Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.54 - 177votes)

World Embryo

Alt Names: alt ワールドエンブリオalt 월드엠브리오alt World Embryo - เวิลด์เอมบริโอalt World Embryo - 救世之繭alt 救世之茧
Author: Moriyama Daisuke
Artist: Moriyama Daisuke
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A deadly virus is spreading across mankind, turning humans into gruesome monsters known as ‘Kanshu'. Yet no one knows of their existence, except for the organization called ‘F.L.A.G.', dedicated to hunting down and destroying the source of the infection. Its members possess extraordinary powers, capable of unleashing righteous fury on their enemies.

One day, a cell phone message from a dead relative leads estranged youth Riku Amami unwittingly into the conflict between F.L.A.G. and Kanshu - and to a mysterious cocoon that would change his life forever, for better or worse…
Go to World Embryo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Translating Riku's Nickname New Window Vance Finiraldi
  • 3 Replies
Topic If one death saves many.... New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Disscussion New Window MrFeatherFang
  • 6 Replies
Topic When it really pays to inform the public New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies

298 Comments

I kind of liked how the proposed kyuuki version of Arisuguwa looked. I can't wait for Takao to kill Arisuguwa for her core, and Riku to kill Ende in revenge, only to find out that kyuuki return to an embryo state once dead. I'm guessing Riku will then use the embryo on Arisuguwa's dead body and create the kyuuki arisu. And then maybe Takao will finally gather up all the cores, but realize he can't restore Julie. So he destroys the cores to turns Julie back into an embryo. He'll then turn Yui into a kyuuki because he happened to have a fetish for keeping dead bodies in a freezer. Yui's kyuuki will probably inherit Julie's jinki ability, while Riku will probably have learned how to fight by turning cages into weapons. There will be a big fight where the theme of support by friends vs. self-reliance will pop up many times. And finally, Riku will manage to gain all three kyuuki's and do some awesome world domination shit.

Is it just me or are the pages in chap 73 out of order? pages 23-26 in particular are not in the right place i think....

I don`t think that the pages are mixed up. They are logically connected with each other.
Is it just me or are the pages in chap 73 out of order? pages 23-26 in particular are not in the right place i think....
Epic Epic Epic Epic! I know I did right by following this manga with the "tragic" tag!
How the fuq do I use a spoiler tag?

@rc1138 It was said multiple times before that when a Kyuuki becomes and adult, their past memories will return, as in they will become the person they were before dying. In this case Neenee grew into the same age she was before dying, therefore becoming Amane+NeeNee.

Also, seems like Riku got an upgrade...shit just got real
cool, 2 chapters in one day :D

*reads the chapters*

... shit just got real O.o
so glad new chs are out and 2 in one day ZOMG
Spoiler
Poor Riku. The fate is just too cruel for him.
Android reference instead of Iphone is fresh. HTC desire owners would be pleased.
when I read this I think about shiki series
Evil Sexy Nene FTW!
WTF! =O I wonder how Rena would react to that...
Oh my,

Spoiler
Sigh...waiting a month for a new chapter is so depressing. Starting to think anyone with the name daisuke is ironically going to make me depressed. First HOTD now this a different daisuke makes a good manga with a huge cliffhanger :(
Just because it's listed as seinen it doesn't mean it can't have shounen elements.
In fact, i think this is much more popular with shounen readers.

My extended comment is there only because the manga is fairly well made, but in my opinion betrays the expectations it builds with its plot. Fellow seinen readers who look for proper developments may save themselves some time if they read it and get what i mean by chapter 30 or so.
Chapter 71: Another cliffhanger.
Spoiler
Well Can't say I didn't see that coming.
OMG OMG OMG OMG 71 chapter is really good but that cliffhanger OMG OMG how long i have to wait for see what happens that's gona kill me ... nene nene are you kidding me you go again with Papa and Papa is going to kill you ... This manga really is going in happy sad ending
I don't know why this manga is not in the top of the rank in batoto yet. This manga has everything to be better then a lot of manga out there.
Just one word for this manga. Awesome.
I highly recommend this manga. If you didn't read yet. You should try it.
Writing a review without even knowing the genre.

Awesome.

Nevertheless, this was an interesting manga to read. It is certainly one of the better ones to get your hands on.
You know this is seinen manga no?
nice review i dont agree completly with it but is ok everyone can have differents points of view, in my case i like the heavy atmosphere cause by the somewhat depressive plot, also maybe you should use the spoiler tags next time you adress the argument so extensively
The art and plot of this manga are remarkable, however nothing positive ever happens in the first 65 chapters.

The protagonists start with more or less concealed despair. Flashbacks then reveal how they were already in despair before the story even started and in the end they seem to be in even more despair. The comic relief of school life in early chapters disappears pretty quickly as well.
Good shounen elements, like raising a cute little kid or cool supernatural battles are constantly overshadowed by the depressing negativity of the plot.
Also, the main moral of the story seems to be "lies are bad and hurt people", which, of course, is the most childish moral ever conceived and probably wasn't properly evaluated by the author, hence many main character developments are awkward or nonsensical.

Finally, this manga takes heavy inspiration from Evangelion in both story and art, with some embarrassing and pretty much direct outtakes, like the "cage" being identical to the at-field in both description and visual effects (this was quickly changed to a ring graphic in later chapters) and a pretty striking "event" that will make whoever saw The End of Evangelion roll their eyes.

In conclusion this isn't a bad manga, but in a lot of moments, when you expect it to transcend common shounen standards it falls back towards them, without the simple excitement of a typical shounen plot to compensate for the lack of originality.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics