Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 30votes)

Marmalade Boy Little

Alt Names: alt ママレード・ボーイ littlealt 橘子酱男孩LITTLE
Author: Yoshizumi Wataru
Artist: Yoshizumi Wataru
Genres: Romance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Set 13 years after the original series, the story focuses on Miki and Yuu's little siblings.
Prequel:

>Marmalade Boy
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/marmalade-boy-r6351 )
Go to Marmalade Boy Little Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

51 Comments

Good lord!  Ch. 4 is hilarious, plus it ostentatiously averts I dunno, half a dozen cliches and cuts through plausibly a dozen or so chapters in a couple of fell swoops!  Amazing.

In fact, I think the mangaka just sidestepped like half the plot of the original Marmalade Boy in one go.

Because of that, I have the feeling it's gonna be over soon. I mean, without the meaningless conflict and misunderstandings, what can happen? I guess, of course, 10-years-older Yoshimizu-sensei might pull off something very much original and flabbergaster us. Or it will just end. We'll see. There's at least a couple of things the adult cast need to solve, which will be interesting, for sure.

Anyway, the more I read this, the bigger is the urge to reread the orginal, although it really don't fit my schedule... Hga! Some chapters more and I'll just give in, really. It is that good.

Thank you so much for the explanation and translation!! I really appreciate them! I've been waiting for an updated for so long. lol :D

I got tired of waiting too so I took it into my own hands lol. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether to call Emiri Emily, since that's how they say "Emily"...but I'm working on it. I appreciate you reading and I'll work hard to get the chapters out as soon as possible...!

His name is definitely Saku, and the sister's name is definitely Rikka. The friend of Rikka is named Emiri. I had to fix them in the last two chapters.The group that did the first two chapters was translating from a Chinese scanlation, so they were basing everything off of the Chinese interpretation. They didn't have the Japanese scans so they wouldn't have known and would have had to guess at the names. 

I'm translating from the Japanese volume, so I can see that there is kana next to everyone's names that shows the correct pronunciations. We know for sure that they are Saku, Rikka and Emiri because of that furigana.

Thank you so much for the explanation and translation!! I really appreciate them! I've been waiting for an updated for so long. lol :D

So...is his name Saku or Hajime..?

His name is definitely Saku, and the sister's name is definitely Rikka. The friend of Rikka is named Emiri. I had to fix them in the last two chapters.The group that did the first two chapters was translating from a Chinese scanlation, so they were basing everything off of the Chinese interpretation. They didn't have the Japanese scans so they wouldn't have known and would have had to guess at the names. 

I'm translating from the Japanese volume, so I can see that there is kana next to everyone's names that shows the correct pronunciations. We know for sure that they are Saku, Rikka and Emiri because of that furigana.

So...is his name Saku or Hajime..?

I could always go for some more Marmalade Boy

Good lord!  Ch. 4 is hilarious, plus it ostentatiously averts I dunno, half a dozen cliches and cuts through plausibly a dozen or so chapters in a couple of fell swoops!  Amazing.

In fact, I think the mangaka just sidestepped like half the plot of the original Marmalade Boy in one go.

Do you need to read the original Marmalade Boy to read this?

I think that you can still enjoy this comic without reading the original. This focuses on two different kids and their relationship is developed solely in this manga.

Ah, c'mon!! You can't just end there!!! D:

Annnd with chapter 3, most of the angles are fully in play.  

Aaaaa that's such a teaser! Makes me want more, and reread the original as well! 

Yup! Or at least you can watch anime.

Huh, I guess I was really mistaken; maybe they were introduced in the last chapter, though, as infants?  I can't remember. 

Still, I'm enjoying it.  So glad they've finally gotten to translating it!

dang look at that art quality style. times have changed....

Fixed that for you.

Pretty nice so far.  Yoshizumi Wataro's still got it! (or did whenever this came out, I suppose) 

She's one of the great crafters of the manga world, in my opinion.  Everything she does is ordinary--typical characters, normal plots and twists, basic emotions, standard art.  But the art is solid, the twists neither overdone nor underdone, the emotions well conveyed, the dialogue snappy, the pacing good.  Get all the little things right and you can end up with something greater than the sum of its parts.  She's done some classics.  Anyone who hasn't read the original Marmalade Boy, by all means go check it out, it's a good one.

Feels nostalgic to be reading something new (to me anyway) of hers.

Oh my god this is getting even more complicated. Wow, didn't think that was possible, even from the beginning chapter.

that has got to be one complicated family tree.  the fact that a diagram had to be drawn to show how it all works proves it.

Waaahhh! Thank you so much for translate in italian! 

Love it!

Actually, no.  I'm a fool.  They did have younger siblings; they just became more prevalent as the series went on.  I need to re-read MB.

The two aren't really younger siblings, but were young characters introduced in some of the last chapters of the original series.

Why no english scanlation yet? T_T

I'm so confused, I don't remember them having siblings. Can anyone who has read this explain?

dang look at that art quality. times have changed....

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics