Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.16 - 31votes)

Hana no Miyako!

Alt Names: alt 花のみやこ!
Author: Kirishima Takeru & Type-Moon
Artist: Kirishima Takeru
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsMystery MysterySchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A series that focuses on the members of the aikido club in a school that settles disputes among students with combat.

The original run has been cancelled. A new doujin, Hana no Miyako Legend, is now being self-published by the author.
( http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/hana-no-miyako-legends-r15896 )

Related:

> Melty Blood
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/melty-blood-r1552 )
> Melty Blood ACT:2
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/melty-blood-act2-r3919 )
> Melty Blood X
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/melty-blood-x-r3226 )
Go to Hana no Miyako! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

97 Comments

ohh.. fight club... ^^

lets follow..

I wonder if there will be any active involement of the Demon Hunter Organsation or the Hybrids or the Church or, for that matter, any at least partially supernatural fraction of the setting at all or if they´re going to stick mainly with martial arts.

Unfortunately, from my experience, most female leads aren't that good (not to imply that many male leads are any good), I'm not really sure why this is but I'd love to see it change.

Go read Claymore :P

Definitely going to need more characterization before I decide that I like this, so far the glasses girl is way too aloof, like none of this matters to her... Gonna have to step it up to keep it interesting.

I'm not sexist at all but i prefer to have a male lead. all female leads are boring to me. can't stand them. so, your not the only one like that XD

I generally find that guys may prefer male leads because they can identify with the MC better if the gender is the same.  Or it's the Yuri genre (which this is NOT) with all it's trappings that I am obviously not the target audience of.  (And as for whether we are sexist, I think it depends on whether the female character is written well and consequently, how interested we are about that.)

Unfortunately, from my experience, most female leads aren't that good (not to imply that many male leads are any good), I'm not really sure why this is but I'd love to see it change.

I think most females leads aren't that good because, a lot of times, they're written by men who aren't very good at writing about women.  I'm sure there are exceptions and the reverse and the like, but on the whole, I find that boring female leads are basically written like men.  With tits.  Or they're some idealization of women that just don't exist, rather than fully complete human beings with their own motivations and actions.

Now I personally like this very much and I don't think this has a boring female lead/cast - It's not remotely as annoying as K-On for example - but I do like Type-Moon so maybe I'm biased.

I'm not sexist at all but i prefer to have a male lead. all female leads are boring to me. can't stand them. so, your not the only one like that XD

The problem is the source material. Watch the Type-Moon Carnival Phantasm OVA ep. 12 and you'll realize why practically everyone who's done Type-Moon spin-off have discarded the male MCs. I sure as heck wouldn't want to see Tohno Shiki in here. Unfortunately, given that there's apparently an "Arturia of Camelot", we might end up with Shiro showing up. Well, hopefully they'll make him a punching bag just like in Prisma Illya.

Based Crown

when there is to many female leads i find this type of manga boring, why dont just put yuri on genre then i could separate this to bs category type of manga.

when there is to many female leads i find this type of manga boring, why dont just put yuri on genre then i could separate this to bs category type of manga.

Thanks for translating this. Seems like there possibly are translations up to chapter 8 lurking around, though? Well .. at least the raws up to that point are out.

lol..

That was the funniest Shiki I've seen to date.

I just couldn't wipe the smile off my face while reading this.

But yeah... dat Miyako...

I love these spin-offs.  Other authors taking a stab at Type-Moon is great.  Ilya turned out amazing, hopefully it's the same here.

interesting :D

>Another Shiki

Spoiler

Dat Miyako though <3

Has some potential, the archery club guy (who we have yet to see doing ANYTHING related to archery) has a decent character. The 'mysterious and aloof, barely noticeable glasses-girl who is actually concealing her true persona' is pretty darn dull so far, the schtick can only go on so long before it starts to drag. I hope to see more development.

@ねむねむ

Hell yeah man, the spin offs are quite good, just like this new one.
I just get really retarded when it comes to TYPE-MOON, sorry bout that.

@KillerLolipop

I'm fully aware lol. I quite like myself, so people who make retarded assumptions really get on my nerves.

I'm fully aware that rakkyo was written as one of Nasu's first novels. I'm aware that Tsukihime was like Type-Moon's first visual novel ("draft" released at comiket, and then final version released early this millenium), and was written after rakkyo. (Indeed, you could consider Tohno (MC) as a character inspired by a combination of Kokutou and Ryougi Shiki).

I'm also quite aware that Fate/Stay Night came after Tsukihime (and I read it in that order in any case). In your country, is it compulsory to list things in chronological order? If so, I can see why there might be a misunderstanding due to cultural differences, but there's no such expectation where I live.

Note: I'm also aware this isn't the first official "different universe spin-off". It's quite similar to Fate/Kaleid Liner Prism Ilya, which I also rather enjoyed.

@ねむねむ

I really needed to comment on this, I love TYPE-MOON and Kinoko Nasu so wrong information really gets on my skin.
Fate is the third thing they released. They've been doing that theme for most of their main games.
Kara no Kyoukai is first, then Tsukihime. Sorry, just really pissed off at wrong information when it comes to TYPE-MOON.

I'm bursting into tears, I've been waiting for this to come out for so long... TT^TT

YAAAAAAY MIYAKO!

Since Fate, Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai related worlds are usually so grim, I'm finding this a really fun idea lol. I'm enjoying it as much as All Around Type-Moon.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics