Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 976votes)

Koe no Katachi

Alt Names: alt A Silent Voicealt 声之形alt รักไร้เสียงalt 聲の形alt 聲之形alt 목소리의 형태alt La forma de la vozalt Sesin Şeklialt The Shape of a Voicealt هيئة الصوتalt Wujud Sebuah Suaraalt Форма Голоса
Author: Ooima Yoshitoki
Artist: Ooima Yoshitoki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shouya Ishida, a boy always looking for ways to beat boredom, ends up looking for it in the wrong place. Weirded out by his new classmate, a deaf transfer student named Shouko Nishimiya, he deems her as the target of his ostracizing and bullying. Day after day, Shouya picks on Shouko, unaware of the effects of his thoughtless actions. He finally understands the pain he has inflicted on her when one day, his bullying culminates in her leaving the school, and his classmates begin to shun and harass him every chance they get instead. Determined to right his wrongs, five years later, Shouya, now a third year high school loner, meets Shouko again. Thus begins the story of a young man's path to redemption.
Go to Koe no Katachi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is this worth reading? New Window Kenshin-dono
  • 26 Replies
Topic The hearing aids; what's their point? New Window Joe-Kerr
  • 2 Replies
Topic Koe no Kitachi anime confirmed New Window KeK
  • 5 Replies
Topic What happened to the sister? New Window Sennkestra
  • 16 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Blue Flaming Wings
  • 72 Replies
Topic I am outraged at the father New Window Joe-Kerr
  • 2 Replies

2149 Comments

Im glad this ended the way it did. The way the boy went to her and apologized even after all that time says a lot about his character. It's not always easy to admit when you're wrong, especially when you're a kid. This gets a 5/5 from me
So only the MC gets punished and not the classmates? Granted MC did most of the bullying but common, they all got away with it? The fuck?!
As a person with disability myself, this was quite good. The difference is, I was the bullied and the bully as well. Yeah, I know how to fight back since I was a kid which is probably what makes my classmates and schoolmates respect me.
Ugh, right in the feels. That was a good one shot. I don't think it would work as a serialization, but as a one off, it was really well done.
This is good but also gave me chills..
Isn't it those who had physical disability are supposed to go into some kind of special school or something?
Well, it's not like all people could accept someone like that you know (moreover they're still a middle schooler)..
and that's usually end up with bullying..
If this had gotten serialized I would have loved to see how the relashionship between those would develop
it's scary to think this kind of bullying really happens in reality and nobody does anything about it in their school and even worse sometimes even their own parents.
I think it's good that the author focused on the main girl's salvation rather than punishment to the evil. I think she would be more happy that way. I will imagine the hell that the rest will go through myself.
when I said I hoped this oneshot would not get a serialization I did not said it because I think it does not deserve it but because I think its a great story for an oneshot and a series would ruin it and also because I probably could not stand so much cruelty on a regular basis, my heart would break after the second chapter or something like that and still because its such a great oneshot it would make me follow the manga if the story gets one
well this was really cruel, the male MC was such an asshole that I did not felt even an ounce of pity for him when he was bullied but hell the rest of the cast was even worse. I liked and hated this story at the same time, so I guess it fullfil its purpose. Thanks for the onshot and I hope it does not get a serialization, it probably would reach Berserk levels of cruelty without a single drop of blood(ummmm there was blood in this chapter so this last statement was not entirely true)
This is a really good Slice of Life chapter/manga to read. It really brings out what might actually be happening to people suffering from disability in this world.

God bless.
Middle school was the pits of hell, indeed.
@PLG
Well then, I suppose I was lucky then, never was bullied nor have I witnessed bullying of this devilish level. The kids I grew up with were never anything near this, sure they pulled pranks here and there but never outright bullied anyone. Hell, I was a tall fat kid back then on top of being a loner most of the time yet I was never targeted (despite having all the qualities of a prime target). But again, I was probably lucky.

Regardless, through the years I've seen kids around me escalating in their bad actions but bullying of this evil evil level is something I've only started to see recently.
Yeah, what everyone else said. Randrakan, kids were totally like that when I was a kid. I used to get my glasses broken regularly, chased around the schoolyard by like five kids etc.; nasty little creeps they were.
Where I live they're actually a lot less like that now, my daughter's schools really haven't had bullying. They've got comprehensive well designed anti-bullying stuff starting from young, so they head it off before it really gets started.
She's too forgiving, but it was still a good read. Pretty touching.
That was a good good read, it shows how a simple one-shot story can have more meaning and more substance than a long ongoing series.
oh WTF!!! -_-" so the teacher and the students get off with no punishment at all in the end! that really pissed me off to no end. I like that they got to be friends but it just doesn't sit right that everybody else got away with it UGHHHH!!!!!
That was truly truly fucked up. I felt so bad for that poor girl, good Lord. He still has a fuckton long way to go to make it up to her, and fuck the rest of her class. Mob mentality and human ignorance at its finest. Disgusting. Hopefully if this gets picked up, we can see how stuff continue!
the ending was so nice.. too bad its a 1 shot. but honestly who cares. it was sweet to see he studied sign language for her sake..
Really, really good story! It's a crime to prevent this from being published.

That said...Jesus H. Christ these kids were evil as fuck, that's not being ignorant nor childish...that's just meaning mean spirited. Kids weren't like this when I was a kid...at least not the kids I knew O.o.
What scares me is that there actually are kids like that nowadays...I fear for the next generation.
Someone almost didn't let this to be published? What? Why? WHY? Is it one of those grandpas thats out of touch of todays youth?
Ahhh Youth...ignorance is bliss, I guess.
This is beautiful.
Posted Image

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics