Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 166votes)

Yowamushi Pedal

Alt Names: alt โอตาคุน่องเหล็กalt 弱虫ペダルalt En selle, Sakamichi !alt 飆速宅男alt Weakling Pedal
Author: Watanabe Wataru
Artist: Watanabe Wataru
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Otaku Sakamichi Onoda has just entered high school and plans to join the anime club. In middle school, Onoda didn’t have any friends with whom he could talk about anime, games, Akihabara and other otaku things, and he is hoping he can make such friends in the anime club, but he finds out it's been disbanded. In order to reestablish the club he tries to find 4 other people who would like to join.

Since he was a little boy, Onoda has ridden his mamachari–a bulky bicycle with a step-through frame mainly used for short rides, such as for casual fun or to pick up groceries–to go to Akihabara every week to check out or buy otaku things. Fellow freshman Shunsuke Imaizumi and bicyclist, while training, notices a boy (Onoda) riding his mamachari up a steep road.

Freshman and road racing cyclist, Shokichi Naruko visits Akihabara to get some Gundam plastic models for his younger brothers and meets Onoda who catches his attention because of the his cycling skill on the mamachari and later find out they go to the same school. Later on, both Naruko and Imaizumi try to convince him to join the bicycle racing club, but will he?
Go to Yowamushi Pedal Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Licensed? New Window buttouchkohai
  • 2 Replies

360 Comments

The amount in that volume felt like nothing...

To those who don't know this yet, there's going to be an anime adaptation this year.

Anime website.

Why the volumes are so short!?

Nooo, why do I read so fast? It just makes the chapters run out faster...

I'm sad that I finished reading the available chapters too fast ; ^ ;

I love the random vignettes where random people give out information of do funny stuff. Great manga as well.

Ooooooooooh I love this!!!!!

Havent been this into a sports manga for a long, long time. Got me pumped up too!!!

Cant wait for more releases!!!! Probs become one of my favourite manga now. XD

I hate that guy who came in 3rd place.

Spoiler

Wahh... 1 Volume Update!!! Thanks sukikatte group.. ^_^

waah,, this is soo good. i laughed very hard in chapter 1 when

Spoiler

@FalconBane

:D :D i m just following the releases.. cant leave a good manga unread :P  and a bunch of releases simultaneously is a good indication of a decent manga :D

Will chk out Kuitan and the others u mentioned too.. thnks fr the heads up :P

Great manga!

Spoiler

@cloud

quit stalking me! D:

But yeah, there's a bunch that's like that, Kuitan was just recently picked up too, there's a bunch that's kinda abandoned though, Moyashimon, God of Wine, Tsurenai, etc...  Most ppls don't even know there were suikoden manga prior to III T.T

Thank you thank you thank you thank you :)!!!

I'm going to read this sukikatte.

Awsome! Love it!!

I wish I could do that. I think I can go 5 km per hr. Dont have any accurate measurement method.

It's pretty much impossible to go that slow on a bike, you'd fall down or spend more energy trying to remain upright than pedalling. Unless you're going on a fierce uphill or you've got one hell of a headwind. FWIW normal walking speed is 3~5km/h

Never could understand how good mangas with so many volumes in their own country could go on for so long without being noticed... thnks a lot for the releases

Thats crazy speed they are achieving :(. I wish I could do that. I think I can go 5 km per hr. Dont have any accurate measurement method.
Hmm I don't really like the art style, but the characters and plot make up for it. Can't say no to a manga where I can't dislike a single character.
Ahh I feel like getting my road bike and heading out for a trip again.
@popske
I had a pretty shitty bike for my first bike as well. The pedals snapped so I cut out some plywood and affixed it with duct tape and metal wire over what was left of the pedals...

Now I have a much more expensive bike, and the difference in weight when I first got on it caused me to go zooming off, much to the amazement of everyone around me. I had never had as much fun on a bike until then.
I remember once when riding my bike, the pedals fell off. haha shitty bike
The very reasons the MC loves to bicycle are the very same reasons I love to bicycle. The feeling of going anywhere on your own two legs, the sense of speed you get, and the fact that in the end, you're challenging yourself to do better make me love biking.
loving these updates in volumes
Pretty interesting and I don't even mine the typical weak glasses MC this time around. A lot of story to go as well with it currently being on volume 27.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics