Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.34 - 44votes)

Kanade

Alt Names: alt 奏 梦中情人alt 奏〜かなで〜alt 奏~かなで~alt 카나데alt Kanade (SEGAMI Akira)
Author: Segami Akira
Artist: Segami Akira
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A high school student has been seeing visions of a girl in his dreams, when suddenly he meets her at school. Oddly, they can both see (and touch) each other's guardian spirits. What is relationship between them, their guardians, and the truth behind the dreams?
Go to Kanade Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

107 Comments

HOpefully we'll see more updates later.
Haven't seen an update for a long time
Ignore my last comment. I don't know what I was talking about.
@tranhieu Have you read Kagetora? It also has a light slice-of-life feeling too.
That said, in terms of the manga category, this is not 'slice of life' but 'school life', because it tend to be based around interactions with other members of the school.
Spoiler
is it only me but this manga has quite a slice of life feel to it?
Im sure most people would have liked to do that type of fishing....
http://vatoto.com/read/_/125275/kanade_v2_ch5_by_village-idiot/37
I think i saw something like that in kagetora LOL
I quite like this one. I find it to be quite a relaxing read.

Shame it's only 5 chapters as of this post.
-.- dammit
omg the art..
the cover.. kirei..
chibi w poms.. kawaii..
and the page before table of contents.. adorable..

Campione and Zero no Tsukaima can learn from this art.. (In the novels they're described as extreme beauties but I don't feel that watching the anime..)
we do need more staff to work on this, if possible.
pretty nice, would like to see more of this soon :D
We need MOAR OF THIS! T_T
Village Idiot, y u no scanlate moarrrrrrrrrrrr
D=
@ Mimamotte : 'Kagetora is from 2002 and was his first work '
I thought Segami Akira is a ' she '.....
Hope village idiot would scan the entire volume and update them weekly ~
Thanks for the hard work ^-^
Manga actually evolve alot in just one year not to mention 4 years, but how much changes occur depends on each individual Mangaka themselves.

Some authors may feel comfortable with their current art styles and decides to stick to it, while the more adventurous authors will try out new things.

If you did read -Kagetora-, you will see that the art form isn't too far from -Kanade-, but the latter is more polished and have a modern feel to it.
"This series is from 2008 thus the art style feels very old-school, but personally I like this."

I think we have very different ideas about what qualifies as an "old-school" art style. Art from 2008 looks a lot like art from 2012; it really hasn't been long enough for any sort of significant shift in art styles since then. When I think "old-school" I think 80s or earlier. Art from the 90s is visually distinct from modern stuff, but I wouldn't call it old-school either.
And so his arduous journey to start a harem begins.
i think i smell a harem coming
This series is from 2008 thus the art style feels very old-school, but personally I like this.

@blindbox Kagetora is from 2002 and was his first work, I've no idea why you dislike it. Just know that we can't judge a Manga by comparing them to other Manga series.
This feels like old-school series, slow pace, normal protagonist, but for some reason is quite enjoyable, the characters are not hate-able. You could say is one of those old romance comedy from the good times.
I don't understand what everyone's problem is. Plot? What plot? It's a romance. The plot is, he tries to Get The Girl. Oh, sure, there'll be some other stuff, past lives, family connections, identities of the guardian spirits, all that, but it's window dressing; the romance is the core. The important thing at the beginning, what needs to be established, is the feeling of what the major characters are like and how they interact. IMO it does well at that.
And I don't think the male lead is so bad. Sure, he's a clumsy conversationalist around the girl of his dreams when he first meets her. Who isn't? But he's sane and fairly sensible and pretty determined and not a compulsive hentai; gives him a leg up on lots of shounen heroes.
So far, I'm liking it.
Stupid main character is stupid.

I know originality is hard to come by, but DAMN this is cliche. (We're already hinting about past lives in chapter 2? Goddamn, how about establishing the plot first?)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics