Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.37 - 65votes)

Family Compo

Alt Names: alt F.Compo
Author: Hojo Tsukasa
Artist: Hojo Tsukasa
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Just before entering the university, Yanagiba Masahiko's father died in a car accident. His mother died when he was four, which makes him now really an orphan. But even before the death of his father, he didn't have a family life, as his father was always busy or abroad.

When his mother's younger brother and his wife decide to invite him to live with their family, his life takes a turn. But it is not going to be the normal family life he is imagining for himself. What is the "terrible" secret that lead his parents to break the bonds with his aunt and uncle? What could be the true nature of his cousin, Shion? And last but not least, will this "terrible" secret eventually get Yanagiba, too?
Go to Family Compo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Family Compo Discussion New Window PotatoCannon
  • 22 Replies

120 Comments

Ah this was one of my first favourites and when i dashed through the existing chapters till chapter 82 which was the newest one out there, i got a little upset as i noticed how slow it was updated. I already gave up on it and rushed the raws so i was somewhat finished with this, still nice to see that someone brought out a new chapter again.

Spoiler

Spoiler

(don't read, i'm seriously spoiling the end)

Ah this was one of my first favourites and when i dashed through the existing chapters till chapter 82 which was the newest one out there, i got a little upset as i noticed how slow it was updated. I already gave up on it and rushed the raws so i was somewhat finished with this, still nice to see that someone brought out a new chapter again.

Spoiler

based Nojay

Thank you so much for picking this up Nojay <333

Nojay, I'm really happy to see a new chapter of one of my favorites.  Thanks for picking it up again.  As to the speed: well, slow chapters are definitely better than none, and I will enjoy them as they come.

Awesome, thanks Nojay.

Awesome, Thanks for picking this up nojay! I've been following and waiting for someone to update this for a while now. 

Just to let folks know I (Nojay) am going to be continuing scanlation of Family Compo, starting again from chapter 84. Releases won't be quick, I'm a one-man band as far as scanlating goes (and please don't offer to help me as I've tried having other folks assist on scanlation projects before and it didn't work out). I'm reactivating my old Family Compo Livejournal blog if you want to know how I'm getting along.

Sorry but it's also our last release as we don't have a translator for this project, I merely stepped in to help finish off a chapter for fun (and it actually took me a very long time to get myself to finish it)

As you guys can see, it's been 8 months since the last release. Lack of staff interest has led to us dropping this project, hopefully there'll be another group who'll be interested in picking this up.

Like johnkard said, I've been waiting for this.  Thanks, VI, for a great chapter of a great manga.  This is a great manga as far as art, humor, and a great story are concerned, but it also has a message that doesn't preach or slap us in the face.  As a middle-aged hetero male, I used to take a more rigid stance on "alternate lifestyles," but have changed my view considerably (mainly by interacting with people who are "in" those lifestyles).  This manga, while not being the most realistic, in terms of how things work out, is a great source for understanding, as the side stories about several "unorthodox" characters are very perceptively done and make "orthodox" folk like me understand and empathize with their feelings.  Thanks a lot for a great new chapter.  I will root for Shion as a woman, but if she decides her true calling is as a guy, I will still root for her.  (Pity, as I really like her as a girl!)

Holy crap, thankyou VIS!!!

been waiting for this!

@purple library guy. That's what the mangaka has been doing from the start. Switching sexes constantly while it would normally be easy to recognise a person, even if he wore make-up and a wig. As set-up in a manga it might work for a while but here it has been over-shewed a bit too much to my liking. They keep hinting at shion's sex and the pairing of her and giba. Might as well get on with it, why don't they.
It has been many years since I first started reading this. When it eventually gets fully translated (2 volumes left) I'll give the whole thing a read again. It wouldn't be the first time I'm reading it from the beginning, more like the 5th or 6th time.
Shion makes a pretty hot man though.
I can see the ending, Twgok style. Giba and Shion will end up together. ;_;
...... ah finally an update
damn i already forget what this is about
Meanwhile, ch 82 seems dumb. Dumb in a predictable, perhaps almost inevitable way, but dumb nonetheless.
Spoiler
Incidentally: Thanks, Village Idiots, for a great new chapter.
Well, I'm not going to argue Gweemaren's identity discussion; I generally agree and to the minor extent I don't it's a matter of fairly open interpretation anyway, and even defining any difference of opinion would be a matter of degree that's hard to quantify.
But on the question of plumbing, I'm pretty sure I agree with Comadrin and disagree with Gweemaren: I really think Shion's naughty bits are girl ones.
Just a difference in semantics. In both the OED (p. 1126 of the compact edition, definition #3) and Webster's 9th Collegiate Dictionary (definition #1) the definition is the single word "sex." The other definitions have to do with taxonomy (genus), and language (the gender of a word). The word can be used in context with other words, like "gender identification," but the denotation of the word itself means sex.
That's not gender though. That's Shion's sex. Gender means something completely different.
Gweemaren,

Uh, sorry to be confusing by using the word "gender," but the poster with the kanji name and I were referring to Shion's plumbing, to put it crudely.
Spoiler
KelpTheGreat, thanks for a great chapter and for undertaking the B****y job of editing. There are a lot of us out here who really appreciate the efforts you and other scanlators put in to bring us great manga we couldn't enjoy otherwise. I may wish to read the entire work at one sitting, but that is not the nature of the manga beast. I am just glad to be able to read it at all.
Thank you Village Idiot and Heleleo for the new chapter. On another note, Hojo Tsukasa really likes to mess with us, when you think she is a male, there are hints otherwise and viceversa.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics