Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 228votes)

A Fairytale for the Demon Lord

Alt Names: alt A Tale for Satanalt İblis Lordu için bir Peri Masalıalt Bajka dla króla demonówalt Dongeng untuk Raja Iblisalt 마왕을위한 동화alt Picture Book for the Demon Lordalt Un Cuento de Hadas para El Señor de Los Demoniosalt Сказка для Дьявола
Author: Kim Yong-Hwan
Artist: Kim Yong-Hwan
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy TragedyWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: A Demon Lord spirited the Princess away, and cursed her with eternal sleep. Countless knights sought to save her, only to die in vain by the Demon Lord's hands. But then, a Nameless Knight arrived to vanquish him and save the Princess, ignorant of what fate had in store for him...

Original: http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/ataleforsatan
Go to A Fairytale for the Demon Lord Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Shall we try to understand the story so far? New Window josh25
  • 10 Replies
Topic Too slow New Window Evan Dark
  • 0 Replies
Topic Ending. New Window Zoro
  • 26 Replies

199 Comments

Well, I just read that in one sitting.

Spoiler
Amazing. One of the best stories I've read in a long time! Gotta love this manhwa.
This series is great, in that it doesn't go along with preconceived notions of how a series should work.
As the author said, "Why must the main character always save the world?! So what if he just chases after a girl he likes?"

The story seems very well thought out, no matter what the author says in his joke notes. The themes of obsession are very well done. Perhaps the author's obsession with school girls is to blame? ~_^

I can't wait for the sequel. I hope Kim Yong-Hwan goes far.
after reading the ending,
Spoiler
its so awesome that the princess was actually the demon lord in a sense. love that.
Love the twist at the end. It kind of reminds me of the joke Yahtzee made were he made a story board about how Boswer has to save Mario who was kidnapped by princess Peach except this story actually succeeds in not accidently making the story silly but rather tragic.
HE was the forst Demon Lord every Demon Lord seemd to be a Namless Knight how got corupted by his obssesion for the princesse
the only thing i wonder is: how the first demon lord was able to steal the princess from odin??

btw i hate nameless knight (the prot), i don't care if he dies.
this is an one of those epic greek tales of love lust obsession power jealousy all rolled in one and it's really well told.
DAMN THIS MANHWA IS SOOOOO DEEEPPP EVEN THOUGH IT'S SHORT EVERYONE SHOULD READ IT O_O
HA. I WAS RIGHT. Told you DCG!
just as i thought the knight is a asshole for killing that maid! hope the fucking princess dies so he can have a crappy look on his face.
now Odin is dead! so wonder will he try to kill the princess later.
^Same. I was loving the series and then "BAM!" he kills the guy KNOWING that he wouldn't betray him. He just wanted to be 100%. What an asshole. T^T

That aside, I want the previous demon lord (the one that had the princess in the first chapter) to come back. D:
i think the knight is the bad guy her. hes just some greedy person who will bring the destruction of the world. hes just wanting something he cant have. the original guy is trying to save the world and himself. honestly the cycle is just repeating itself. dont ike the fact that he killed that guy on chapt 8 for admiring him. the knight is an asshole!
for some reason i just dont like the knight at all. on the other hand dough the demon lord looks much cooler. also the knight is nothing special just some doll! well the story is still interesting so ill keep reading.
^ As a support to this, notice the 'Demon Lord' looked a lot like him, but with black hair; and also, that 'the knight' and the 'Demon Lord' used the exact same spell to attack / kill one another. And also the 'Demon Lord's' surprise, indicating it is not a common skill...
Indeed. Vicious cycle. Perhaps that's what the 'Doom' is, and what Odin is trying to break?
But how do the demon lords keep dying? He keeps killing himself technically then?
I don't think the nameless knight will become a 'new' demon lord- I think he IS the demon lord originally. Same princess, same demon lord. Time paradox- he took her to a fortress 'beyond the walls of frozen time,' right? Cycle is right, but the same actors, not different ones. Which is pretty Norse as well, looking at the mythology.

Also- shouldn't the raven, Memory, be 'Muninn'? Odin's ravens are 'Huginn' (thought) and 'Muninn' (memory). Source.
I have a feeling that the nameless knight will become a new demon lord and the cycle will repeat itself. Just a conjecture though.
We need this to be supported so that it can be one of the big, great ones everyone will want to read. Maybe even have an anime for it!
Now this is good use of norse mythology. The setting is brilliant with its balance of new and old elements and the art, though imperfect, is full of passion and vitality. This may turn out to be a masterpiece.
This looks very promising.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics