakurasou. Well, I'm just looking forward to more, possibly better scenes with a character that has similar appearance to Mashiro x3

pretty awesome~ another highschool dxd without the boobs~ (not yet at least)

Shield bash all day erry day?

i see chicks, weird weapons and depressed MC. instant follow.

Its said dat best defense is offense, hardly can be done with a shield :o gotta follow ^_^

Spoiler

WTF is this I don't even!

How can any professional manga drawer not get eye cancer when looking at those ridiculous legs? Draw them any thinner and it is basically a line. That hollow back on the next page also looks unhealthy, better let her be checked by a doc. Those arms attached under her breasts on pg 17 are interesting as well.

You must not have read anything from Clamp.

Not bad so far. Lovely themes and artwork. Will continue to read but otherwise, thanks for the update on chapter 1 :)

looks promising.

the mc's personality was kinda cliche but who knows maybe next chapter he might get interesting

does anyone know if this is a light novel because if it it then i know it will be of the hook anyway great first chapter and caint wait for more to come

Yes, it's a Light Novel.  It's currently a teaser project up on Baka Tsuki, but there aren't enough translators to bother with it...sooo...yeah.

does anyone know if this is a light novel because if it it then i know it will be of the hook anyway great first chapter and caint wait for more to come

it is but no1 is translating it..some1 did it just as a teaser project or so i think

Refreshing to see an MC who doesn't automatically have a circle of friends at the beginning of the story.

not so refreshing when you realize all his friends are dead.

That shield has more sharp stabby bits than most swords.

He could seriously mess people up with that.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics