Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.41 - 27votes)

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée

Alt Names: alt 异国迷宫的十字路口alt Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinthalt Crossroads of the Foreign Labyrinthalt 異国迷路のクロワーゼalt Ikoku Meiro no Croiseealt 이국미로의 크로와제alt La Croisée dans un labyrinthe étranger
Author: Takeda Hinata
Artist: Takeda Hinata
Genres: Historical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: During the second half of the 19th century, Europe became intrigued by the Japanese culture. A Japanese girl named Yune travels to France, where she started working in the lower parts of a town in Paris at a craft store called Enseignes du Roy. She and the store owner named Claude communicate with each other in order to get over their cultural differences. This is the story of Yune's stay in Paris.
Go to Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

31 Comments

I don't think this could be categorized as Seinen either case. The Seinen element is missing.
I am not sure if this is shounen, but if it's serialized in a shounen manga, I guess we can put it that way~
does someone else think that the drawing in chapter 9 wasn´t as good as in the other chapters?
I dunno, Liar. It could be a breath mind and a candy mint. I won't argue with your description of the relationship, but I don't think that means romantic elements are impossible or even really unlikely, although if they do come it's likely to be slowly.

. . . it just occurred to me what this reminds me of, in a way: Howl's Moving Castle. Not the story or the castle, but the look and feel of the towns and shops the main character lives in before she finds the castle.
Unfortunately, Shounen/Seinen isn't a genre. If a comic is published in a Shounen magazine, as Ikoku Meiro no Croisée is, then it's Shounen, that's all there is to it.
I don't believe [Shounen] is a fitting tag for this manga, so I replaced it with [Seinen] instead.

Anyway, I'm in agreement with PLG. The main heroine is a very innocent and pure-hearted girl, a fitting foil for the male lead whom is rather cynical and conscious of his surroundings. However, for those of you looking for romance, I will have to say that this isn't that kind of story. The relationship between the two main characters is more akin to that of a familial bond that nurtures their growth, expanding their perspective of the world and themselves.

I would also like to mention that the girl is fairly young (being fourteen by Western standards) and it can be assumed that the male main character is around in his late teens or early twenties.

I wholly recommend this series. It is quite an enjoyable read.
This is very nice. The feeling of place and time is surprisingly good. It exploits a quite real fad for things Japanese that existed at the time and influenced art and design. The characterization is good and so is the art. It has a nice feel. And the girl is sooooooo cute! She looks even cuter because she's surrounded by all these larger, somewhat ungainly Europeans, and being isolated like that, the only one of her culture there, makes her waiflike appearance all the more touching.
You just want to comfort her and take care of her and pat her and squish her and suddenly realize she's not actually a little girl . . . ahem.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics