Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.58 - 107votes)

Amanchu!

Alt Names: alt Amanchualt あまんちゅ!alt 藍海少女alt 海之少女
Author: Amano Kozue
Artist: Amano Kozue
Genres: Comedy ComedySchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hikari Kohinata is a cheerful 15 year-old girl who lives near the ocean and she spends much of her time diving as a result. On her first day of high school, she meets a teacher who also likes scuba diving. There's also a 16 year-old classmate, Futaba, who gets dragged along in Hikari's maelstrom as soon as they meet at school.
Go to Amanchu! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

165 Comments

Augh, I've missed this series.
a new scanlateing group? What happened to Amano scans?
Anywho, thanks for the latest chapt.
Please, leave the tags alone. As KidCongo explained, it's a shounen series. I think a lot of the confusion stems from "shounen" being listed as a genre when it's not - it's a demographic i.e targeted at young males, hence being published in a shounen magazine.
When i'm reading it, it feels more like shoujo, but i hear people going on about how its more shounen. I rather have the tags between shoujo or shounen removed because this manga doesn't fit in any of the category. Its simply Slice of Life manga.
It is difficult to tag this with a demographic genre tag. Shounen seems to want frenetic action, big boobs, etc. This is pure Amano, although there are even less male characters than in Aqua/Aria, in fact none that are slightly more than two-dimensional. The principal is a cat lover, with no other characteristics I have seen, and the twin brother is a punching bag/soccer ball for his sister. Heck, it seemed like there was more character to Dotty's two friends from middle school than either of the males. Maybe Amano Sensei just wanted to write something where guys don't get their muddy boots all over the girl's nice clean ivory tower.
Well, she's never done it before, and it doesn't really make sense in her storytelling style; in all of Aqua+Aria, even real couples could barely be discerned from good friends. To me, the strong point of Amano's stories is exactly that: things never get too deep or complicated, and never cease to have that particular cuteness :)
Thanks ACS!
. . . I keep wondering if the strong shoujo ai subtext will ever turn overt. I hear that's unlikely for this mangaka, but dash it all they are such a couple!
Hooray, it's back. Thanks ACS <3
Why... is it so hard to write a decent description... instead of just typing random sentences... This is sooo... annoying.
oh god, i thought you guys already dropped this.
thank you so much ACS!
You don't need male leads to qualify as shounen. Claymore is a good example, even yotsubato.
I thought this would get tagged seinen.
glad to see a new chapter.
It's shounen! Published in Comic Blade, a shounen mag.
I don't think this is shounen; unless anyone objects I'm probably going to remove that. I mean, there are hardly any male characters. The main characters are all girls. It's basically shoujo ai without the shoujo ai--two girls becoming really intense friends without it ever seeming to quite tip over into romance as such. Plus it's funny.
Don't get me wrong, I like this manga quite a lot--the characters are sweet and funny and it just has this nice cheerful feel. Nothing much happens, but it doesn't have to because everyone's having a good time. But shounen it isn't. Even the sports tag is kinda misleading--I mean, sure, they're in the diving club and they're learning how and stuff, but it's more recreational than sporty. There's certainly not even the vaguest indication that anyone might want to compete at anything.
By the way, Hikari is just like Yotsuba all grown up. Cheerful, unstoppable, oddly naive, and she gets those buggy eyes when she's surprised or thrilled.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics