Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 128votes)

Billy Bat

Alt Names: alt ビリーバットalt بيلي بات
Author: Urasawa Naoki & Nagasaki Takashi
Artist: Urasawa Naoki
Genres: Drama DramaHistorical HistoricalMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Billy Bat is a comic-in-a-comic and the real protagonist is a Japanese-American artist named Kevin Yamagata who draws Billy Bat for "Marble Comics".

Shortly after they transition to the artist in his studio with his assistant, two actual detectives, who look like Laurel and Hardy in Dick Tracy era suits and trench coats, knock on the door and appropriate Kevin's room for the purpose of conducting surveillance on a room in an adjacent building. One of the detectives, the skinny “Laurel”, sees Kevin's work and it turns out he's a Billy Bat fan. The other chubby "Hardy" detective picks up a page and says that the characters look familiar and accuses Kevin of translating an old "Jap" comic.

As Hardy remembers the comic he thinks Kevin is ripping off, we make another Urasawaesque time jump to 1949 Tokyo...
Go to Billy Bat Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Off the rails New Window wigjump
  • 1 Replies
Topic Black or White? New Window LuneSave
  • 2 Replies
Topic Latest chapter New Window EterPuralis
  • 2 Replies

139 Comments

It just keeps getting better. I wonder how long it'll be.
i was surprised at how complicatedly epic this manga is getting and his talk with Einstein was really intelligent
Holy cow, this is incredibly good.
Really good, I like this author's work.
The description put me off but as soon as i got into it, I realised that it's his usual best work.
It's a good manga, a rare type of manga too.
OK, this is a gigantic trip...too surreal. Judas, America, Japan, foresight, all too much, too much man, I mean MOON LANDING.
WAT
The Moon Landing Conspiracy as well? Next chapter a bat is gonna tell Paul McCartney to commit suicide.
Never fuck with the elderly.
Pyooooonnnn !

Dont't fuck with the elderly Japanese :D
I'm fully ready to abandon my belief in infinite universes if Einstein says a talking bat told him so.
Take that, Multiverse !
Easily Urasawa's most surreal work. The entire thing is a total trip.
Chapters 46-53 are unavailable due to Mangastream & BInktopia's policy, [no rehosting for all of the releases],
Where are chapters 46 to 53? I see updated once a week, whilst I can't read it because I have not read those! Frustratiiiiiing!
Yeesh! now its messed up

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics