Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.34 - 123votes)

St&rs

Alt Names: alt 巡星alt スターズーalt ST&RS-スターズーalt Stars
Author: Takeuchi Ryousuke
Artist: Miyokawa Masaru
Genres: Adventure AdventureMystery MysterySchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A message from outer space... July 7th, 2035, the appointed day. 15 year old Maho Shirafune is following his dream, to become an astronaut and make it there, that day, to Mars! Can Maho and his friends overcome the many obstacles that stand in their way?!!
Go to St&rs Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic ST&RS discussion board New Window wiizel
  • 30 Replies

114 Comments

More I want MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The problem is that this manga choose the wrong magazine, simple as that...

Lately too many mangakas are making that mistake just because of the fame of the mag, and that ends with their works being axed.

Maybe somebody will make this guy come to his senses and will continue the work in a proper magazine.
I love st&rs too. Sure I don't like the same as the average reader of WSJ, but there are some good series on it.
Even though i love st&rs, i would rather see a new and improved work by the mangaka rather than a continuation.
Latest news. :( ST&RS got axed.
Let's hope they get a new publisher...
You know, I also want this manga to focus on alien and human cohabitation... After they found the identity of the aliens, maybe humans will enter space exploration? I just don't want it to end after their meeting.
hxh had training arcs too u just have to sell them good
Quite frankly I don't really care how popular it is right now. It's not going to change how I feel about the manga and I quite like it. However I do find it kinda sad that it is not getting more attention as it definitely deserves it. As to the fact of the some things dragging on and the mc losing his superiority, in this type of story if you want to be even a little realistic it is necessary. You can't go to space in with no training or very minimal training or your asking to die. And as I believe it was said to some effect somewhere earlier in the manga in space it's not about one person you have to have many people with extraordinary skills in order to survive.

Sorry for the long speech :P
that's why the Damocles sword is over them for months now
Yeah the art is great I'll give it that. Plus I enjoy the series, but you're correct about the pacing for Shounen. Too much time went into the training arc for Jump and then started spreading the focus from the original MC, Maho. I don't mind that, but it was poorly timed with how bad the training arc lagged on.

Now he's hitting and missing normal characters making them special which will overshadow the MC even more. Once again that's not a bad thing, but you need to keep one person that stands above the other so to speak.

I think it would have been told a lot better in WSM rather than Jump.
You can really feel the author's love in drawing/writing those lesson scenes.
He's really enjoying them and trying to put out as much as possible.
It's a little like watching the Odyssey. So amazing.

But it's going quite slow for a Shounen
and the suspense of the plot is starting to wear out
which isn't good :(

So the author has to rush up to keep up the pace
and take away some of the amazing :(
I love ST&RS and I really wish this would be popular too c:
hmm... wish to see a stunned face of izumi's friends once the first message will be publicly announced...

wonder where the story will lead?
hmm.... quite interesting...

/goes back to reading!
i see your point Laurens D. it is indeed very rare to see an interesting manga born from such a boring concept. i've read some sci-fi manga and stories that're a bit realistic (in a sense) but got bored very easily.

anyway, does it have a fixed release date? i mean the raw version. judging from the dates i think the english releases are irregular but i do feel this deserves to be a main project and that is, if the raw comes out regularly.
Off topic:

Anyone knows what manga is on chapter 2 page 2?
There always are one of these moments in every manga:

"Shit just Got Real"...
It's interesting, but sorta non-mainstream. I don't think it'll last too long unless it moves to a different manga publisher. Maybe monthly?
. . . Does anyone else get the feeling that, not only does the world revolve around the protagonist, but the universe too?
I mean, he's showcased as the supreme, omigawd character every other chapter, and seems to be the destined child of the universe?
Mah, well, I still enjoy it's innocent idealism. It seems this'll quickly spin into a supah, supah-natural story too.
Maybe if this gets enough support, another magazine will be willing to publish.
i agree is this was in a diff comic maker this would last longer.
@BlaZin, thanks for the info. Wish it was published in another magazine that isn't all about explosions and overpowered protagonist. Since the sales aren't doing good only thing left to hope for is they don't have any new series ready to go in the line-up yet.
One word: Amazing!
I am really enjoying this manga. I commend the mangaka for making space such an interesting topic. The characters in this manga all have a lot of depth and unique personalities that I really like, unlike some other shonen manga. I really hope this doesn't get canceled, it has so much potential for greatness.
Stuff tank sales, awesome stuff is awesome.

And ST&RS is awesome, no doubt whatsoever about it. <3

/fangirls <3333

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics