Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 55votes)

Suisei no Gargantia

Alt Names: alt 翠星のガルガンティア‬alt Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
Author: Okeanosu
Artist: Mitogawa Wataru
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureMecha MechaRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story begins in the distant future in the far reaches of the galaxy. The Human Galactic Alliance has been constantly fighting for its survival against a grotesque race of beings called "Hidiaazu." During an intense battle, the young lieutenant Redo and his humanoid mobile weapon Chamber are swallowed up into a distortion of time and space. Waking from his artificially induced hibernation, Redo realizes that he has arrived on Earth, the planet on the lost frontier. On this planet that was completely flooded by the seas, people live in fleets of giant ships, salvaging relics from the seas' depths in order to survive. Redo arrives on one of the fleets called Gargantia. With no knowledge of the planet's history or culture, he is forced to live alongside Amy, a 15-year-old girl who serves as a messenger aboard the Gargantia fleet. To Redo, who has lived a life where he knows nothing but fighting, these days of peace continue to surprise him.

adaptation of the 2013 anime produced by Production I.G.

Prequel:

> Suisei no Gargantia - Mizuhana no Bellows
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/suisei-no-gargantia-mizuhana-no-bellows-r11740 )
Go to Suisei no Gargantia Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Suisei no Gargantia Discussion Thread New Window Takao-chan
  • 6 Replies

58 Comments

Thank you for the chapter, amigos! :)

Enjoy~

Personally, I think it will end like this:

Spoiler

true, but things are getting even weirder in the anime...

Spoiler

Stuff about stuff it's right there go read it.

Personally, I think it will end like this:
Spoiler

Well, currently we are at about 4 episodes, but about the MC's past (apart from blowing shit up all the time before he got divided by zero and landed on Earth)

Well, I am pretty confident about how it's gonna end though^^

(beautiful story, but overall ending is VERY predictable if you think a little and compare it to similar stories)

Spoiler

How do I know/suspect this even though I haven't seen all the episodes?

Well, the setting of World that got flooded and humanity lives on ships...

That is from the movie "Waterworld" (1995, directed by Kevin Reynolds)

And lone human from space (soldier) crashlands on Earth (with quite ancient technology) and at the end decides to stay there (he destroys the distress beacon he set up)

That one is from "Outlander" (2008, directed by Howard McCain)

Sure, the plot is GREATLY modified, but you can see that the story has its roots in these 2 movies (and some others as well)

Just watched episode 6...

Spoiler

Well, currently we are at about 4 episodes, but about the MC's past (apart from blowing shit up all the time before he got divided by zero and landed on Earth)

Well, I am pretty confident about how it's gonna end though^^

(beautiful story, but overall ending is VERY predictable if you think a little and compare it to similar stories)

Spoiler

How do I know/suspect this even though I haven't seen all the episodes?

Well, the setting of World that got flooded and humanity lives on ships...

That is from the movie "Waterworld" (1995, directed by Kevin Reynolds)

And lone human from space (soldier) crashlands on Earth (with quite ancient technology) and at the end decides to stay there (he destroys the distress beacon he set up)

That one is from "Outlander" (2008, directed by Howard McCain)

Sure, the plot is GREATLY modified, but you can see that the story has its roots in these 2 movies (and some others as well)

The anime is one of my favorites of this spring season. But to be honest imo the pacing is too slow. It would have been perfect for more than just 12 episode... but well I still love it!

I hope the manga will be great as well and that someone will scanlate it.

Spoiler

Suisei no Gargantia anime download: http://goo.gl/Yb3dp

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics