Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 261votes)

Nobunaga no Chef

Alt Names: alt A Chef of Nobunagaalt ยอดเชฟของโนบุนางะalt 信長のシェフalt 信長的主廚alt Kokinya Nobunagaalt Le chef de Nobunaga (French)alt Nobunaga's Koch
Author: Nishimura Mitsuru
Artist: Kajikawa Takurou
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ken is a modern-day chef who wakes up one morning in war-torn 16th century Japan. Faced with an impossible situation, he does what he does best – he cooks. Soon, word of his wonderful food reaches the capital, and the ears of warlord Oda Nobunaga, who immediately orders Ken to cook for him. What will happen to Ken as he finds himself stumbling around in an era he doesn't belong?
Go to Nobunaga no Chef Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hooray! New Window Maglad
  • 0 Replies
Topic nobunaga oda and cao cao New Window aang_sapi
  • 8 Replies

766 Comments

Im just found there is a dorama about this manga http://www.gooddrama.net/japanese-drama/nobunaga-no-chef-episode-1
@BlackHayate: Yeah, I was pretty confused about that too... I have both a guess and another question:

My guess is that, Ken based his recipe on the caldo verde, which is supposed to have potato in it. He didn't have potatoes, but he still called it potage because of what he was 'trying' to make.

My second question is that, if caldo verde didn't exist yet (I think the potato was only introduced to Portugal in the 1530s or 1540s by portuguese explorers who went to South America and it was in a pretty primitive form.), how did Frois think of it as his nation's soup? This too might be explained by an older form of Portuguese kale soup, however, even so, the use of dried cod in caldo verde, although not unheard of, isn't really normal (normally garnished with chorico or just olive oil).

Without the olive oil, potato or even the kale, it couldn't have been that close to whatever Frois could (or shouldn't have been able to) remember.

Still a great read, nonetheless~ Maybe there are reasonable explanations for all these, but I still haven't figured it out.
I like manga that introduce unfamiliar things to me. Cooking and beautiful food is a definite bonus. I'm loving it so far; I think the best part is that I find myself learning new things.
Spoiler
Discovered this and Thermae Romae in the same day. It's a good day for time travel manga...and it also reminds me of Jin.
I think it's more Hyougemono with food (and time travel).
Is this anything like Thermae Romae, but with food?
This is like the cooking version of JIn
Need more ASAP, this is freaking awesome.
bloody awesome read, can't wait for the next chapter
Food and Sengoku Jidai, reason enough for me to follow.
Same author as hell's kitchen. Insta-fav
I have found this one to be great. Now I wonder what happened to the other three.
food,seinen, time travel im loving this
Finally thanks guys!
I dont know what it is but there is something about cooking manga that fascinates me. Im glad I found a new one.
i read a couple of chapters on another site, while i'm not a huge fan of cooking manga, this one was quite a nice change of pace and the historical aspects are interesting.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics