Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 55votes)

Suisei no Gargantia

Alt Names: alt 翠星のガルガンティア‬alt Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
Author: Okeanosu
Artist: Mitogawa Wataru
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureMecha MechaRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story begins in the distant future in the far reaches of the galaxy. The Human Galactic Alliance has been constantly fighting for its survival against a grotesque race of beings called "Hidiaazu." During an intense battle, the young lieutenant Redo and his humanoid mobile weapon Chamber are swallowed up into a distortion of time and space. Waking from his artificially induced hibernation, Redo realizes that he has arrived on Earth, the planet on the lost frontier. On this planet that was completely flooded by the seas, people live in fleets of giant ships, salvaging relics from the seas' depths in order to survive. Redo arrives on one of the fleets called Gargantia. With no knowledge of the planet's history or culture, he is forced to live alongside Amy, a 15-year-old girl who serves as a messenger aboard the Gargantia fleet. To Redo, who has lived a life where he knows nothing but fighting, these days of peace continue to surprise him.

adaptation of the 2013 anime produced by Production I.G.

Prequel:

> Suisei no Gargantia - Mizuhana no Bellows
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/suisei-no-gargantia-mizuhana-no-bellows-r11740 )
Go to Suisei no Gargantia Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Suisei no Gargantia Discussion Thread New Window Takao-chan
  • 6 Replies

58 Comments

Hrm might follow this. Couldn't stand the CG in the anime so I ended up passing on it.

Spoiler

link pleaxor!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-10/gargantia-on-the-verduous-planet-gets-sequel-green-lit

There's even a second series underway.

link pleaxor!

OVA? So there's more than 13 eps??

There's even a second series underway.
Aw.. that chapter ended far too soon. I wanted to see Senmetsu in action.

Finished watching the ova, now to wait for the manga chapters!

OVA? So there's more than 13 eps??

Finished watching the ova, now to wait for the manga chapters!

Episode 9 spoiler!

Spoiler

Ouch, just watching that pic hurts

Just watched episode 11...

Kugel's alive and one hell of an asshole^^

Spoiler

In case you didn't notice:

Kugel is the german word for "ball", but it can also mean "bullet"

Episode 9 spoiler!

Spoiler

Episode 9... I was not expecting that. This is getting pretty good.

I hope they'll do a better job with future battles, the only one showed so far was rather disappointing.

I never expected Ledo to say "What the fuck". His civilization doesn't seem like the type to teach swearing to its soldier.

The pacing feels faster here than in the anime.

still, both are amazing.

Well, my theory is pretty simple, based on the fact the script of the series is by Gen Urobuchi.

(I still don't know how to add spoiler tags, so highlight to read.)

I think the Hideauze were engineered by the human race. It may have started while they were still living on Earth, but I think the purpose has to do with the speech in episode 1 and the logic of the conversations between Bebel and Ledo.

The Hideauze were created for the humans to live in a state of perpetual war, and thus offer a constant drive to technological improvement of humans. The leadership of the Galactic Alliance probably knows that.

The whalesquids may either be prototypes or the base species used to create the ones living in space. And I bet their lair hides the truth of all that.

the you-know-who wrote the script of the first episode only... 

I must say, this is probably one of the few mecha anime I have enjoyed watching for quite sometime now.

Well, my theory is pretty simple, based on the fact the script of the series is by Gen Urobuchi.

(I still don't know how to add spoiler tags, so highlight to read.)

I think the Hideauze were engineered by the human race. It may have started while they were still living on Earth, but I think the purpose has to do with the speech in episode 1 and the logic of the conversations between Bebel and Ledo.

The Hideauze were created for the humans to live in a state of perpetual war, and thus offer a constant drive to technological improvement of humans. The leadership of the Galactic Alliance probably knows that.

The whalesquids may either be prototypes or the base species used to create the ones living in space. And I bet their lair hides the truth of all that.

why hello there manga of anime ive liked so far, ill follow you and comeback when you have like 10 chap, see you then good friend.

Sorry. Uploading fixed version now.

(so much for a perfect release T__T)

That credit page... :D

Eh, Amy's looks are much better on the manga.

Oh, and some1 redo page 33 it looks like it was scanned halfway and then the scanner went drunk^^

What's the problem there? o_O

(EDIT: If you meant page 3... spotted the mistake there. And that mistake has nothing to do with scanning)

Just finished reading and wow, nice to see the first chapter being translated.  That was beautiful, welcome to the Planet Ledo.

TCdAmDx.gif

Didn't even know it had a manga. Quite a pleasant surprise, I'd say :P

Well, the Manga page here was around as long as since the anime aired, but they only added a chapter today^^

Speaking of which, I am kinda disappointed that they cut the space battle THAT short -.- It was MUCH more of an epic battle in the anime

Oh, and some1 redo page 33 it looks like it was scanned halfway and then the scanner went drunk^^

Didn't even know it had a manga. Quite a pleasant surprise, I'd say :P

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics