Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 195votes)

Rin (HAROLD Sakuishi)

Alt Names: alt リン
Author: Harold Sakuishi
Artist: Harold Sakuishi
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Fushimi is a high-school student who also aspires to be a mangaka. Rin is a model who appears to be able to see the future. What will happen in the future?
Go to Rin (HAROLD Sakuishi) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Official Chapter Discussion New Window gopackgo555
  • 4 Replies

445 Comments

i'm reading a manga to see a continuation of a manga inside a manga

:V

Any hope for the volumes to come to America?

Cover 12!!

51IJScIHZ4L.jpg

Well doesnt this look familair. Once upon a time in the west anybody?

Spoiler

More like Blondie and Chico ;)

Nope, just imagine if remember or presence is in real life, and PCP or crow also in real life.
I'll chose PCP, It's weird if Presence can take in first place.
And the struggling of making manga is convinced more in Bakuman than Rin.
Competition betwen Ashirogi & Neiji more than Fushimi & Taki.

You are making a rather nonsensical comparison here, though; Bakuman focuses almost solely on Weekly Jump, which is a completely different kind of magazine, producing completely different kinds of manga, than the one depicted in Rin. Sure, in both manga they are trying to create manga which are simply "interesting," but manga like PCP and Crow are geared toward a younger audience than manga like Presence or Remember, and that makes all the difference. It's like comparing Ballroom e Youkoso with Sesuji wo Pin! to.

Additionally, in Bakuman, reader opinion (the survey results, as well as volume sales) is everything, and they are all battling to capture the readers' attention. The struggle depicted in Rin is more complex, involving much more of the artists' lives and experiences in the creation of their manga, rather than simply striving to create the manga most interesting or attractive to the readers. I think that both Bakuman and Rin are good, but in this sense of depth I would say that Rin surpasses Bakuman.

I think it already did. there's a certain depth in Rin that Bakuman lacks. well that's just my own opinion though.

Nope, just imagine if remember or presence is in real life, and PCP or crow also in real life.
I'll chose PCP, It's weird if Presence can take in first place.
And the struggling of making manga is convinced more in Bakuman than Rin.
Competition betwen Ashirogi & Neiji more than Fushimi & Taki.

i always thought that the manga would go this direction so i hated the antagonist from the first moment (yes i know that's imature :P )

This could surpass Bakuman if the author keeps this quality up.

Just don't remind them of the island arc

I think it already did. there's a certain depth in Rin that Bakuman lacks. well that's just my own opinion though.

Spoiler

challenge-accepted.png

"I didn't have to lie, so why did I?"

It's like poetry, I don't think anything needs to be said.

Though I guess worth noting is that we can draw that likely Rin is the path to hell.

My prediction is that she functions as his muse. If he chases after her, his work will reach greater inspired heights than with the "safe route", Honda, but doing so will bring ruin to them both.

Worth it? Eh, I would.

if there's something like sharing a dream with the girl, some flashback or vision about the past (also sharing with the same girl), a "connection" when you just meet and she's a beauty with nice personality (and helps a lot in your work), I'll personally chose her even if she's actually the one who will lead to hellish route lol

so far Honda looks like nothing but a hinderance to his work and if we try to do it logically, it won't really be the good route. Loss of friend trust is also another sign that she won't do much good if we believe the oracle

Well doesnt this look familair. Once upon a time in the west anybody?

Spoiler

This could surpass Bakuman if the author keeps this quality up.

Just don't remind them of the island arc

The moment those two met each other, they knew. There's gotta be something supernatural about the relationship between those three. The author better not try bring the cute assistant girl into this.

"I didn't have to lie, so why did I?"

It's like poetry, I don't think anything needs to be said.

Though I guess worth noting is that we can draw that likely Rin is the path to hell.

My prediction is that she functions as his muse. If he chases after her, his work will reach greater inspired heights than with the "safe route", Honda, but doing so will bring ruin to them both.

Worth it? Eh, I would.

It is not just about his relationship with her either, its about his journey and growth through life

Yeah, but wasn't there some flashback with ancient pseudo-fushimi and rinesque girl, looking like some couple? 

There are many interesting ways that this story could go in, but stuff like that makes me think it'll still end with some kind of 'destined-to-be-together' crap. 

I'm sure the manga won't focus solely on Rin anytime soon but in Sakuishi's works strange visions are not to be taken lightly.

Plot twist: the two girls in the oracle are Rin and Lu, and Honda is the path he carved for himself? :))
Looking forward to next chapter

A step from honda san

"You've made a good choice"??
Oh god, I don't know what to think anymore.

I'm so glad this series isn't weekly. I can think of a few places where ending the chapter would have had me cursing Harold Sakuishi to death. Hell, I'm amazed at the sheer volume of pages we get every month. It's ridiculous.

P.S. I, too, want to hear Human Fly live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xu3sP1JzTE

So, the prophecy was fullfilled?

I mean he chose Honda (in a simple situation), covered with a lie and the consequences will be enormous(loss of trust from his friends to begin with).

I wanted so bad to see Koyuki, but we got Chiba instead! That's awesome too!

This chapter was so intense that I needed to take breaks to be able to read it properly.

He just stepped a mine.

I love this series so much, every chapter is so damn satisfying.

WHAT A MAD MAN

Rin's obviously the hell route, it wouldn't be interesting otherwise. I guess Honda might be the "safe normal" route but I still don't think her deep interest in the Fushimi is normal, there's gotta be something more to it.

That's kinda to be expected. The author obviously plans this to be a very long epic and, despite being the titular character, it is not about Rin, it is about Fushimi. It is not just about his relationship with her either, its about his journey and growth through life; despite the supernatural context, I think this is what this manga is ultimately about. This isn't your harem and/or female character marketing series.

Its kinda like how the Zelda series is about Link, though I'm sure Rin will be a far more important plot character than Zelda is.

And "Annie Hall" is really about Woody Allen's fictional stand-in Alvy Singer and how he deals with love and loss. Yes, yes, it is understood that Rin is very metaphorical, but muses are more interesting to me when they are more fleshed out and actually spend more time on-screen. That's just me, man.

Fushimi reminds me of Tatsumi's stand in for himself in "A Drifting Life" in that he seems somewhat detached from relationships as he dedicates his life for his art; in fact, this most recent declaration of independence where he rejects the omens of the faux fortuneteller suggests to me the possibility of a third path--one where he will look back at lost chances of romance with a tinge of regret but self-satisfaction that he was always true to himself. Guess that will be ok, too.

Anyways, ever since the climax of the island arc, this manga has felt to be drifting to me; time will tell if the final payoff is anything as dark as the foreshadowing, but I assume Rin will take some part in that, otherwise, what is the point of having her as a title character? I will await to see how it all ties together...

Rin's obviously the hell route, it wouldn't be interesting otherwise. I guess Honda might be the "safe normal" route but I still don't think her deep interest in the Fushimi is normal, there's gotta be something more to it.

Argh, titular character finally shows up again and the MC barely interacts with her the entire chapter???? He spends more time chatting with the "faux" fortune teller.

Even if this is the Rin route, he's barely spent any significant time with her since the island incident.

That's kinda to be expected. The author obviously plans this to be a very long epic and, despite being the titular character, it is not about Rin, it is about Fushimi. It is not just about his relationship with her either, its about his journey and growth through life; despite the supernatural context, I think this is what this manga is ultimately about. This isn't your harem and/or female character marketing series.

Its kinda like how the Zelda series is about Link, though I'm sure Rin will be a far more important plot character than Zelda is.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics