Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.49 - 336votes)

Owari no Seraph

Alt Names: alt 终结的炽天使alt 終わりのセラフalt Owari no Serafualt Seraph of the Endalt Seraph of the End: Kıyamet Meleğialt Seraph of the End: Serafin Dni Ostatnich (Polish)alt Seraph of the End: Vampire Reignalt اسرافیل پایانیalt سيراف النهاية: سيادة الرعب
Author: Kagami Takaya & Furuya Daisuke
Artist: Yamamoto Yamato
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorMystery MysteryShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Set in the near future, in a world where humans have to fend against vampires. Having lost everything during one such attack, Hyakuya Yuuichirou aims to join a specialized military squad for the sake of revenge, even as more unnatural things begin to occur...
Go to Owari no Seraph Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [Poll]: Which girl would you date? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chapters 22 to 39 - Just go to readmanga.today New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies
Topic Owari no Seraph Wiki New Window Reflectionz
  • 2 Replies

486 Comments

Idk why, but this manga feels like Ao no Exorcist..

After the second chapter I felt a bit of disappointment as well, but imo it's a lot better in the third? tbh the friendship talk is not as overdone as some see it. And as someone already said, military does just. not. work with someone going and doing things on his own. If he wants to go on with that 'lone wolf' thing, better refrain from joining.
I don't even think that they want him to be best friends with everyone from the start, it's just that he has to get rid of this "everyone else can go eff off, why should I even listen" mentality...
@Rava: Took the words out of my mouth, lol. I also don't understand all the hate directed towards this; it's not like people are preaching about friendship in every darn panel. If he remained a 'lone wolf type of guy' bent only on revenge, people would say it's just another cliched character again a la Uchiha Sasuke.

And I agree with Rava again - in a world where you have to fight against creatures stronger and crueler than you, forming trusted bonds with others is a must if you want to survive. Real military is no different either so I really don't understand why a little 'friendship' of all things is bugging you so much.
I don't understand all the hate this series is getting. First of all, it's only got three chapters to read so far, so you really can't judge just by that.

Also, the stuff you are all complaining about does make sense in the context of the story.

And third, it is actually true that someone who can't follow orders and does whatever the hell they want can't be allowed to actually fight in a military organization. This is true in the real world: a lose cannon who runs off on their own will either die or get everyone else killed.

For myself, it's nice to read a manga where the MC actually gets in trouble for being overconfident and thinking he can do anything.
well, at least it didn't fail hard after chapter 3 like Crimezone
what's with these trap characters lol. first 'he' looks like a girl. second he's named michaela. wtf what happened to characters who are 100% girl and 100% boy >,<
This friendship bullshit is so overdone.
I find this series to be highly disappointing. It starts out really great for the most part with the first chapter setting a wonderful grim atmosphere and tragic characters, but then in the next chapter it jarringly changes to a cliche setting and atmosphere. The first chapter actually had me fooled that this was going to be something more than the typical shounen but sadly that seems not to be the case here.
What do you mean the power of friendship bullshit? That's the author's main themes in all his stuff. That and you can almost bet the grittiness is only going to get worse as the story progresses.
Code Geass all over again.
...who the heck put a yaoi tag in this, lol? Removed.
I really hate those vampires(first time in a while that i'v ever been so upset). But I think this is a pretty good manga. But i'm just realizing...that there is a yaoi tag....o_O
interesting... he can kill a horseman of the apocalypse but not a vampire...? or am I just not understanding the time jump and reading it wrong in my head?
Wow, it seems like the completely ruined the mood of the story with the power of friendship bullshit.
@Kirito For a second time? Probably not.
@xenofixus maybe the mangaka is going to give the mc friends and love, and then all of them are going to be destroyed by the vampires or something else and the mc is going to turn into a lone wolf, altough I don't think the mangaka to be so cruel, but you never know what could happen.
@xenofixus Exactly. imo, I would prefer for him to be a lonewolf type of guy, hunting for the sake of revenge. I hate how he is being forced and ordered around because of rules and hierarchy. The story is about revenge but then in the last chapter friendship came in. wth, I am utterly disappointed, I'm gonna drop this.
Vampires have royally screwed humanity but wait, lets make sure the main character has FRIENDS! As soon as that happened this went from cool to meh. It would have been a different story entirely 'friends' weren't thrust upon him. He doesn't make a friend, he has them forced upon him. Not only that, but instead of having a friendship evolve naturally, it is forced suddenly using a very lame plot point (punishment for disobeying orders?).
lolwut a horseman of the apocalypse downed in one hit? probably wasn't war or death then...
It seems only begins now...,weeelll..,i'll look forward for future chapters then :)
Hmm this is shounen...? Really? I get the feeling it might turn into shounen-ai...Lets hope not.
its good but i hate the friendship angle and the fact that he needs friends that sucks
Wow this is a masterpiece!
@Ncf I noticed that monthly series tend to be more original, i think the magazine is giving more space for the authors to move in, so this won't get axed that quickly. but us... we will have to wait months to get these gems.
    • Ncf likes this
This series looks: Awesome!! I just hope it doens´t get axed (which probably will but hope is the last thing to die) IMO it could last to 5-15 volumes with a nice story line without getting to repetative even a bit more if they add romance to it

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics