Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.37 - 65votes)

Family Compo

Alt Names: alt F.Compo
Author: Hojo Tsukasa
Artist: Hojo Tsukasa
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Just before entering the university, Yanagiba Masahiko's father died in a car accident. His mother died when he was four, which makes him now really an orphan. But even before the death of his father, he didn't have a family life, as his father was always busy or abroad.

When his mother's younger brother and his wife decide to invite him to live with their family, his life takes a turn. But it is not going to be the normal family life he is imagining for himself. What is the "terrible" secret that lead his parents to break the bonds with his aunt and uncle? What could be the true nature of his cousin, Shion? And last but not least, will this "terrible" secret eventually get Yanagiba, too?
Go to Family Compo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Family Compo Discussion New Window PotatoCannon
  • 22 Replies

120 Comments

Shion's gender is NOT pretty obvious; it's the one thing Shion doesn't really know. Shion's SEX is pretty obvious in my opinion; I'm pretty certain Shion is sexually a man. But Shion's gender expression has flip-flopped; Shion isn't sure of his/her orientation, and Shion is still trying to figure out his/her gender identity as well. It's very possible that Shion's gender identity is fully malleable. This is in contrast to Masahiko, who has a rough gender identity of male, as shown by denial and embarrassment about his "female version;" however, it is possible that he'll come to a point where he decides that his gender identity is malleable as well. Right now, he is mostly comfortable with a malleable gender expression, something that Shion is also extremely comfortable with. But Shion wants to flip flop wholescale between the two and find what's best (and it's possible that the flip-flop is best for Shion), while Masahiko has an assumed standard identity and embraces the game of transformation – more like a crossdresser than a transgendered individual. If it were not for chapter like Chapter 80, where during his drunkenness, his female shadow personality took control, I would suggest he was wholly identified as male, but it seems that his identity is starting to become malleable as well.
OMG Thanks Kelp! <333 -huggles- This series is awesome!

And LOLs oh Shion you...
Thanks much, KelpTheGreat! I like this manga quite a lot, so your suffering is definitely worth it for me; as the one actually dealing with the PITA, your mileage may vary. ;)
i think shion gender is very obvious girl. the reason is same with comadrin
We should be uploading the next couple of chapters sooner or later. I'm all done with the PR for chap 81-82, so look forward to them!
Just wanted everyone to know - I'm glad you're enjoying the manga and all - but this series is a B**CH for me to edit. Hope it's worth it for you guys!!
Now we have an even more important mystery than Shion's gender :
Spoiler
hahaha i <3 this manga. it's just too funny
xDDD Oh god. Masahiko. That was awesome.
I think Shion's gender is pretty obvious. Little things keep making Masahiko wonder about it, but she has obvious breasts, and has had from the beginning of the manga, when she was in high school. Her parents are definitely not, uh, typical, but are also not the type to let a son have either gender surgery or a series of estrogen injections while still a minor. Masahiko, I think, is still wondering about her gender because he is still trying to wrap his mind around all the new experiences that have pretty much slapped him in the face since he met his mother's family. It's not that he's weak minded, but more like a Heian era farmer from the countryside being dropped into the London Punk/Gothic scene of today.
:| Still really want to know Shion's gender...
after all off that chapter shion gender is still mystery
Spoiler
Shion should listen to Masami once in a while!
Read chapter 1...open random chapter and random page...wonder who's a guy and who's a gal...
shion's the coolest bigender ever

i feel really sorry for masahiko though.. he ends up in some funny situations, also because of his cousin
Wahahaha! Shion you troll!
Wow! IT GOT UPDATED. It`s a miracle,no less \(#^_^#)/
Since it has 75 chapter *currently*.It took me 48 hours to finished reading this.. Well hope for more. You're so RIGHT mokata :)
This story teaches good moral lesson. At first I thought was wierd and unbearable but now I am a follower! :D

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics