Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.57 - 21votes)

Senjou no Valkyria 2 - Soukou no Aliasse

Alt Names: alt Gallian Chronicles 2alt Senjō no Valkyria 2alt Valkyria Chronicles 2alt Valkyria Chronicles 2 - Aliasse of The Blue Lightalt 戦場のヴァルキュリア2
Author: Sega
Artist: Shido Daisuke
Genres: Action ActionEcchi EcchiHistorical HistoricalSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Related:

> Senjou no Valkyria - Gallian Chronicles
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/senjou-no-valkyria-gallian-chronicles-r4386 )
Go to Senjou no Valkyria 2 - Soukou no Aliasse Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

36 Comments

And here we are chapters 3 and 4.  Read 'em and weep :).  This puts us halfway through volume 1  and things are picking up.  Those of you who have played the game from beginning to end will notice that this does follow the games story (for those who hated it, sorry guys.  You work with what's available), of course it's told from an entirely different perspective (Magari and Aliasse, how's that for an odd couple), which should make it a little more interesting.  One thing I like about this particular viewpoint is the way Julianna is handled.

The games story portrayed Julianna in a very bad light (I know she was supposed to be tsundere, but a racist tsundere is a bad combo and honestly leaves a bitter taste behind and of course is my least favorite character).  In the manga she gets some much needed development and a bit of softening (very badly needed).  Because of this my opinion of her went up a bit.  What do you think?

Three more chapters to go and that closes out volume 1.  We'll hit up volume 2 soonest.  Later.

It is possible to skip VC2 without missing anything?

Sales numbers don't make a good game.

But it is a more objective basis from which to estimate the sentiments of the majority of the player base, rather than the opinions of a few individual players.

Japanese player doesn't seem to entirely agree, since all three Valkyria Chronicles games sold within ballpark range of each other in Japan (a little over or under 200k each).

If anything, Sega's biggest mistake with VCII was seriously misjudging how receptive Western players would be towards the change in platform from PS3 to PSP, and the changes in gameplay from larger maps and a more streamlined squad-focused upgrade system, to much smaller maps and more individual character-focused grind-fest upgrade system.

Sales numbers don't make a good game.

The problem with VC2 isn't the change of platform or the smaller environments, it's the setting. Boring high school animu events one after the other, interclass tournaments for no good reason other than stretching the incredibly thin plot and once in a while they actually let you fight in the war. Not one moment where you actually feel like you made a difference in the war effort, every single thing you do, the Gallian army could've done better. But they sent you just 'cause.

VC3 has the same structure gameplay-wise and is easily on par with the original on the PS3, because once again you feel like you're fighting against overwhelming odds in an actual war. And your entire squad isn't halfway through puberty or have yet to hit it. That helps too.

Aliasse was the only good thing in that shitfest of a game.

Marion was nice too I guess.

Japanese player doesn't seem to entirely agree, since all three Valkyria Chronicles games sold within ballpark range of each other in Japan (a little over or under 200k each).

If anything, Sega's biggest mistake with VCII was seriously misjudging how receptive Western players would be towards the change in platform from PS3 to PSP, and the changes in gameplay from larger maps and a more streamlined squad-focused upgrade system, to much smaller maps and more individual character-focused grind-fest upgrade system.

Aliasse was the only good thing in that shitfest of a game.

Marion was nice too I guess.

Just a quick comment and hello.  I'm the one who originally commissioned Tonigobe to translate this manga of VC2 about a year ago.  We've been looking for a good venue  for it and decided to rest here.  I have all of volume 1 and will be posting it over the next few days and we'll be working on volume 2 later this year.  There's only two volumes to this manga and I intend to finish them, so don't worry it won't vanish without a trace.  I hope you enjoy.

Wooot Aliasse~

And then I remember we'll nvr get VC3 in amurica .___.

Q.Q
>In Japan, high school is a cherished time

Someone obviously didn't play VC2.
>too bad the story spent too much time on playing up high school tropes and not enough time on the actual war impact.

Oh, so you'd rather have the game playing up war tropes instead? Honestly, the only reason VC2 did so badly in America is due to simple cultural differences. In Japan, high school is a cherished time, while in America most gamers remember it as the worst time of their lives. It was "too Japanese" for American tastes, so it's no wonder Sega did not release Valkyria Chronicles 3 in the West.
I mean, the game was called in Japan "Valkyria Chronicles 2: Gallian Royal Military Academy", so complaining to the developers about having "spent too much time on playing up high school tropes and not enough time on the actual war impact." is kind of ridiculous, if you ask me.
The game had good gameplay, too bad the story spent too much time on playing up high school tropes and not enough time on the actual war impact. (The ending is dark as fuck if you realize what all the fighting for in the end)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics